to park hop or not to park hop

Great option to have, especially with longer trips. It allows flexibility. When my kidswere younger, we bypassed it. Now thatcher they are a little older, can't imagine a trip without it! Plus hopping around allows for dining reservations in other parks when you are scheduled in another park.

You already have the hopper, right? You don't have to use it just because you have it. Just stick with your plans as is. if it works out on a specific day that hopping would be convenient, go for it. I like it for hopping to a park that is open later or open earlier. Gives me flexibility - but its not worth it to me to pay extra for it as I can tweak things to stick with base tickets instead.

It really depends on how you want to tour. We would never go without park hoppers. We like the flexibility, the change of scenery, doing dinner in a different park, picking up the first bus that comes, going back to the hotel and then going to a different park, etc. If you're only getting them for the sake of being able to do dinner in another park one or two days, it's probably not for you. If you aren't married to your schedule and want the ability to change your mind or leave a park if it's too busy, then go for it.

I asked this very same question. We are going the week before you. We decided not to use the park hopper option. We got an extra day stay, for nearly the same price as the hopper (party of 6). The thing I still don't understand is how people say it's great to park hop in the morning. if you get to one Park with say EMH at 8am. By the time you make it to another park say 10am earliest, you better have FPs as it will be the most crowed time of the day at the second park??? Anyway, I already see some spots where we may miss that option. Like everything Disney, the more you can afford, the more fun you will have.
Will you have to plan what park you plan on finishing with for the evening and FP that park.

I asked this very same question. We are going the week before you. We decided not to use the park hopper option. We got an extra day stay, for nearly the same price as the hopper (party of 6). The thing I still don't understand is how people say it's great to park hop in the morning. if you get to one Park with say EMH at 8am. By the time you make it to another park say 10am earliest, you better have FPs as it will be the most crowed time of the day at the second park??? Anyway, I already see some spots where we may miss that option. Like everything Disney, the more you can afford, the more fun you will have.

But this is true of the park you start at as well. The point being, the park you hop to will generally be less crowded because it does not have the EMH crowd there. We do not hop immediately after EMH, but will make FP+ selections for our second park, usually beginning with the 11:00 am window. This gives us until noon to arrive and make our first attraction.

Again, the real benefit of hopping is in the planning and flexibility for us. We plan to go to am EMH parks and select ADR's wherever we wish in the evening. The second park is generally the one with the lowest numbers on crowd calendars.

The hopper is pretty expensive. Disney would rather you stay another day then hop since hopping can make your trip more "efficient". It is pretty costly now.

That being said:
Adult only trip? Check!
Already included in your package? Check!
Interested in trying out as much Disney Dining as possible? Check!

I don't see why not.

Generally I don't see it worth the cost if you are on a budget,but if you get them bundled in (or have them already) it is fun to use them on a few days. But trying to use them EVERY day seems exhausting.

Mainly I've used them for only two parks:
1) AK .. since it USED to always close at like 5-6 pm
2) DHS .. since that park is low (and now lower) on rides it is a fun park to sample the highlights and take a fun boat ride to Epcot for meals.

Last trip we did morning EMH at DHS, hit the rides we wanted, did Launch Bay and watched the Star Wars stage show and then hopped over to MK for a fun afternoon.

The hopper is pretty expensive. Disney would rather you stay another day then hop since hopping can make your trip more "efficient". It is pretty costly now.

That being said:
Adult only trip? Check!
Already included in your package? Check!
Interested in trying out as much Disney Dining as possible? Check!

I don't see why not.

Generally I don't see it worth the cost if you are on a budget,but if you get them bundled in (or have them already) it is fun to use them on a few days. But trying to use them EVERY day seems exhausting.

Mainly I've used them for only two parks:
1) AK .. since it USED to always close at like 5-6 pm
2) DHS .. since that park is low (and now lower) on rides it is a fun park to sample the highlights and take a fun boat ride to Epcot for meals.

Last trip we did morning EMH at DHS, hit the rides we wanted, did Launch Bay and watched the Star Wars stage show and then hopped over to MK for a fun afternoon.

I agree with this. We did HS this year and were done by lunch time so we took the boat to Epcot and finished our day there by having supper at Nine Dragons. It was nice to be able to have that flexibility. Otherwise, we probably would have just gone back to the hotel. We normally don't ever park hop on our MK days, though because we spend all day through the night there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!