To all you dads with passes or go often (a very personal question about SBS)

Bonniec

DIS Veteran
:rotfl:

I know this isn't a funny subject, but I feel wierd asking this for my husband. We go to theme parks pretty much every weekend, and every single time he suffers from SBS....sweaty b*** syndrome (his term). :lmao:

Okay but seriously, I can tell this hurts him pretty bad and we have no idea how to fix it. I've bought powders and chaffing gel. Tried changing different types of undies. Seriously...how does a man cope with this?? Not even sure what causes it....friction? sweat? heat? hair?

If any of you men have a solution to this problem, I'm sure my DH would be greatful! .....So would I, I'm tired of watching the poor guy hobble out of the parks. :goodvibes

I would recommend trying bodyglide, which is like a deodorant stick, that you can buy at any running store worth its salt. It prevents chafing, but doesn't actually prevent the SBS, its just not painful anymore. Reapply as often as needed.:thumbsup2

Matt

Are you sure he's wearing the correct size underwear? That could be part of the problem. If it's riding up, it's not going to be comfortable. I think I'll get points if I say any more.

If that's not it, try Gold Bond powder. Or walk slower. :rotfl:

You could go to your local Ace Hardware and get some Monkey Butt anti itch powder :lmao: . . . I kid you not, this is what it is called.

Works wonders on sweating and chaffing!

Apply an anti-perspirant/deodorant to the area after morning shower, followed up by Gold Bond powder. Take a break back to your resort in the afternoon and repeat the applications after a cool shower - before heading back to the parks in the evening.

Works great for me... wait - I mean, MY FRIEND. Yeah, I have a FRIEND with this problem. :rotfl2:

Strong support for the Monkey Butt, I use it for my long distance motorcycle riding. If you can't get it, Gold Bond powder works wonders as well. Just have to make sure he's not being stubborn and is actually using it. After the initial 5 minutes the "medicated" part wears off and then you're golden.

Also, the suggestion to switch to a different type of underwear is sound as well.

All the best,

Cody

the best thing ever for any kind of chaffing, including daiper rash. sweaty thighs, and your hubby's problem:

Argo Corn Starch.

any baby shower I am invited to, I give a box of this an an extra little gift. my FIL (an ironworker, who walked the Ibeams in the heat of summer) swore by it.

I will go with baby rash to I used "DESITIN"....and it was happing because my underwear was the wrong size:rotfl2:

Another vote for Body Glide. :thumbsup2

And maybe underwear with less cotton. Cotton tends to absorb the perspiration, in turn making the underwear soggy.

Just for a visual reference - this is what you are looking for:

tumblr_llvvyzoQuj1qgu0tp.jpg

while going throught he sanday coupons today, I saw a product (kid you not) for diaper rash called "Butt Paste".

don't know if it works, but that marketing guy is a genius.

while going throught he sanday coupons today, I saw a product (kid you not) for diaper rash called "Butt Paste".

Yeah, that has been out for a while. Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Usually found in the baby isle next to the Desitin. I always chuckle when I see it there. :lmao:

I can vouch for Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I don't have a really bad sweating problem, but I will chafe if I walk around too much (especially in a theme park, where I may be getting wet on rides).

I haven't used it, but I have friends that swear by "Fresh Balls." Yes, it's a pretty obvious name, but like I said, I have friends that love it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=hpc&hvadid=7906450185&ref=pd_sl_1e4iwue6s0_e

LOL! I checked out that link and think THIS is awesome, but I don't have the cajones to wear that shirt in public. (Pun intended) :rotfl::rotfl2:

Don't use Butt Paste. That's too sticky (but it works great for kids with diarrhea as a barrier!)

I'll be honest.:confused3 I sweat... a lot. This is a little more expensive than some of the suggestions like Body Glide or the powders, but I have bought some boxer jock type underwear from Under Armour that I wear when I'm going to be walking a lot in the heat or doing some type of physical activity. They don't ride up, they keep the thighs from rubbing and they're much cooler than cotton underwear. Now if somebody has the secret to keep from sweating through your clothes, fill me in. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!