To Floss Or Not To Floss

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
On the MK bus today,a Guest was flossing their teeth-really getting after it.

Bad manners or just awesome hygiene opportunity?:)

Bad manners. The whole purpose of flossing it get junk out from between your teeth. If you do that in public, that junk ends up in public places. It's not hard to wait until you're in private, especially if that bus ride is headed back towards the hotels.

Ewwww. One of my best friends uses those little floss picks anywhere and everywhere. Never fails to gross me out.

Gross!!! I can't floss anywhere but at the bathroom sink. My hygienist says she sits on the couch and flosses while watching t.v. :crazy2:
How on earth could anyone consider it acceptable to do this in public?!? Seriously? Personal hygiene in general is rather "intimate", doing it in public near strangers is unthinkable. If there's anyone here willing to admit they'd do it, I'd be interested in hearing their thinking.

Vigorously brushing your hair - gross, keep your disgusting hairs and scalp flakes off me. Pulling a deodorant stick out of your backpack and reaching under your shirt to smear it on - rude and tacky. Tearing your untrimmed toenails off while wearing sandals and flicking them - I can't even. And all of these things (which I have personally witnessed) are less nauseating than watching somebody floss. :faint:

OCD flossing addict here... but, on a crowded bus... NOPE!!!

I am follically blessed with a lot of thick hair.
NO WAY am I going all day without putting a brush thru it and pinning it back up.
And, nope, not going to ONLY handle my hair in the bathroom.

I do think that some people are just too overly 'sensitive' about everyday normal things and the human body.

OCD flossing addict here... but, on a crowded bus... NOPE!!!

I am follically blessed with a lot of thick hair.
NO WAY am I going all day without putting a brush thru it and pinning it back up.
And, nope, not going to ONLY handle my hair in the bathroom.

I do think that some people are just too overly 'sensitive' about everyday normal things and the human body.
:confused3 Maybe so, but clearly you do have your limits too, which makes it weird that you wouldn't respect anybody else's.

Lol, a few years ago at WDW, we were at one of the parks just getting out of the car and walking towards the tram. There was a lady walking towards us just brushing her teeth like crazy. We all went 'ewww' and kept walking toward the tram. Then comes this guy doing the same. We just looked at each other and said 'her husband', lol

I'm just imagining all the germs she's got on her hands after touching things at a theme park and on the bus, and now they are being put into her mouth when she handles the floss? Ugh.

I floss a lot, probably an unhealthy amount of flossing, but I would never do it in public. I don't know who commented about flossing on the couch while watching tv but I have to admit that I'm guilty of that. Not in front of guests though. THere's lots of things that I won't do in public but WILL do in the privacy of my own home.

Flossing one's teeth should be done in the bathroom, with the door closed. Doing it anywhere in public is disgusting and if I were sitting beside someone doing that I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself from saying something to them.

Once when we were flying and just about to land the woman sitting next to me pulled a deodorant stick out of her bag and proceeded to apply it to her armpits going under her shirt. Yuck.

I think doing things like that, and clipping finger/toe nails should be done in the bathroom, privately.

Bad manners & I for sure would've commented something like, "Personal Hygiene really should be taken care of behind closed doors". I'm a public school teacher (over 25 years now) and not afraid to tell anyone ANYTHING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter