Today in History . . .

Deb in IA

Knows that KIDS are better
On August 23, 1927, Italian-born anarchists Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were executed in Boston for the murders of two men during a 1920 robbery.

On August 23, 1939, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union signed a non-aggression treaty.Didn't last very long, did it?

On August 23, 1989, in a case that inflamed racial tensions in New York City, Yusuf Hawkins, a black teen-ager, was shot dead after he and his friends were confronted by white youths in a Brooklyn neighborhood.

On August 23, 2000, an estimated 51 million viewers tuned in for the finale of CBS' reality series ''Survivor'' in which contestant Richard Hatch won the $1 million prize.

I was one of the millions watching Survivor...LOL

Thanks!

Thansk Deb..interesting as usual....I can't believe that many people tuned into Survivor...and I wasn't one of them

Thanks, DEB:D . Fortunately, we don't have capital punishment anymore in Mass............

Very interesting. Thanks for doing this, Deb :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter