To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Discussion in 'Training Journals' started by DopeyBadger, Jan 13, 2016.

1. garneska

garneska DIS Veteran

It is. About 3 store fronts down from Polite Pig towards World of Disney. I have had the eclairs and the cakes. Delicious.

This is what we did in November. You can get mini versions and Minnie versions.

7FAEE71F-BDC1-40FB-BEBF-687F6230174B.jpeg

Chocolate cake with a mouse, orange glacé layer, butter cream frosting. Excellent!

sourire, DopeyBadger and mrsg00fy like this.
  2. TCB in FLA

TCB in FLA Mouseketeer

Really enjoyed meeting you during the marathon meetup. Your recap is incredibly detailed and an enjoyable read. I get fuzzy on which mile was what as stretches just meld together, so it’s fun to experience a different perspective in your report.

I’m pretty sure we were at BOG around the same time. My first visit is probably my last as I was unwhelmed with the food.

DopeyBadger likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. maw

maw Making it up as I go

Great recap and amazing job! I really enjoyed reading.

DopeyBadger likes this.
  5. Baloo in MI

Baloo in MI DIS Veteran

Billy great race recap/trip report. I hope Gigi is feeling better. The parks are such a hard place to be when your child is sick. I just need to say that your are such an inspiration. Congratulations on such an incredible performance and being perfectly Dopey for 5 years!

DopeyBadger likes this.
  6. rootbeerkid

rootbeerkid Did I hear a young noise blast through here?

Billy,

Is it possible to like a complete thread? If so, I'd like to like this one. Thank you for taking the time to capture and share the experience.

To answer your question, with the tips and encouragement of you and others I was able to run 2:12 from corral H. There were times spent in the grass but the total mileage was only about a quarter mile greater than 13.1 and I enjoyed the race.

Thanks again.
    Bill aka Wild Willy aka Rootbeerkid.

sourire and DopeyBadger like this.
  7. canglim52

canglim52 Mouseketeer

Fantastic recap(as usual)!!

DopeyBadger likes this.
  8. DopeyBadger

DopeyBadger Imagathoner

YUM! You know we're celebrating my MIL's birthday in May, so.... ::yes::

It was a pleasure to meet you as well!

Thanks!

I certainly am as well. As time goes by things fade more and more. But when I focus on certain events, things start to come back. That's true for most of the miles except 22-26. There was really not a lot of thinking going on at that moment. Those recaps are as pure as they come.

Agreed.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Definitely better now. Poorly timed sickness, but I think we made the best of the situation. I'm just glad she was able to come at all. It was a real struggle the days before we left.

Thank you. I'm finally getting to where I always knew I could be. But something deep down inside me says there's still more to come. I'm excited to see what happens next.

Thanks!

I'm glad to see you had the experience you wanted and were able to reaffirm my feelings on the situation. Congrats on the massive PR!

Thanks!

9. opusone

opusone Imagineer Wanna Be

I have posted the final (unofficial) Dopey rankings here: #1014

Kathymford and DopeyBadger like this.
  10. DopeyBadger

DopeyBadger Imagathoner

Appreciate it very much!

opusone likes this.
  11. DopeyBadger

DopeyBadger Imagathoner

OMG, the fun fact for the day. My mom and @rteetz finished 7 seconds apart from each other and back to back. I was like uhhh, why are there two people with the same city, state? That's cause they live so close to each other.

12. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I saw that and was like holy cow thats funny!

LikelyLynae, roxymama and DopeyBadger like this.
  13. sourire

sourire Mouseketeer

Fantastic recap! Loved reading it. I’m with @Disney at Heart...G’s sweet comment was perhaps my favorite part and made me tear up just as much as the section on the marathon finish. You’ve got a great book in the making... :)
    Congratulations again on an amazing race weekend and all of your hard work and time spent coaching so many of us. We are so very lucky to have you!!!

SheHulk, TeeterTots and DopeyBadger like this.
  14. DopeyBadger

DopeyBadger Imagathoner

Thanks for reading!

She always seems to know what to say.

:D Let's be honest though. Not sure there are that many people out there that want to read my ramblings.

Thanks and congrats to you as well. It's the success of runners like you that make my hobby as a coach so easy. So, I'm lucky to have you all.

sourire and TeeterTots like this.
  15. JulieODC

JulieODC DIS Veteran

Congratulations again! I really enjoyed reading this - such dedication, such an inspiration!

Your Mom is amazing as well!

And your wife! I didn’t realize you were coaching so many - that’s such a gift.

Hope you are feeling better!

sourire and DopeyBadger like this.
  16. DopeyBadger

DopeyBadger Imagathoner

Thanks!

Pretty special!

And that's just the runners from this past weekend! It's nice to have people believe in the system and prove its worth.

Still iffy. Not really sure what's wrong but definitely still feeling off. Thankfully, it gives me an excuse to sit around the house and push out as many training plans as I can this weekend.

17. SheHulk

SheHulk Smashing runDisney events

Did you say.... You’re pushing out training plans? :scratchin

steph0808, garneska, pixarmom and 4 others like this.
  18. michigandergirl

michigandergirl DIS Veteran

Great recap and pictures. You have so much to be proud of!! It was great meeting you over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish in 2018, and looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish with your help. Thanks again for taking the time to coach so may of us!

SheHulk, sourire and DopeyBadger like this.
  19. Chaitali

Chaitali DIS Veteran

It was great reading the recap of your experience and the coaching results from marathon weekend! It sounds like a good weekend overall and I hope your daughter is feeling better :). Looking at the coaching summary, it sounds so surprising how short the longest runs were for some of the plans but it's clear they worked well. Given getting swept at mile 20 this year, I'm pretty sure I'm going to try the Disney marathon again for a redemption race in 2019. If you don't mind saving me a spot in your training schedule, I'll definitely reach out in the Summer. I'm going to work on some local halfs between now and then.

20. DopeyBadger

DopeyBadger Imagathoner

:D

Thanks!

It was a pleasure finally getting to meet you.

I'm excited for the both of us!

Thanks!

I'll be ready when you are. I think this past weekend's results reinforces to me that a max 150 min long run can work for runners of all fitness levels (3hr marathoner to 6.5hr marathoner).

mrsg00fy, sourire and Chaitali like this.
  21. roxymama

roxymama DIS Veteran

Awesome recaps! As a fellow emotional finish liner (not to mention emotional race recap reader) you got me good with those marathon photos.

Congrats to you, G, and your mom on the race victories. And I feel like Steph needs a handful of medals too because a sick lil one on vacation is a challenge in itself!

Also now I want a peanut butter sundae and cookie so thanks a lot!