To Sea or Not to Sea, That is the question: a Fall 2016 PTR (maybe)

PennyLane1084

My Pronouns are: They/Them/Theirs
Hi, I'm Kristin, you might remember me from such unfinished Trip Reports as "I love you, I know: A Star Wars Weekends Disneymoon.". This is my DH and I on our Honeymoon 2 years ago:

honeymoon.jpg

We haven't taken a long vacation since our honeymoon besides a long weekend here or there and the mouse is calling me home! This past year my company started a new policy where upon your 5th anniversary you receive an extra week of vacation. Guess who just had their 5 year anniversary (I'll give you a hint....it's me). What does one do with an extra week of vacation......something involving Disney of course! :thumbsup2

For someone like me who is incredibly indecisive, I've been tossing around a few ideas. I'm the planner of the two of us and my DH usually just goes with the flow.

First you're probably wondering what time of the year we'll be traveling? Growing up, my family went to Disney a lot when I was a kid (hence the Disney obsession). Normally my parent's would pull my brother and I out of school for a week and we would go to Disney in May during Flower and Garden. My last trip to WDW in 2013, was the week after Memorial day. Fall is my favorite time of the year and there are a lot of really awesome events going on in Orlando during this time. I'm tossing around the 1st week of October. Oh and my Birthday is in October and I can take advantage of a Birthday Button. Woooo!!

I have two ideas for my trip which a drastically different from one another.

Option #1 - Split stay between Disney and Universal

This option in involves staying here for 3 days:
POFQ.jpg

And seeing the parks like this:
MK_fall.jpg

Then I would check out of POFQ and move here for 3 days:
cabanaBay.jpg

To see this:
1WWoHPDA_8.jpg

Option #2: 4 Night Bahamian Disney Cruise

We would be sailing on:
disney dream.jpg

Sleeping here:
600-stateroom-dream.jpg

And even eating here:
Animators-Palate-02.jpg

Some Pros and Cons:

Option 1

Pros:

For our first option, the parks. I've seens the parks before but never during the fall/Halloween. There are so many great event to partake in including:
  • Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
  • Food and Wine Festival
  • Halloween Horror Nights
Also we don't have any kids yet, therefore we don't have worry about a specific time line and the parks won't be as crowded and the weather will be nicer. Nice enough to swim, I would imagine, but not god awfully hot.

Before my honeymoon I hadn't been back to Disney since 1999.

In addition to Disney, I am also a HUGE Harry Potter geek, and I really want to see Diagon Alley. I'm also a huge fan of Horror and would really like to check out Halloween Horror Night.

I also haven't been to Universal since 1999, it's practically a brand new park since I was there last, (I did one day at IoA back in 2012 to make my pilgrimage to Hogsmeade Village and Hogwarts).

Cons:
I've done the parks before, however this would be a very different experience than I've had in the past.

Option 2

Pros:

Neither me or my DH have cruised before, not just on Disney but on any cruise ship anywhere. So this would be an ENTIRELY new experience for the both of us. Recently I've been working on anxiety regarding unfamiliar situations and have been pushing myself to try new things.

Cons:
I've never cruised before, so I really don't know what to expect. Dining Rotations, Personal Navigators, Fish Extenders? This is all new to me. And what about motion sickness? What if I get sick and the whole vacation is ruined. (Remember the anxiety about unfamiliar things....yea)

The ships look absolutely beautiful and the restaurants seem amazing and family, friend and coworkers have told me I would LOVE it. I've even lurked around the DCL forum, reading trip reports to get a good feel of cruising.

So this, my fine readers is where you come in. What would you choose? Would you take a change and literally drive into uncharted waters. Boldly go where this woman has never gone before. Or experience an some old favorites in a few way?

I could pay "Disney money" and not be able to have at least some park time! But to me it's not Disney till I've walked on Main Street and seen the castle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter