To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Are you just lifting your top leg in the air and back down, kind of like a one sided scissor kick? I haven't tried these before but I'm intrigued...

You got it. The side plank from Stage 1 was with your feet side by side (but neither left the ground). In Stage 2, the feet have suddenly become stacked (thus only one foot on the ground ever). You then proceed to lift the top leg off the bottom leg. I think the combination of both of these changes makes it super challenging compared to Stage 1.

You got it. The side plank from Stage 1 was with your feet side by side (but neither left the ground). In Stage 2, the feet have suddenly become stacked (thus only one foot on the ground ever). You then proceed to lift the top leg off the bottom leg. I think the combination of both of these changes makes it super challenging compared to Stage 1.

Do you also have your arm extended up in the air, or bent and on your hip? (Obviously the arm that is not supporting you.) Just wait until you get to isometrics where you hold that leg up, ha ha. :) It always amazes me on side planks how the dominant side is such a big factor - I'm much stronger on side planks with the raised leg when I'm on my dominant side. I suppose there is still a lot of leg strength involved, and not just core.

Those Good Mornings are tough for those of us with super-tight hamstrings. It's just a bow, sure, but if your hamstrings don't like to stretch, then it turns into a bit of a curved back instead of the hip hinge.

Glad you think the core routine is helping out!

Do you also have your arm extended up in the air, or bent and on your hip? (Obviously the arm that is not supporting you.) Just wait until you get to isometrics where you hold that leg up, ha ha. :) It always amazes me on side planks how the dominant side is such a big factor - I'm much stronger on side planks with the raised leg when I'm on my dominant side. I suppose there is still a lot of leg strength involved, and not just core.

Those Good Mornings are tough for those of us with super-tight hamstrings. It's just a bow, sure, but if your hamstrings don't like to stretch, then it turns into a bit of a curved back instead of the hip hinge.

Glad you think the core routine is helping out!

Arm is bent on my side and the other arm is bent at the elbow on the ground. Definitely not prepared for something more difficult?!?! Haven't noticed one side being easier but I'll try and see tomorrow.

Interesting on the Good Mornings.

Arm is bent on my side and the other arm is bent at the elbow on the ground. Definitely not prepared for something more difficult?!?! Haven't noticed one side being easier but I'll try and see tomorrow.

Interesting on the Good Mornings.

Ah, I forgot you are doing front and side planks on the elbows. I have too many elbow issues (tennis + typing) to put my bodyweight on my elbows much. I do both types of planks on my hands. I don't know that either way is definitively easier or harder - just a bit different. It may depend on the plank variation.

I won't pry, but fun fact: I was in a bus accident when I was in second grade and still am not a fan of being on them. Although I did get 15 min of fame on my local new stations and my mom has VHS of it somewhere.
And now I commence my "oversharing" for the day!

PS and the answer to why the bow tie is that your birthday was on Dapper Day at Disney. She must have known :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts