To go or not to go: HS, Dec 5th

GAJonesy27

Earning My Ears
So I snagged reservations for a party of 11 for 50s Prime Time on December 5th, then found out later that ROTR was opening that day...Yay...So am I totally crazy to try to keep that as our HS day? Will the whole park be insanity or just Galaxy’s Edge?? Part of our party wants to see GE, don’t necessarily care about the ride. Should I just ditch the reservation and do a different day at HS?

NO, stay home, DO NOT GO........................

Then send me instead......................:)

I say GO FOR IT!!!!!

When I planned our WDW vacation back in Feb, SWGE was not a factor, planned as normal, decided on a week day HS day with Fantasmic to end the day, Thursday in late steamy, HOT August, should be a slam dunk for SDD,ToT, RoRC.....or so I thought as then out of nowhere Disney announced that SWGE will be opening on the very day I planned, was a bit ate to rearrange as it would have meant 2 days on different parks, naw..... Well the day we planned was the 29th of Aug, SWGE grand opening! Contemplated not doing HS that day then said WTH! Went with the original plans and had a BLAST! So much fun, yea the lines were LONG for EVERYTHING but was a day I will never forget......I say have some fun and if GE is crazy then the rest of the park should be GTG........

So I snagged reservations for a party of 11 for 50s Prime Time on December 5th, then found out later that ROTR was opening that day...Yay...So am I totally crazy to try to keep that as our HS day? Will the whole park be insanity or just Galaxy’s Edge?? Part of our party wants to see GE, don’t necessarily care about the ride. Should I just ditch the reservation and do a different day at HS?

I'm honestly hoping it's going to be similar as the opening. Large swell in GE with not much out of the ordinary going on in the other parts of the park (might still be crowded but not 2 hrs for everything crowded). Fingers crossed this keeps people out of EPCOT during EMH XD. The way my ADRs for GE shook out (because I was late to the party) was grabbing a 7:45 PM ressie on that day for Oga's, and if they keep the hours they have, hopefully I can get in line for RotR to close out the park after the drinks.

All that said, go ahead and keep the reservation. If nothing else, you can always enter the VQ during your reservation and hopefully by the time you're done with your meal at 50's you can head into GE (if you're just there for the land). I was originally going to just explore the land now I have three visits into the park because I have 3 reservations (Savi's, Oga's, and Droid Depot) across 3 days XD.

Haha! Ok! Thank you both for the advice! I don’t really care that much about seeing GE, my concern is more the rest of the park. We have four littles ages 1-9, so as long as they get to do their regular HS stuff we’re good to go!
My brother really wants to do GE and ROTR, and said we should just get there early...I told him that if it was the same as opening day, he’d be in line at 4:00 am, lol. Hopefully he’ll be able to do it without spending all day in line🤷🏻‍♀️

[Q\
Haha! Ok! Thank you both for the advice! I don’t really care that much about seeing GE, my concern is more the rest of the park. We have four littles ages 1-9, so as long as they get to do their regular HS stuff we’re good to go!
My brother really wants to do GE and ROTR, and said we should just get there early...I told him that if it was the same as opening day, he’d be in line at 4:00 am, lol. Hopefully he’ll be able to do it without spending all day in line🤷🏻‍♀️

Right as I'm posting this SDD is 60 min wait, TSM & RnRC is 45, ToT is 40, and MFSR is 50. If your kids have no interest in GE, even with the crazy rush that MIGHT occur, I think they'll get to do everything they want (especially when you account for FP).

The only reason to line up at 4 in the morning is if you cared about Galaxy's Edge, and they may not even let you do that unless they open at 6:00AM again.

Quick update. They finally move my time up to 3:15. I guess they haven’t told the CMs working the dining reservations about the early closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter