To hop or not to hop....

We got hoppers once as a free promotion and we only used them once. Mostly because we planned and were at the low crowd parks and enjoyed staying all day. We have them this time as well and may use them on our last days so we can be flexible with ADRs and parks on those days. It’s usually not a great expense for a longer stay. We may switch to a park hopper plus if we decide to do the water parks.

We always get park hoppers and spend the first part of the day at one park and last part at another. If it's hot, we'll go back to the resort mid day to rest or swim. We have literally never spent an entire day at just one park. I'm thinking that if we just stay the day at one park, it would save a lot of wasted travel time. I'm just worried that we'll get tired of being at the same park all day. Taking the cost difference out of it, can those who have done both hoppers and single parks comment on this? Thanks!

Done both; prefer hoppers. Hoppers have saved my evenings many a time. However, I also see my travel time as part of my vacation (weird? maybe), so I don't always go back to my room between hops, rather I go tour a different hotel and eat, shop, or chill, then on to a different park.

We always get park hoppers and spend the first part of the day at one park and last part at another. If it's hot, we'll go back to the resort mid day to rest or swim. We have literally never spent an entire day at just one park. I'm thinking that if we just stay the day at one park, it would save a lot of wasted travel time. I'm just worried that we'll get tired of being at the same park all day. Taking the cost difference out of it, can those who have done both hoppers and single parks comment on this? Thanks!

Prior to my last few trips I always have done single park tickets thinking that traveling would waste so much time. However I tried park hopping and honestly I can't understand how I didn't do it sooner. For me the time spent traveling (I usually have my own car) is so minimal even taking into account going back to the lot for the car. I feel like hopping gives us a chance to change and switch parks and get more each day. when we only went to the park for the day we stayed for most of the time till the park closed. We cant do that anymore so spending only 6 hours in 1 park seems like a waste. It also allows us larger dining options as well. if you could afford it I'd park hop. I cant see myself ever going back to one park per day.

Our preferred resort is beach club,so we always get the hopper...the World Showcase is just right there! Also if you always end up doing laundry on vacation like I do, there's a laundry room close to the IG. The dry-cycle is just long enough for a stroll around the WS for a snack and a drink.

Not a fan of park hopping. Big waste of time and energy unless you are going back to the resort midday for a break anyway. That said I am looking forward to our next trip so I can try to do all 4 parks in one day. Talk about a lot of traveling time and walking. The only reason we have hoppers is we have FD.

I think that when it comes to hopping, it has a lot to do with your vacation style. If you're into making the most of every minute, getting in as many rides as possible, closely following a touring plan, then hopping around can definitely seem like wasted time. It's likely going to really frustrate you if there are transportation delays because they mess up your schedule, and the more often you have to move from one place to another, the greater the odds you'll eventually run into a delay. If you're trying to convince yourself to take a break, but the whole time you're on the break you're thinking about what fun you could be having in the park, then it's not worth it, you know?

If you're more laid back in your Disney days, only bothering to worry about time if you have an ADR or a fastpass, and perhaps not even bothering to work with many of those (this approach obviously works best in the lowest crowds times of year), then hopping may be part of the fun for you. Maybe you want to try to use as many types of WDW transportation as possible, or check out a bunch of other resorts during your stay, then bopping from one park to your resort to another park one day, and from one park to another resort for lunch and to another park another day may be perfect for you.

It also depends on how you will travel around the world and how you feel about the travel itself. My husband views monorail rides as an attraction and I feel the same about any boat ride. We're all excited to at least try the gondolas when they are ready. So the time we spend traveling on these isn't a big deal to us. :) But if you don't particularly like the transportation, then hopping is going to have you spending more time than necessary doing something you don't really like.

It also depends on how you will travel around the world and how you feel about the travel itself. My husband views monorail rides as an attraction and I feel the same about any boat ride. We're all excited to at least try the gondolas when they are ready. So the time we spend traveling on these isn't a big deal to us. :) But if you don't particularly like the transportation, then hopping is going to have you spending more time than necessary doing something you don't really like.

We're the same way. I love the monorail, DH loves the boats. I know this is strange, but I also like the bus, so the transportation while hopping doesn't bother me a bit. I'm going to try the Minnie Van during our next trip and can't wait! I'm also looking forward to trying the gondolas!

We find that our favorite restaurants tend to be in EPCOT so the park hopper allows us to go to those restaurants. We then enjoy spending the evening at EPCOT but the PH also allows us to go to another park at night, after dinner. We just love the flexibility the PH provides us so its worth it to us to spend the extra money for it.

We are going in sept 2019 . and hoppers are needed for free dining it they offer it. We had them a couple of years ago and used them a few times.
Was thinking of rope dropping one park with EMH for 2-3 hours and then head to least crowds park of the with day with our 3 fastpasses.
Got the idea from other disers on here ?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter