TIW split check question

DrFacilier

DIS Veteran
I'm pretty sure I know the answer but thought I'd ask: We will have a party of 6 for a few days in March. I have a TIW card but my parents will be getting a separate check. If we are at the same table but separate the check can they use my TIW discount or does it have to be on the same check?

It has to be on one check but you can use two forms of payment and tell the CM how much to charge on each. We always do this with a party of 8. They won’t split the check you have to figure it out and tell them how much on each.

Introduce your parents to Zelle or any of the other money sending apps.
Thanks. I did think of this. We are both stockpiling discount gift cards to use on the trip though.
It has to be on one check but you can use two forms of payment and tell the CM how much to charge on each. We always do this with a party of 8. They won’t split the check you have to figure it out and tell them how much on each.
Awesome! This sounds great. Do you think this will work if we want to use 2 gift cards?

That may be up to the server. The card specifically states the card holder must be the one to pay. So 2 credit cards with 2 different names shouldn't work. Maybe if part is credit card and part is cash or gift card, it may work as the server isn't going to know where the other came from.
From TIW - The Tables in Wonderland discount is good for up to 10 people including the member, as long as everyone is on the same check, and the Tables in Wonderland member is paying the bill

I totally agree the rules aren't set up to enable you so split checks, but that said we've had 3 trips where we did this and never had a problem splitting or even someone else who was not the TiW cardholder picking up the check entirely. It is up to the server but in probably 30 meals doing this we've never had an issue.

That may be up to the server. The card specifically states the card holder must be the one to pay. So 2 credit cards with 2 different names shouldn't work. Maybe if part is credit card and part is cash or gift card, it may work as the server isn't going to know where the other came from.
From TIW - The Tables in Wonderland discount is good for up to 10 people including the member, as long as everyone is on the same check, and the Tables in Wonderland member is paying the bill
Ok. So I should be good if I (the TIW holder) hand the server 2 gift cards to charge for one bill. Obviously the GC's don't have anyones names on them. Seems like that is within the TIW guidelines and should work.

Ok. So I should be good if I (the TIW holder) hand the server 2 gift cards to charge for one bill. Obviously the GC's don't have anyones names on them. Seems like that is within the TIW guidelines and should work.
Seems like that should work.

I would just have your parents pay you for their portion and then they can benefit from the 20% discount. Who would say no to a discount. Either settle up with them there with cash or they can pay you back when you get home. Or they can pay cash for a portion of the bill and you pay the rest with your desired payment method. We traveled with my in laws in April with TiW. We took turns paying the bill and really no server ever questioned us and gave us the discount because i provided them the card. Now not all servers will allow this because technically who ever has the card has to pay.

No
It has to be one check and it must be paid by the TIW Card holder.

1) You cannot split a check using TIW.
2) The SERVER can actually charge every diner full price if they see you try to split the check.
3) This policy is clearly listed in your TIW paperwork.

One system that works well for us when travelling with extended family is to charge the meal to our room (assuming you're staying at a Disney resort) and your parents can apply gift cards toward your folio at the front desk.

One system that works well for us when travelling with extended family is to charge the meal to our room (assuming you're staying at a Disney resort) and your parents can apply gift cards toward your folio at the front desk.
Another great option. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter