To honeymoon or not to honeymoon?

KyCoKe16

Mouseketeer
I could use some other opinions here. My fiancé and I are scheduled to honeymoon at Disney 6/16-6/25. At this point, we are keeping our wedding date the same and scaling it back to family-only in hopes that we can still have it. However, we are not as hopeful that Disney will be fully functional by that point. So right now we are left to a few options: 1. Take a chance that things will be back to normal and keep the honeymoon as-is
2. Cancel it for now and do it later, when the parks are fully functional and I have available time (I’m a teacher so really need to do it in the summer)
3. Plan and alternative honeymoon that may be more likely to happen in June

I’m struggling with this right now. It’s my fiancé’s first marriage and it’s my second, but I never had a honeymoon the first time. So, the honeymoon was what I was looking forward to most this time😔

My wife and I honeymooned in Disney and loved it. We spent 10 magical days at the Grand Flo, had the deluxe dining plan, and lived it up. I would keep your June trip. I think the parks will be re-opened by then.

My wife and I honeymooned in Disney and loved it. We spent 10 magical days at the Grand Flo, had the deluxe dining plan, and lived it up. I would keep your June trip. I think the parks will be re-opened by then.
I hope so! I’m concerned that, even if they are open, things won’t be the same yet. My fiancé is not very confident that they will be open at all by then, basing this on the fact that Trump said things wouldn’t be getting back to normal until July/August. That’s what makes it tough

You could always push back your honeymoon, it doesn't have to be right after the wedding. If things look like they might still be closed or only half open push the dates back and have the honeymoon you both deserve. The holiday season is a really nice time to go. Summer is usually super hot, humid and afternoon thunderstorms after every day.

You could always push back your honeymoon, it doesn't have to be right after the wedding. If things look like they might still be closed or only half open push the dates back and have the honeymoon you both deserve. The holiday season is a really nice time to go. Summer is usually super hot, humid and afternoon thunderstorms after every day.
I usually have to go in the summer because I’m a teacher. The problem with the holidays is that we have kids and really can’t take a week or more away during that time. Also, we have a small trip to NYC planned with my step daughter this upcoming holiday, as a graduation gift. So, likely if we push it back it will have to be next summer

I know you may be looking forward to the parks, but spending time alone with your new husband at the resort will be nice too. My husband and I had a long weekend at the Boardwalk and it was perfect! Watched movies, took naps, ordered in, went to Disney Springs, and hung out in the hot tub. I wouldn’t have changed it for anything. Just another perspective if everything isn’t open by then. I also wouldn’t push it back because being there right after the wedding was amazing. Just enjoying that newly wed bubble is irreplacable.

I'd cancel it and wait a while until you book another. We have no idea what's going to happen in the next few months.

My husband and I had a small mini honeymoon post wedding during the Food and Wine Festival. We loved it. We were supposed to go on DCL cruise to Hawaii at the late part of this month for the actual honeymoon, but we are cancelling it. Given with yours coming up in June, I would push it back for maybe something in the fall, given that the COVID19 pandemic is starting to ramp up in the US.

It's possible Disney will be open to some degree but its doubtful that it would be 100% ( although nothing is impossible ).

If it were me, I'd wait to cancel. Disney has been flexible with cancelations so you have that on your side. If you have the funds you could book a back up for 2021.

Where are you supposed to stay?

We were supposed to honeymoon 3/15-3/26, obviously, it didn’t happen. :( we rescheduled for August. As long as the resorts are open, I think we will have a great time! We are staying 3 nights at the POLY, 6 nights at AKL, and 2 nights at Yacht Club.

There really is no reason to cancel, as you can cancel up until thirty days, maybe the day before? I can’t remember exactly, but it’s worth it to just wait and see. More pool, drinks, and restaurant time :) since you scaled back the wedding, maybe you could stay at a deluxe resort? Splurge at Victoria and Alberts or Yachtsman?

So we are supposed to honeymoon at the Contemporary in late August and we are likely going to postpone to next year. With things looking like they will be pushed for all of May and likely some of June, we find it hard to believe all 4 parks will be open this summer and it seems like masks will be necessary. While I love the Disney resorts, we stay at the resorts because we want to go to the parks. We will choose a different location for August and come back next year to wear my bridal ears!

They are now only taking reservations starting in July, so I am going to guess that WDW will be cancelling most if not all their June reservations. Plus, there will be limitations on places to go and distancing etc. to me, sure not worth paying $$ only to find out you cannot do a lot.

They are now only taking reservations starting in July, so I am going to guess that WDW will be cancelling most if not all their June reservations. Plus, there will be limitations on places to go and distancing etc. to me, sure not worth paying $$ only to find out you cannot do a lot.
I agree. If I were in this kind of position I would either postpone to a later date or choose a different location to honeymoon.

Too stressful - this morning Good Morning America announced what we have been reading the last few days - they are accepting reservations starting in July. I would have postponed already. Enjoy it a little later down the road. Congratulations!

My son and soon to be DIL are hoping to honeymoon in Disney during late September A lot of the rooms are showing booked out already! I guess it's from people rescheduling trips, weddings and honeymooms. I hope the parks are back up to full capacity and all attractions and shows are on as well. Any thoughts from those of you who will be there then?

My son and soon to be DIL are hoping to honeymoon in Disney during late September A lot of the rooms are showing booked out already! I guess it's from people rescheduling trips, weddings and honeymooms. I hope the parks are back up to full capacity and all attractions and shows are on as well. Any thoughts from those of you who will be there then?
We are scheduled to go in late August for our honeymoon and it seems unlikely it will be open at full capacity with all attractions in August. I don’t think it will be “normal” until a vaccine comes out as that is what most states are requiring before lifting all restrictions. Personally, I think some of the parks and attractions will be open in September but your son and future DIL should start planning a Plan B honeymoon if they are not interested in an altered WDW experience in September. We are likely going to postpone our honeymoon because we want the full experience and that is unlikely this summer/fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!