To Tour or not to tour...

jerseydizdreamer

Mouseketeer
... that is the question I put before the experts today.

I've been to Disney numerous times, and love everything about it. Not to mention read everything about it! This time, I'm thinking about taking one of the tours, but haven't really decided which one (if any) would be best. I know this is one of those highly indivudalized things, but I figured I'd gather a few opinions. If you've taken several tours, which were the best? Which offered the most for someone who knows Disney pretty well... you know, how plans everyone else's trips for them, reads the boards and loves answering questions posted by others... doesn't know it all, but has a pretty fair knowledge of the basics. I'd probably be more insterested in behind the scenes stuff, although even that's up in the air! Can you spell "indecisive?" I can... and it's spelled

R-I-C-H-A-R-D

I've never done a tour but I hear that Keys to the Kingdom is great. That would be the one that I would take if I ever get to do one. :D Heres a link to some info found here on the Dis about the tours too. Hope it helps.
Behind the Scenes Tours

I would highly recommend taking any of the backstage tours, even if you do consider yourself experienced. I think the one tour I would consider not going on if you're already pretty knowledgeable about WDW, would be the Keys to the Kingdom tour, unless you just want to see the Utilidors.
I think the best backstage tours are at Epcot and Animal Kingdom. The Undiscovered Future World tour is excellent! You get to go behind the scenes in the Living Seas VIP sponsor lounge and get up close and personal with the dinosaurs at Universe of Energy, among other things. Another great tour is the Backstage Safari at the AK. This tour takes place completely backstage and gives a unique look at what it takes to keep this theme park operating. Another great tour if you don't want to go backstage at the AK is Wild by Design, which talks about some of the 'hidden' features and stories behind the making of the Animal Kingdom.
Whichever tour you decide on, don't do any of the outside tour when it is really hot, because it wipes you out for the rest of the day or longer! There are various discounts available on the tours and there are different age restrictions. Here's another site with tour descriptions: WDW Tours
Have fun!

I started with Backstage Magic about 2 years ago and have done 7 more since. Doing my 9th in Dec. I love them, always make sure to do one each trip. If you are really looking to get immersed, do BSM. Expensive, but as said in the links, discounts help. I truly enjoy them and think they are great for any Disney nut. James pretty much covered anything I would add.

I would highly recommend the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We did the tour July 2002. We are familiar with MK, but you are able to learn fun information about construction and the history of the park. Also you get interesting information about the company itself. We were lucky to have a wonderful tour guide. Backstage is neat to see also. We were able to inspect the parade floats. We learned that all of the floats at that time had "Hidden Walts." Also seeing the utiladors was interesting. This tour is not for children under the age of 16, and we did see a few characters without their heads.

;)

I did the Keys tour back in 2001 & loved it. I have been to WDW many times, but like the previous poster said, I learned things about the park I did not know on this tour. I am thinking about doing it again this October, but only if I can get on the tour with a certain guide (a freind of mine is now a TG for this tour).

Whatever one you choose, I am sure you will love. They are worth it!

If you have the time(seven hours) and the money ($199 + tax per person) then I highly recommend the backstage magic tour.
IMO no matter how much you think you know about Disney, this tour will give you so much more. :)

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We've taken several tours over the years, and have to agree that the Backstage Magic Tour is really great, and definitely worth the time and $$$. Another great tour, if you are into trains at all (which my DH is a huge fan of!) is the MK Steam Train tour. You even get to go back into the roundhouse. As a non-train person myself, I found it very interesting and would recommend it highly to everyone.

Good luck and enjoy whichever tour you decide on!

I second the votes for the two tours at AK. We've done them both and loved them. Paul was our tour guide, and he is great. Lots of interesting stuff to learn and he is very knowledgeable about the park.
Haven't done any of the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter