To all AP Holders, have you contacted WDW concerning the current and future status of AP's?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
My husband and I have Platinum Plus AP's. We activated them last Dec, and planned to use them on a large family trip this May, and then my husband and I were going again in Dec. 3 trips. Our family trip is being moved to next June. We don't know if we should cancel our Dec trip. We probably won't decide until we know if there will be fireworks, story tellers, food kiosks, CP, and other holiday happenings that we were looking forward to.

We've been patient, and were hoping that WDW would extend the same kind of treatment to us that they've shown to date based multi day ticket holders. Those have been extended for use out to Sept 26, 2021. What did AP's get? An extension of approx 4 months for the days the parks were closed. This is only right. And now another whole month! And that won't be done until October. It seems like they gave AP renewals an extra month during a period last year and/or the year before. I could be wrong on when it was, but I remember reading that AP renewals would be for 13 months instead of the 12. The thing is this, that extra month was full of all of the benefits entitled that AP. Not a stripped down version.

So for us, our Platinum Plus AP was to give us park hopping at all 4 parks, plus water parks, and some other features. We would also get the Photo Pass. We could go to any park we wanted, on any day we wanted. Maybe even try for 4, which we have yet to do. But now? Even with the measly 1 month extension, we won't have tickets for our rescheduled family trip. There isn't any date yet on when the water parks will open, so maybe not that benefit. No park hopping. Limited number of days to get in to the parks and need to use the reservation system until at least Sept 26, 2021. It's so nice that Disney extended date based tickets thru then to give them a chance to come up with dates that will work for their family trip.

So maybe we should get a refund. But wait, we don't even know exactly how much that will be. Then we take the money and buy 1 park per day tickets. Extra if we want a water park. Extra if we want the Photo Pass. We need to buy the tickets before we can book our park reservations.

What we would really love is to have our AP's extended out for a longer period of time. We don't feel comfortable going to the parks right now. Among other things, I am claustrophobic and have a difficult time wearing masks. I can only do it for a short period of time and then I have to remove the mask because I can't breathe. We're not local, a 24 hr drive away, or an airplane flight that we would really dread during these times. So we would like the benefits of the tickets we bought for use at a later date.

I would imagine that there are a lot of AP holders out there that also feel that Disney has not treated them as fairly as they have treated the multi day date based ticket holders. If so, have you contacted Disney or do you plan to? If you have already, who did you email or call? Did you receive a response? I would think that if enough AP holders contacted Disney and let Disney know their feelings, that maybe, just maybe, Disney would do the right thing.

I've read that Shanghai Disney is stopping the clock on the AP's until the park reservation requirement is over. Why not here? That would be wonderful if we could have that time next year to go to WDW the way we planned to this year. Maybe WDW could offer another option for the AP's. How about stopping the clock, and then letting the AP holder pick when to start it again? For instance, we would like to restart it next June and have it go thru December, 2021. That would give us the same 2 trips that we had planned to take this year.

I am planning on contacting Disney. Anyone have a good email address to handle this?
Thanks so much!

So for me, I had a Gold AP on monthly payment that was set to expire Apr 26. I called last week to ask, and they said I was supposed to call and choose between refund or extension. But I made my last payment on March 26 (before they stopped it) and they don't issue refunds for final payment (so why it didn't default to extension I have no idea).

I'm still waiting for AP to be extended, and I won't be able to do any park reservations til it is. I've done 2 separate chats, and talked to someone at Disney Springs, and all gave me same answer. I have to just wait and they're working on it.

I work in guest services, so I have a higher appreciation of front line jobs than most people. So I try to treat those people as best as I can. But if it's not there by Fri, I am going to throw a huge fit at them, and I will feel bad for that person. Not fair at all I'd be getting the shaft for something that is out of my control. I can also guarantee I won't ever get an AP to disney ever again if that ends up being the case

I feel your pain. I am an out-of-state Platinum Passholder who planned on 3 trips this year for Flower & Garden Fest, MNSSHP/Food & Wine Fest, and MVMCP. The first trip was cancelled due to the park closures, MNSSHP is cancelled, and I can't make a Christmas season park reservation past my Oct 9th pass extension date. One of the main attractions of a Disney vacation for me is that staying onsite makes it easy with Magical Express, resort package delivery, resort bag check, 60 day Fastpass availability, etc. I usually go for 10 days at a time. Not being able to make an onsite resort reservation limits me to 3 park days so at this point I can't plan a vacation where I can visit all 4 parks in a single trip. A passholder who has to travel in can be spending a good part of the first and last day traveling which could eat into that 3 day park schedule (unless you are willing to book an offsite hotel for the first and last day with no park access). With all the reductions to the WDW vacation experience, it would seem more reasonable for the passholder extension to continue until the park reservation system is no longer needed. I understand the need for precautions and I appreciate that Disney has extended the pass expiration date but the current restrictions make it difficult for non-locals to book a trip that reflects the value of our annual passes. I'm hoping that things will lighten up and resort booking will become available but if the current restrictions are in place when it comes time to renew my annual pass, I may have to sit out until it becomes a reasonable value again.

With all the reductions to the WDW vacation experience, it would seem more reasonable for the passholder extension to continue until the park reservation system is no longer needed. I understand the need for precautions and I appreciate that Disney has extended the pass expiration date but the current restrictions make it difficult for non-locals to book a trip that reflects the value of our annual passes
I’m in same place, out of state AP. We activated our passes in January. And that maybe the only trip we get out of them, as I don know if we will want to go in August or even be able to get a reservation. Park hopping is a huge deal for us. We don’t stay onsite for all trips.
Plus for me- the idea of wearing masks and being told to be afraid of other people (STAY 6’AWAY) makes me sad. I wore a mask at universal for two days and I know I can do it, I was excited to be back and glad I went. Mask wearing in general doesn’t bother me. But I also realized I really need and look forward to the escape of being on vacation, seeing everybody masked up reminds you to be afraid of contagion-NOT an escape. And Universal handled things well and most things are open.

I wish they’d give the option of pausing the pass-I’d give up the extra months if I could put the pass on “hold” and not have the clock start ticking again I’M ready to use it.
Wonder if enough of us complain they’d do something. THe way WDW has handled the whole thing (starting with shut down) has left a sour taste in my mouth

I wish that Disney would see that the best solution for AP holders is to pause the clock at the time the parks shut down, and then let the AP holder pick when to restart the clock again for the duration of the time that was left on the AP when the parks closed in March. I agree that I don't need the extra month extension, just give me the time I had remaining and let me use it when I'm wanting/able to make the trips again. That's no different than what Disney has done for date based tickets. Those tickets have been extended until Sept 26, 2021, thus allowing the guests to visit the parks in the future for which ever dates they choose, for the amount of days on the ticket.

Maybe Disney hasn't thought of this option. ??? Let's contact them and let them know that pausing the AP's would be the best answer.

My husband and I have Platinum Plus AP's. We activated them last Dec, and planned to use them on a large family trip this May, and then my husband and I were going again in Dec. 3 trips. Our family trip is being moved to next June. We don't know if we should cancel our Dec trip. We probably won't decide until we know if there will be fireworks, story tellers, food kiosks, CP, and other holiday happenings that we were looking forward to.

We've been patient, and were hoping that WDW would extend the same kind of treatment to us that they've shown to date based multi day ticket holders. Those have been extended for use out to Sept 26, 2021. What did AP's get? An extension of approx 4 months for the days the parks were closed. This is only right. And now another whole month! And that won't be done until October. It seems like they gave AP renewals an extra month during a period last year and/or the year before. I could be wrong on when it was, but I remember reading that AP renewals would be for 13 months instead of the 12. The thing is this, that extra month was full of all of the benefits entitled that AP. Not a stripped down version.

So for us, our Platinum Plus AP was to give us park hopping at all 4 parks, plus water parks, and some other features. We would also get the Photo Pass. We could go to any park we wanted, on any day we wanted. Maybe even try for 4, which we have yet to do. But now? Even with the measly 1 month extension, we won't have tickets for our rescheduled family trip. There isn't any date yet on when the water parks will open, so maybe not that benefit. No park hopping. Limited number of days to get in to the parks and need to use the reservation system until at least Sept 26, 2021. It's so nice that Disney extended date based tickets thru then to give them a chance to come up with dates that will work for their family trip.

So maybe we should get a refund. But wait, we don't even know exactly how much that will be. Then we take the money and buy 1 park per day tickets. Extra if we want a water park. Extra if we want the Photo Pass. We need to buy the tickets before we can book our park reservations.

What we would really love is to have our AP's extended out for a longer period of time. We don't feel comfortable going to the parks right now. Among other things, I am claustrophobic and have a difficult time wearing masks. I can only do it for a short period of time and then I have to remove the mask because I can't breathe. We're not local, a 24 hr drive away, or an airplane flight that we would really dread during these times. So we would like the benefits of the tickets we bought for use at a later date.

I would imagine that there are a lot of AP holders out there that also feel that Disney has not treated them as fairly as they have treated the multi day date based ticket holders. If so, have you contacted Disney or do you plan to? If you have already, who did you email or call? Did you receive a response? I would think that if enough AP holders contacted Disney and let Disney know their feelings, that maybe, just maybe, Disney would do the right thing.

I've read that Shanghai Disney is stopping the clock on the AP's until the park reservation requirement is over. Why not here? That would be wonderful if we could have that time next year to go to WDW the way we planned to this year. Maybe WDW could offer another option for the AP's. How about stopping the clock, and then letting the AP holder pick when to start it again? For instance, we would like to restart it next June and have it go thru December, 2021. That would give us the same 2 trips that we had planned to take this year.

I am planning on contacting Disney. Anyone have a good email address to handle this?
Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!