To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

<Mr. Peanutbutter voice> What is this, a crossover episode?*

*For Bojack Horseman fans

5fe64c9b-db0d-4663-9cb8-0d343317e8ad_text.gif

Never seen it before. But most definitely a crossover!

That's so cool that you can already tell the difference in strength after a relatively short time. Have fun at Disney!

Thanks! Yea, it's been a nice confirmation variable. It was a nice trip.

Have fun with my favorite Mouse. Happy birthday G!!!

Thanks we did!

Happy birthday to a fellow Aquarius!

Thanks! Hope that means good things for the future.

Well now I'm a little depressed that I'm not doing Marathon Weekend next year...

But I'm very glad to read that you'll be there - I'm so excited for you to be back to marathoning!

Well now I'm a little depressed that I'm not doing Marathon Weekend next year...

No worries. While our paths may not cross at MW 2020, I'm positive they'll cross in the future.

But I'm very glad to read that you'll be there - I'm so excited for you to be back to marathoning!

Thanks! Continuing to push the can down the road in anticipation that this will happen. That remains to be seen.

Sweet Spot Base - Mid Volume Phase 2 - Week 6 (Recovery Week) + 80 Day Obsession Week 9 (Beginning of Phase 3)

2/11/19 - M - Townsend (90 min; 59 TSS)
2/12/19 - T - 80DO-D52-Cardio Flow
2/13/19 - W - OFF
2/14/19 - R - 80DO-D51-AAA + Beech (60 min; 46 TSS)
2/15/19 - F - 80DO-D53-Legs + Beech (60 min; 46 TSS)
2/16/19 - Sa - Andrews (90 min; 73 TSS) + 80DO-D54-Total Body Core
2/17/19 - Su - Boarstone (120 min; 98 TSS) + 80DO-D55-Cardio Core

Total Biking Time - 7:00 hours
Total Biking TSS - 321 TSS

Total 80DO Time - 4:11 hours
Total 80DO TSS - 75 TSS

Total Training Time - 11:11 hours
Total TSS - 396 TSS

Sunday

A very early morning... Up at 3:40am to get the bike ride started. It was the hardest bike ride yet with a 3x30-minute intervals at 90% FTP with with brief, 30- to 60-second intermediate recoveries during each long interval with 5-minute recoveries fall between intervals.

And then as soon as the bike ride was finished Steph and I went right into the 80DO workout. It was the last Cardio Flow of Phase 2. Everything went as well as expected.

Then we threw some food together, showered, and boarded the plane to DISNEY WORLD. We were off to celebrate G's birthday. The flight was from Madison. Got there in the mid-afternoon. We were staying at the Boardwalk for one night. We enjoyed the pool (because it was warm!), the arcade, and then had dinner at the Italian restaurant on the Boardwalk. Then off to bed.

IMG_2463.jpg

Monday

We were going to be headed to the DHS in the morning for a breakfast reservation. Originally we weren't planning to do the Disney Jr breakfast, but then we got a reservation before the park opened to hopefully give us a tiny advantage to do Slinky Dog Dash. So we planned to walk over at around 7:15am. Boardwalk had a gym while Caribbean did not. So it was my only chance to get in a cardio workout while in Disney. So I was up at 4:15am and headed towards the gym. I got on an indoor bike (Lifefitness) and started my workout. There was only one other guy in there at the time. By the time I left there were another two other people. I just loaded the bike workout on my phone and then followed along on the bike. It was just simply 90 minutes of aerobic Endurance spent between 60-70% FTP. Then I watched a movie on my iPad. The annoying part was that after 60 minutes it wanted me to go into a cooldown instead. So every minute past 60 min it dropped the workout intensity by half. It was fairly annoying, but I wasn't about to stop my workout (and no one was itching to use the device either).

IMG_2460.jpg

(not sure why the WATTS were so low after the fact)

After the workout, we made our way to DHS. Enjoyed the Disney Jr breakfast. Nothing special. G recommended they do a parade. We didn't make it out of there as soon as we had hoped (about 8:50am and the park opened at 9:00am). But the Slinky line wasn't terrible at about 45 min. Steph sprinted to go get a Jedi time for G and had to sprint back before we just got to the entrance portion of the line. I thought the ride was well themed. I liked it. G was holding her breath for most of the ride. She liked it but didn't like it. She seemed really on the fence about it.

Got off the ride and found out TSMM was down and thus the FP were exchanged. We did RnR. After we got off the ride, we checked the wait times and MK was the least so we made our way in that direction.

The walk to the buses from DHS is LONG. At least it felt that way. It took about 30-40 min before the bus finally showed.

At MK we met some of the character's at Pete's circus. Then went on the Ariel ride. Then rode the carousel. Then headed to Caribbean to check-in. Then took a Disney Minnie Van to Wilderness Lodge for the new Snow White themed dinner. Got that reservation for just 3 people about 4 days before we left for Disney. G was really worried about "The Queen" the whole time (apparently she doesn't like being called the "Evil Queen"). We got to meet Snow White, Grumpy (who gave G a hug and struggled to be Grumpy), and Dopey. Our waiter was pretty fantastic. The food was decent. I liked the apps and desserts, but none of the entrees appealed to me. So I got the prime rib and didn't like it all that much. G really didn't want to meet the queen so we didn't. It was a good birthday dinner. Then we rushed over to DHS to make G's Jedi appointment.

She had an awesome time at the Jedi experience. Probably the highlight of the trip. As soon as G got there, she found the biggest kid (probably 5'6" 12 year old) and made friends with him. She has a tendency to find the biggest person on the playground and become their best friend. The castmember that helped guide G was a saint. She seemed to have a great time with it.

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

Then off to Fantasia. Really shouldn't have sat so close to the front.... Ack, the torture of sprinkle water. Then we headed to the buses.

Tuesday

Woke up early to get the 80DO workout done. It was a Phase 3 Cardio Flow workout. It was probably harder than most other workouts in 80DO just simply because I was so tired.

Ate breakfast at Caribbean which was very meh. Then hit up the hotel as soon as it opened. That's when we ran into @Wendy98. Then stayed at the pool probably for 3ish hours. Then headed back to the hotel to clean up and then headed to Disney Springs. Ate lunch at Polite Pig. One of my favorites as always. Hit up the World of Disney store and G spent more of her money. For every book that G read before our trip she got $1. She ended up reading 85 books.... Didn't anticipate that when we made the agreement. So she had quite the wallet of money to spend on the trip. Left there and checked out some art. Went to Sprinkles but they didn't have any PB desserts.

After DS we headed to Polynesian because the Badgers basketball team was playing. We got there a tad early so we bummed around the resort. Watched the goodbye to the sun show. Ate some dole whip. Rode the monorail around in a loop. Then decided that G wasn't going to be able to sit for the game, so the three of us headed back to the hotel via monorail + MK bus system. The others actually beat us back after watching the game till halftime and then taking a Minnie Van. Watched the remainder of the game and then headed to bed.

Wednesday

Steph was exhausted, so we skipped the 80DO workout. We decided to try and do rope drop at AK to get on FOP. We had a FP for noon, but decided we could do more with our day if made it on in a reasonable time. So we planned to meet at the bus stop at 7:45am, but then Heidi saw on the app that the bus was headed our way. So we all sprinted out of the hotel and made it on the bus with moments to spare. So the bus was there 1:15 hours before the park opened (9am) not the 45 min like I thought normally. So when we made it to AK we got there around 8:05-8:10 and were only about 20-30 deep in line at the gates. Then they let us start to walk towards FOP around 8:30. It was raining which wasn't the greatest, but not terrible. We didn't have to wait too long because we were on the ride around 9:00am. Got off and G met us in the store. She bought a necklace and horse with the remainder of her money. We were going to do Navi River, but it was down and EE wasn't running because of the rain. So we said sayonra after AK only being open for 10-15 min. Saw @Wendy98 again as we headed towards the buses.

Got on a bus to EPCOT, but should have gone to an EPCOT resort because it took forever for a bus to come. Got to EPCOT and headed towards Soarin. Steph changed all of our FP and we got SE and TT. Went on Soarin. Ate some PB cake. Did Figment. Walked around the countries for food. Met Elsa/Anna. Rode SE for possibly the last time as it is now. Got a twin pearl (G has a knack for choosing the right oyster). Rode 3 Amigos. Rode TT and G was excited to beat our other car with a 225 score. She wasn't real thrilled with the ride itself. Got off TT and headed towards the monorail to head towards MK.

IMG_2543.jpg

Got to MK around 6pm. Ate some dinner (everywhere closed at 6:30-6:45pm which was CRAZY!). Rode on Aladdin. Pirates. Haunted Mansion. Then got in line for Lantern picture, but left it because they said they would be there for extra hours. Headed to Laugh Floor. They told G's Elsa joke. Buzz Lightyear (broke 450,000 I believe which was my new high). Then rode Space Mountain (my first time). Dumbo. It's a small world. They did Pooh and tea cups. Then made it back to the Lantern picture. G was so delirious by that time. We had been in the parks for nearly 14 hours by that time. She actually doesn't even remember doing it she was so out of it. Then we made our way to the exit and said goodbye. Didn't make it back to the hotel until 11pm. In bed and packed by 11:30pm.

IMG_2554.jpg

Thursday

Up at 3am....... Only 3.5 hours of sleep before it was time to get up for the not so magical express.... So tired. Got to the airport before 4:30am. Through security and at the gate by 5:00am for the 7:00am flight. Wasn't able to fall asleep on the flight, but thankfully G was able to sleep all through everything (DME, airport, and finally got up as we boarded the plane). Then home by 9am.

Then it was time to get back to the training regimen. The bike was 60 minutes of aerobic Endurance riding spent somewhere between 65-75% FTP. Then right after it was into the 80DO AAA workout.

AAA was 2 x 15 and go through all moves before going to the top but now in Phase 3 with all new moves.

Series 1: Czech Press, Front Raise, Slider Windshield Wipers, Side Lunge Hold
Series 2: Bridge Pull Over, Camel Bicep Curl, Weighted Twisted Roll Down, Marching Bridge
Series 3: Bridge Bilateral Press, Tricep Kickback in Lunge, Weighted Knee Drops, Curtsy Lunge Pulse

ETA: Also realized that the Monday gym bike workout didn't transfer the TSS over which was annoying since I was trying to keep tight records of the data. But I was able to figure out a way to transfer over an old workout that had the same TSS value but make it appear as if it occurred on Monday.

Friday

Another easy bike workout of 60 minutes of aerobic Endurance riding spent somewhere between 65-75% FTP.

Then that night was the 80DO leg workout. Again, 2x15 all the way through.

Series 1: Side to Side Squat, Alt. Weighted Squat Jump, Figure 4 Squat
Series 2: Slider Side Lunge, Half Skater Lunge Jump, Low Rocking Side Lunge
Series 3: Slide Front Diagonal Lunge, Split Squat Jump, Buddah Squat
Series 4: Sumo Double Slide-in, Sumo Cross Jump, Goblet Sumo Squat

Then I had to get ready for G's weekend parties. It was Unicorn themed. I also made her chocolate birthday cake.

Saturday

Another easy bike workout of 90 minutes of aerobic Endurance riding spent somewhere between 65-75% FTP.

Then right afterwards we moved into the 80DO Total Body Core workout. Again a 2x15.

Series 1: Surrender to Shoulder Press, Quad Ped Crawl, Burpee Sliders
Series 2: Bent Over Row Tap Back, Squat Tabletop Row, Saw on Sliders
Series 3: Modified 1/2 Turkish Push-up, Side Reach Push-up, V Crunch to Scissor Crunch
Series 4: Runner's Lunge Curl, Static Sumo Hammer Curl, Slider Crawl Out
Series 5: Tricep Push up w/ knee tuck, Squat Hold Kickbacks, Weighted Windmills

Then it was G's first birthday party with my family.

Sunday

Another easy bike workout of 2 hours of steady, aerobic Endurance spent between 65-75% FTP.

Then right afterwards we moved into the 80DO Cardio Core workout. A series of cardio HIIT moves and then a core move.

Then it was G's second party with her friends. It went well.

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2564.jpg

And here we stand on the precipice of running again. Hopefully I'll start with 30 min on Tuesday. Eek!

Next post with the remaining Disney pics!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter