Today in History...February 25th..Its Mr. Magoo day!!!!

Patrick IL.

Dis Poster
Mr. Magoo was born on this day in 1913 ... well, not really. It’s the birthday of Mr. Magoo’s voice, actor Jim Backus. The actor, who bore no resemblance to the extremely nearsighted, Rutgers College pennant-waving, elderly Magoo, brought him to life once John Hubley created him in 1949. Backus’ raspy, Mr. Magoo voice is immediately recognizable to ’toon aficionados the world over.
magoo-1.gif

1940 - The first televised hockey game was broadcast. The New York Rangers beat the Montreal Canadiens 6-2 at Madison Square Garden.

1986 - Phillippino President 1986 - Phillippino President Ferdinand E. Marcos fled the Philippines after 20 years of rule after a tainted election.

ferdie.gif

1991 - During the Persian Gulf War, 28 Americans were killed when an Iraqi Scud missile hit a U.S. barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. :(

Have a nice day :)

I love Mr. Magoo! He is one of my all time favorite cartoon characters. :p

Anyone remember this?

When I was young, there were hardly any Christmas specials on TV. The one we loved the most was "A Christmas Carol" with Mr Magoo!!!

Thanks, Patrick

<embed src=http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Mr_Magoo/doneit.wav hidden=true autostart=true>

Thank You Patrick! :):)

Yes d. Kurz The Magoo Christmas Carol was great!

I dunno, I think that Thurston Howell the III(Gilligan's Island) looks alot like Mr. Magoo. I used to love that cartton as a kid :) d. kurz I remember that one...is it on video???

I rememebr the closet of shoes Marcos' wife had!!! :eek:

Thanks Sir Patrick :)

Wow thanks Dorothy!!!!
I may just get it :) :)

I think my kids would get a kick out of it :)

Loved him both as Mr. Magoo and Thurston Howell III:D :D Love the audio!!

Good stuff! Thanks, Patrick....:D

I love the sound, Patrick! Always loved Mr. Magoo.

Thanks for doing this, Patrick.

ok, I am the proud owner of the Mr Magoo christmas tape...see what things you learn on the DIS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter