TIW - Can resale members buy?

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
We have a white DVC membership card (resale members in Sept of 2018). Can we purchase TIW or not? Can’t find a clear answer on disney’s site.

Many buy over the phone, including sole resale buyers.

There’s actually no statement, T&Cs, caveat etc on the Tables in Wonderland site at all that it’s direct only, so this is totally unclear. In fact, now it’s quite the opposite, the old standalone website was removed and the new text was changed compared to before. The site now says show a ‘membership ID’ OR a card when buying it, and a ‘membership ID’ is the white card (when you are resale only you will see on your DVC site it says you can click to see your ‘membership ID’. This text changes if you ever buy direct, to say click here for ‘membership card’ and then it shows you a blue digital card instead.) So DVC themselves are only using the term ‘membership ID’ in relation to a white card.

So if it wasn’t open to resale, why would they say you can show something that only resale members have, to pick it up? You’ll also notice on that site there is now also nothing about it being direct members only. Here is the text:

“When purchasing in person, please be sure to bring the following:

Disney Vacation Club Members: A valid photo ID and your Disney Vacation Club Membership ID or Card”

Here is the website:

disneyworld.disney.go/en...in-wonderland/

I suspect if you try to buy in person, the CM will not be aware of what Disney’s own advertisement (website) says, nor will they be aware of what Membership ID actually means.

Not sure about US laws, but over here in U.K., to refuse to sell it to any member based on the website wording would probably result in issues for Disney, if for example, someone complained to the Advertising Standards Authority.

Also remember if you are an AP holder you are entitled to the TIW, or a Florida resident.

I use my AP over resident seeing as though it’s $25 cheaper.

We are resale DVC members, but have the blue card and have had no trouble evre purchasing a TiW card.

Probably worth mentioning....

TIW, over the phone, actually has no security access to your DVC data :(. Over many years CALLING? We've needed to use our ACTIVE AP numbers. And we have BLUE cards :).

Now, that's over the phone. At a PARK? Well, that will be what WDW wishes to do today.

Personally? Hoping I'm WRONG for 2019. TIW really SHOULD be able to pull up your DVC data.

I renewed by phone this year. I’m nearly certain I was asked for a DVC member number. I gave them the one associated with our direct membership. FWIW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!