To Infinity and Beyond - A Pixar WISH Challenge! February 2018

Do you practice mindfulness?
Is there anything you do to help stay centered in times of chaos?
Does this have any effect on your weight loss/healthy living journey?

Good morning!!

I've been working on mindfulness -- on Friday when I overate (and enjoyed LOTS of cheese and crackers), I was pretty mindful during eating. However, I still need to connect KNOWING that I'm overeating with the part of my brain that asks, "WHY are you overeating?" It's like a kid refusing to answer when asked who busted the lamp.

My chaos is almost always work-related. On Sunday nights, I look at my calendar for the week and plan out my days. I bring breakfast and lunch to work (and afternoon snack) nearly every day, unless work is providing it. I make sure that I get my steps in, still walk to/from the train station, and, if meetings allow, go to the fitness center in my building before work.

This helps keep the structure within the chaos planned, and eliminates me having to make choices throughout the chaos.

@Oneanne in theory I don't believe in sugar addiction. In practice having little sugar as part of the meal is perfectly fine. But adding cakes, ice cream, chocolate and other high sugar items to my diet have made it harder for me. I almost always end up wanting more food after I eat something high sugar, than before. I sometimes am happy with my dinner, have something sweet and start craving more food after! I keep changing my mind about it but right now I am not loving sweet things

@lovesmurfs I am trying to figure out how overeating occasionally came back as I was perfectly happy not doing it. The truth is t's easy way to change your state - work stress, eating too much, feeling bad because of eating too much - shift of focus. Sometimes it's easier to deal with the negative impact of eating too much than it is to facing your feelings. I love yoga, but I feel I need to figure out other ways to shift my focus than eating toast and cheese at 8 pm! Another thing is what time does over eating happens? For me it's the hours between 7 and 9 and potentially 5 to 6. If I come home at 5, and eat my dinner at 5 I will be hungry by bed time. I either have to plan for snack, or push my dinner to later. I find having snack between lunch and dinner helps with that. I will be working towards not eating after dinner (usually after 7 or 7:30). If I have good size dinner, I should survive few hours of not eating at night, and it's almost never hunger related eating

I bring my own food too. I work in large multinational company with most staff between 25 and 40 and we have fridges in work. I think there are well over 2000 in the building. The amount of people eating healthy and bringing their own food is amazing. Planning helps. I also like reminding myself that there are quick options I can do if my plans fail - as I have many options where i can the right type of breakfast and lunch in work.

I think I need another round of tony robbins audio program. Not that fun to do but my musts are slipping away from me, I need to reassess my plan. Would love to get little fitter and slimmer for our Disney Vacation in June.

whoohoo wednesday - I feel fantastic. Few ups and downs in mood, but I cooked up storm yesterday with delicious meals with great calorie count. Aubergine moussaka, lasagna, jambalaya, super tasty slaw with cabbage carrots lime chili apples radishes and herbs, fajita style chicken, fajita style vegies, cilantro rice. I am fully set for the remaining of the week, i didn't push myself to exercise when I was drained and thanks to that I am energetic and happy bunny today!

My Woohoo is that I am still the same weight as yesterday morning after having a Paczki and chocolate covered strawberries. I have also worked out 2 days this week so far. I didn't get to the rec yesterday but I got the Wii board out and did like 40 + minutes stepping while watching TV.

The chocolate covered strawberries are a Valentine's gift from DH. I get them every year. It is all I ask for. We get them from a local chocolate place. They make the best chocolate IMO. They only make the chocolate covered strawberries twice a year. Sweetest day in October and for Valentine's day. So I have to get them when I can. I only get 1 box with only 10 strawberries.

Woohoo Wednesday, February 14

tumblr_lk7568hO8D1qi4ns0o1_400.gif

Awesome woohoos so far-- keep 'em coming!

Ka-chow!

Woo hoo! The pants I wore to work yesterday morning were ones I purchased at a thrift store (Liz Claiborne) as a "goal" 10 years ago. Until yesterday, they hung, sad, nearly forgotten, and forlorn in the way back of my closet.

Three sizes lower than what I wore when I began this weight loss journey! Woot!

Woohoo!

Wish I had something food/health related to be excited about, but alas all I can come up with involves cats. Mike has been scratching his chin, vigorously, like with his back foot making this crazy noise. I swapped out their wet food dishes thinking he was rubbing it against the edge, but that didn't change anything... over the weekend I changed the dry food dish and last evening he didn't scratch at all, so I think I may have finally cracked the mystery. And I've been keeping an eye on Whitehall because she's been trying to cough up a hairball for several days with no success, but she also seemed much better last night.

Oh, and one of my projects is getting ready to go-live early next week... so proud of my team for pulling this one out of the proverbial toilet. Fingers crossed go-live goes-well.

And that pretty much sums up my life right now... itchy yacky kittens and work.

I am more tired when i don't move. I am stuck sitting all day today without lunch break - calls back to back and my body is aching for some movement. I can't wait for yoga class tonight.

Sorry for the delay y'all -- I got whisked off this morning to a delivery and and just settling into my day. New posts up shortly :-)

Thrusday, February 15

We are a little over halfway through the month!

b14c7dab24a3d937b43ced0681abf3c1--great-stories-best-friends.jpg

Let's check in with ourselves.

Are you like Mater so far-- making good choices?
How are you doing overall?
What challenges have you faced?
What are some of your successes?!
How are you making sure you reach your goal in the next two weeks?

@Oneanne in theory I don't believe in sugar addiction. In practice having little sugar as part of the meal is perfectly fine. But adding cakes, ice cream, chocolate and other high sugar items to my diet have made it harder for me. I almost always end up wanting more food after I eat something high sugar, than before. I sometimes am happy with my dinner, have something sweet and start craving more food after! I keep changing my mind about it but right now I am not loving sweet things

@lovesmurfs I am trying to figure out how overeating occasionally came back as I was perfectly happy not doing it. The truth is t's easy way to change your state - work stress, eating too much, feeling bad because of eating too much - shift of focus. Sometimes it's easier to deal with the negative impact of eating too much than it is to facing your feelings. I love yoga, but I feel I need to figure out other ways to shift my focus than eating toast and cheese at 8 pm! Another thing is what time does over eating happens? For me it's the hours between 7 and 9 and potentially 5 to 6. If I come home at 5, and eat my dinner at 5 I will be hungry by bed time. I either have to plan for snack, or push my dinner to later. I find having snack between lunch and dinner helps with that. I will be working towards not eating after dinner (usually after 7 or 7:30). If I have good size dinner, I should survive few hours of not eating at night, and it's almost never hunger related eating

I bring my own food too. I work in large multinational company with most staff between 25 and 40 and we have fridges in work. I think there are well over 2000 in the building. The amount of people eating healthy and bringing their own food is amazing. Planning helps. I also like reminding myself that there are quick options I can do if my plans fail - as I have many options where i can the right type of breakfast and lunch in work.

I think I need another round of tony robbins audio program. Not that fun to do but my musts are slipping away from me, I need to reassess my plan. Would love to get little fitter and slimmer for our Disney Vacation in June.
@HappyGrape I never understood the impact of sugar, until I read the Amen Solution where he explained how it hits the brains addiction center the same way cocaine does. I came to realize that for me it was a drug and I needed to address it differently, but I fully understand that it won't become an addiction for everyone.

However, I still need to connect KNOWING that I'm overeating with the part of my brain that asks, "WHY are you overeating?" It's like a kid refusing to answer when asked who busted the lamp.

I feel like this is where I am too. I am pretty good with knowing I am doing it in the moment, but not ever addressing the why in a real way. I love the analogy of the little kid!

The chocolate covered strawberries are a Valentine's gift from DH. I get them every year. It is all I ask for. We get them from a local chocolate place. They make the best chocolate IMO. They only make the chocolate covered strawberries twice a year. Sweetest day in October and for Valentine's day. So I have to get them when I can. I only get 1 box with only 10 strawberries.

Yum! And what a lovely treat!

Woo hoo! The pants I wore to work yesterday morning were ones I purchased at a thrift store (Liz Claiborne) as a "goal" 10 years ago. Until yesterday, they hung, sad, nearly forgotten, and forlorn in the way back of my closet.

Three sizes lower than what I wore when I began this weight loss journey! Woot!

That's amazing! :cheer2: Woohoo!

Woohoo!

Wish I had something food/health related to be excited about, but alas all I can come up with involves cats. Mike has been scratching his chin, vigorously, like with his back foot making this crazy noise. I swapped out their wet food dishes thinking he was rubbing it against the edge, but that didn't change anything... over the weekend I changed the dry food dish and last evening he didn't scratch at all, so I think I may have finally cracked the mystery. And I've been keeping an eye on Whitehall because she's been trying to cough up a hairball for several days with no success, but she also seemed much better last night.

Oh, and one of my projects is getting ready to go-live early next week... so proud of my team for pulling this one out of the proverbial toilet. Fingers crossed go-live goes-well.

And that pretty much sums up my life right now... itchy yacky kittens and work.

Keeping our kitties comfortable and happy is always woohoo worthy! :cat:

I am more tired when i don't move. I am stuck sitting all day today without lunch break - calls back to back and my body is aching for some movement. I can't wait for yoga class tonight.

I agree-- I used to think I was too tired to work out, but the truth is I am usually tired because I am not getting any exercise!

QOTD:

I seem to be in a holding pattern, taking a bit of a break. I haven't cleared anything out of the house in the past week, and there is still more to be done. The only things I've been doing for the course is keeping up with the FB postings. I need to get going again, on all accounts... cool that we have a three day weekend coming up, to open up more time and energy to do so.

And Sunday I have a paper cutting class which is being put on by my favorite yarn store, which should be a lot of fun. It's been since November that I've had a creative learning class, so I'm really looking forward to it. And I love the work of the gal who is teaching the class - below is a piece she did for the yarn store in Alaska that is having the retreat in June.

Other than that, there was no scratching of chins or yacking of hairballs last night or this morning, so I am very relieved... now I just need to clear up my stuffy nose and we'll all be in tip top shape.

Last edited:
Let's check in with ourselves.

Good morning! I've been making pretty good choices overall -- exercising daily (well, except last Friday...), and I've been pleased with how I feel health-wise. I also like that I'm doing what I need to do even when I don't feel like it.

Success is that I just ordered some clothes online -- I'm going through my closet this weekend and will get rid of a lot of my work clothes that are way too big!

Right now, though, I am struggling. This week, I've been wavering right around 241 -- my body LOVES 250, and it seems like it's holding a death grip on the 240's. I know once I break through and see it in my rear-view mirror, I'll continue to lose, but I feel like I've been stuck here for a while -- I've been in the 240s since January 10.

To make sure I reach my goal, I'm just keepin' on keepin' on. Doing the stuff I know will get me to my goal, even if it feels icky, even if I don't feel like it. I've got meetings from Feb 25 through March 4 and am traveling, so I'll need to really focus on making good choices (and staying active).

I feel great today, had 4 days break from working out and it did me wonders. I was just busy, but actually perhaps needed the break. I am doing well towards my cooking goal too - my family are also well fed.

I actually had to look at my spreadsheet to see if I am making good choices this month! It feels like I've had many many days over calories. But when I looked, I am having more good days. I've made my step goal every day. Too many of those days were just meeting goal and nothing more. But hey, I did it.

Life is putting a bit of a kink in all our plans at the moment and I'm not terribly happy about it. I truly dislike when I can't control things! I'm trying really hard to just let go of things I can't control. I'm usually quite good at it, but it's just harder when it involves your child who is 3,000 miles away! Time to be practicing more mindfulness! I'm not so great at that. I have monkey mind and it just goes goes goes all the time. I'm looking forward to yoga tomorrow. I've really needed it this week and haven't been able to get to class.

@Oneanne inspired my Lenten practice! She's been so busy clearing out clutter that I'm going to do that, too! I have several piles of unfinished projects. For the next 40 days I'm going to do a bit of something each night. This may sound silly but tonight's big accomplishment will be to rewind and put away a couple VHS movies we have sitting out. It will also be to put away the paperwork we were using to plan out summer vacation. Looks like we will have a staycation this year. Just doing that will clear off a corner of the coffee table and we will have SUCCESS!

Grr - wth? Up 2 pounds from Monday. Sometimes I really hate the scale. I know it’s just one of many tools, but it’s a big one.

Went back to my journal, which I’m faithful to, and it really looks all right, well within my calories. So I can only assume it’s water weight. Which may be even more frustrating.

I actually had to look at my spreadsheet to see if I am making good choices this month! It feels like I've had many many days over calories. But when I looked, I am having more good days. I've made my step goal every day. Too many of those days were just meeting goal and nothing more. But hey, I did it.

Life is putting a bit of a kink in all our plans at the moment and I'm not terribly happy about it. I truly dislike when I can't control things! I'm trying really hard to just let go of things I can't control. I'm usually quite good at it, but it's just harder when it involves your child who is 3,000 miles away! Time to be practicing more mindfulness! I'm not so great at that. I have monkey mind and it just goes goes goes all the time. I'm looking forward to yoga tomorrow. I've really needed it this week and haven't been able to get to class.

@Oneanne inspired my Lenten practice! She's been so busy clearing out clutter that I'm going to do that, too! I have several piles of unfinished projects. For the next 40 days I'm going to do a bit of something each night. This may sound silly but tonight's big accomplishment will be to rewind and put away a couple VHS movies we have sitting out. It will also be to put away the paperwork we were using to plan out summer vacation. Looks like we will have a staycation this year. Just doing that will clear off a corner of the coffee table and we will have SUCCESS!
Woohoo! There is so much power in doing the little things because before you know they add up to big things!

Friday, February 16

It's been fun hanging out with the Cars crew, but now let's swim on over to visit with our friends from Finding Nemo!

tumblr_oj88pt1rdU1qgwefso1_540.gif

tumblr_oj88pt1rdU1qgwefso2_540.gif

tumblr_oj88pt1rdU1qgwefso3_540.gif

Failing to plan is planning to fail -- When it comes to food, meal planning is no exception.

Do you meal plan? If so, what's your process?
Does it keep you on track?

If not, how do you structure your daily eating on the fly?

How do you keep yourself from being a "mindless eating machine" like Bruce!? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!