To those who travel solo - am I paranoid or do you do this too?

To those of you who move chairs or tables in front of the door when travelling alione and staying in an "outside entrance" room...I get a travel accessory catalog called Magellan's that has all kinds of safety items for travellers, one of which is a wedge type door stop which you place under your door on the inside when you're in there, which sounds a loud, pioercing alarm if anyone tries to move or open the door.

I imagine you can go to www.magellan.com to get a copy of the catalog, or check out the website.

I couldn't find the e-mail in my archive on the fire safety tips, but I did print a hard copy for myself. I can scan it and send it to anyone that's interested. Just let me know!

Kristin

I always leave a travel itinerary (flight #'s, etc) with my mother before a trip. Once I am there (although it may be a few days later, I will call my mother and let her know my room number and phone number. My coworkers usually know where I am going on my vacation, but that's it. I am able to check my voicemail using an 800#, so if there was a disaster at work (which has happened the past two years :( ), they leave me a message and I check them when in the parks. I must have looked pretty funny arguing with a client over the phone in the middle of Fantasyland.

As for security, I normally just lock the bolts on the door and make sure all the windows are locked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts