Tix, PPR, ADR, FP+ How do you plan in advance?

emerald3582

Earning My Ears
I already have a room-only res for CBR in June 2021. The dilemma I'm having now is trying to decide if I should add tickets and make it a package (and be locked into a their cancellation policy, but get a full refund if needed) or buy from an authorized reseller (about a $100 difference). Also, I'd like to buy two 6-day PH's for DH and I and two 7-day PH's for my DD's which I would also have to do through a reseller. On the other hand, if we don't go, I'm stuck with tix I won't be using for a long time as we live on the west coast.

Then, once I have my tix, how can I possibly pick which park I will be at in June without even knowing which ADR's and FP's I will get? IMO, I have to pick the parks early so we don't get locked out of even going to WDW. Then, I guess I'll just hope that I get the ADR's and FP+ that I want for whatever days I pick and hope that there's availability.

Does anyone have any advice/opinions for which tix I should buy?
Any tips for how to plan/coordinate PPR with ADR and FP+?

I’ll tackle a reply. We have always done room only plus separate tickets - in recent years from a reseller. That said, this year (October 2020 trip), I am wishing we had a package. (Our issue is that only 3 of 7 of us had purchased tickets before the shutdown.) If you do the package, you’ll need the same tickets for everyone - so either all 6-day or all 7-day - which means paying the smallish difference for you and your husband if you opt for 7 day, in addition to the higher Disney ticket prices. But the package won’t stick you with tickets you won’t easily use if you need to cancel. (In normal times, I know Undercover tourist allows refund minus 5% for return of physical tickets within 90 days. not sure if that would be sufficient cancellation window for you. And not sure how long their current cancellation policies will continue.) To me the decision seems to be how important it is to save the money. I think the package might provide more peace of mind. Just my opinion.

Assuming FastPass+ is resumed by your trip, a common rule of thumb is to schedule the parks with the hardest FastPasses later in the trip. Currently those are DHS and AK. You have enough days to do at least a couple of parks twice, so factor that into your planning. You could also do that with ADRs, if there’s a “must-do“ restaurant, but in the past it’s been easier to keep looking for ADRs and get what you want.
hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!