TIW and cash tip

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
Is the TIW automatic tip added to the bill when they bring to your table? Or is the tip added after they take your method of payment? I was planning on using the TIW card for a character meal and pay the tip in cash and the meal with a gift card. Can that be done? Or if I hand the server the gift card - the complete total will be deducted (meal + tip) from the gift card?

The gratuity is automatically added to the check after running the card. You can always give additional tips in cash. You can check to see if you can pay some on the gift card and the rest in cash. I don’t believe the server can take the cash as it is run though the till.

We use TIW routinely. I always hand the card to the server before he/she prepares our bill, so the discount and autogratuity have already been added when it is presented. I then pocket the TIW card and arrange my payment (usually with my MagicBand, sometimes with a gift card). I would expect no problem with settling the bill using a combination of gift card and cash at this point, simply telling the server to take whatever amount off the gift card and handing over cash for the balance. In fact, it might be that the gift card does not have enough money available to cover the entire amount, so the server would have no choice but to take a second form of payment.

The TIW card automatically adds 18%.
You can add more to the bill as a tip or leave cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter