To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Awesome recaps!

Thanks!

As a fellow emotional finish liner (not to mention emotional race recap reader) you got me good with those marathon photos.

:sad1:

Congrats to you, G, and your mom on the race victories.

Thanks!

And I feel like Steph needs a handful of medals too because a sick lil one on vacation is a challenge in itself!

Completely agree. And dealing with race brain people as well.

Also now I want a peanut butter sundae and cookie so thanks a lot!

:scratchin

I started skimming some of your recaps last night then realized I did not even have time to skim. Today Sean started reading aloud your Marathon recap during lunch. Because this seemed to be a meal-time activity, I came up with the idea that we take turns reading (so then we can take turns eating). This worked out good and we were able to read thru Marathon part 2 and coaching recaps. We agreed that not only did you have awesome races, but so did your trainees! We were very inspired by them!

We couldn’t figure out a Perfect title for Steph, but given G’s and my mom’s titles, she was fine with it.

I immediately said Steph is Perfectly Wife and Perfectly Mom!

Yesterday I read your review of Tratoria Al Forno breakfast. We have really enjoyed it for breakfast before the character meal and it sounds like it is still a good restaurant. We look forward to reading the rest of your race and vacation recaps to each other. :chat:

Christine

I started skimming some of your recaps last night then realized I did not even have time to skim. Today Sean started reading aloud your Marathon recap during lunch. Because this seemed to be a meal-time activity, I came up with the idea that we take turns reading (so then we can take turns eating). This worked out good and we were able to read thru Marathon part 2 and coaching recaps. We agreed that not only did you have awesome races, but so did your trainees! We were very inspired by them!

You two crack me up. Glad to know I can serve as a good lunch time story time!

I immediately said Steph is Perfectly Wife and Perfectly Mom!

She loved it!

Yesterday I read your review of Tratoria Al Forno breakfast. We have really enjoyed it for breakfast before the character meal and it sounds like it is still a good restaurant.

Still very good and already got a reservation for May.

We look forward to reading the rest of your race and vacation recaps to each other. :chat:

:lmao:

Great recap. The kids race with G is really what it's all about.

I'm giving more thought to a marathon that I ever have before. And whenever I read recaps of those who run marathons, I immediately start to question why I want to run a full. It currently doesn't help matters that I have a mild case of runners knee.

Great recap.

Thanks!

The kids race with G is really what it's all about.

::yes::

I'm giving more thought to a marathon that I ever have before. And whenever I read recaps of those who run marathons, I immediately start to question why I want to run a full. It currently doesn't help matters that I have a mild case of runners knee.

:P It's not miles 20-26 that you remember, it's mile 26.2. Take your time with the knee.

I was disappointed I didn't see you after you coached me all these months. I guess I'll have to do another race that you'll be at. I just barely missed you at the marathon pre-race meetup since the corrals opened while we were walking over from the buses.

Is it better to stop running altogether or just take it easy? This is only the second time I've felt really serious lingering soreness since I started running.

That's a personal decision. It's very individual on what you're feeling, so my suggestion is to consult with a doctor/physician about it if you feel as if it's something that needs to be looked at.

I was disappointed I didn't see you after you coached me all these months. I guess I'll have to do another race that you'll be at. I just barely missed you at the marathon pre-race meetup since the corrals opened while we were walking over from the buses.

Bummer! We both have to sign up for more races then.... :P I'm sure we'll cross paths again. Happy to see things went well for you.

This took me a while to read — going back and forth with other things I was doing yesterday, my time may have actually been longer than your cumulative Dopey time.

I should have quoted as I went, but there are so many amazing things in here that I’ll just say: wow, congrats! What a wonderful series, and way to start 2018 with a bang.

I hope the sickness has left your house!

Great recap and congratulations on an outstanding weekend! You are an inspiration and I am so glad that I found this thread. You can add me to the count of runners that you have helped in the run up to Marathon Weekend. My one regret for the weekend is that due to the weather I stayed in my car too long and never made it out to one of the pre-race meets.

This took me a while to read — going back and forth with other things I was doing yesterday, my time may have actually been longer than your cumulative Dopey time.

:lmao:

I should have quoted as I went, but there are so many amazing things in here that I’ll just say: wow, congrats! What a wonderful series, and way to start 2018 with a bang.

Thanks!

I hope the sickness has left your house!

G's good and whatever I've got seems to be dissipating.

Great recap and congratulations on an outstanding weekend!

Thanks!

You are an inspiration and I am so glad that I found this thread.

Thanks for reading and as always let me know if you've got any questions!

You can add me to the count of runners that you have helped in the run up to Marathon Weekend.

Counted! You were also under the "consulting" section, just not named.

My one regret for the weekend is that due to the weather I stayed in my car too long and never made it out to one of the pre-race meets.

Another time. I'll be back and maybe we'll cross paths again. Those pre-race meets are always so short for me anyways because I've got to head out at the drop of the rope for corral positioning. It made all the difference this year versus last.

Great recap! I especially loved your treament of G's PR. :) Hope she is feeling better. I can't imagine trying to do all you do and having such a little one at home.

Also, this makes me miss Disney races so much. Too bad FL really is so far from CA. ha.

FYI, I don’t have the money to buy the Disney Photopass photos. $200 is pretty steep and I don’t have a Annual Pass either. But there were some spectacular finish line phots throughout the weekend. So, I just took a screenshot of them.

Stopping in the middle of your recap to say that I have an AP and would be happy to pop your bib number in and send you any photos you like! (If someone else has already done this, let me know as I haven't read any comments yet.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!