Today in History . . .

Deb in IA

Knows that KIDS are better
On August 2, 1876, frontiersman ''Wild Bill'' Hickok was shot and killed while playing poker at a saloon in Deadwood, S.D.
- Extra credit: What was the hand he was holding? Hint: It is called the "dead man's hand" . . .

On August 2, 1921, a jury in Chicago acquitted several former members of the Chicago White Sox baseball team and two others of conspiring to defraud the public in the notorious ``Black Sox'' scandal.
"Say it ain't so, Joe!!"

On August 2, 1943, a Navy patrol torpedo boat, PT-109, commanded by Lt. John F. Kennedy, sank after being sheared in two by a Japanese destroyer off the Solomon Islands. Kennedy was credited with saving members of the crew.

On August 2, 2000, Republicans nominated Texas Gov. George W. Bush for president and Dick Cheney for vice president at the party's convention in Philadelphia.

Thanks for posting.

ACES and EIGHTS would be the dead mans hand I believe.

Have a great weekend Deb.

Also another important event happened on this date in 1990. Iraq invaded Kuwait seizing control of the oil-rich emirate. (only to be kicked out by an operation know as Desert Storm a short while later.)

Adam aka Big Dude

Thanks Deb, Eight Men Out is one of my son's favorite baseball movies.

Originally posted by Deb in IA

On August 2, 2000, Republicans nominated Texas Gov. George W. Bush for president and Dick Cheney for vice president at the party's convention in Philadelphia.

Hopefully we can put these clowns out to pasture in 2004!!!!!

Thanks, DEB;) ;) .......

Hopefully we can put these clowns out to pasture in 2004!!!!!

Why, I have to agree with my friend EROS on this one! I can't believe how much him and I are alike! Almost like twins! Pretty scary huh?

;) ;) ;) :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Bill (Slick Willie) Clinton

Did someone mention clowns?

And which one would Slick Willy be?

Maybe he's the one up front, dead center;

killerklowns.jpg

lol....this post is getting weird....lol

Thanks Deb!!!

lol....this post is getting weird....lol

Thanks Deb!!!

Wow this thread has taken a very strange turn:teeth:

Thanks for the infi Deb and have a great weekend:)

Poor Deb, looks like her thread got hijacked :(

Very interesting history lesson today, Deb, thanks for doing this for us :)

Well I am hesitant to post since this thread may get more off-topic responses but I had to risk it because I just wanted to thank Deb for another great history lesson. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!