Today is the Day I've Been Waiting Over a Month For...

TwinMom7

Proud Mom of a United States Marine
Today is our Family Support Day for our Marine unit that left on January 25th...almost two months ago.

Our Marines prepared a video for the families and it's finally made it's way here from Kuwait and we get to see it today. We'll finally get to see their faces and here their voices....I can hardly wait. :bounce:

...and, my son sent two rolls of film in a box that his best friend was sending to his wife (in Indianapolis). She emailed me on Thursday to tell me that she had received the box! She was on her way to develop all of the film and she's bringing me my photos today!!!

I'll try and scan some of the better ones and post them here in the next few days.

The video and the pictures are probably a month old, but they are still my only connection to my son and that part of the world for now.
I'm counting down the hours until I see his face...even if it's only on screen and in a photograph!:D

That is absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to see the pictures. Thank you for sharing your family's story with us. Although I haven't posted before, I have been following and have shared his letters with a couple of my dear coworkers and they are in awe also.

I completely understand! I savored the pictures I developed from the rolls DH sent in 91. I looked at them over and over and studied every detail in those pictures. He also sent cassette tapes he recorded for me of things that were happening and noises of war. Also some funny interviews of his driver etc :p ! Enjoy enjoy!:D

Have a wonderful day!! I'm sure it will be something to treasure.

How wonderful that today you will feel more connected with your precious son. I can't even imagine how much you miss him. Just know that we are all thinking of you & praying for not only Bobby but you & your family. (I'm praying for Nick too!) You have made your Marine very real to us & somehow we are all connected now.

So please, let us see the new pictures of "our" Bobby!

I'm sure today will be bittersweet for you too viewing the video. Make sure to bring plenty of kleenex. Please give us an update when you can.

Truckloads of hugs for you!

I am so excited for you!! This has to be so needed right now!! Have a great day, and tell all the family members that we are praying for them and the troops!

Melanie

How wonderful for you....enjoy it all!!!

That is wonderful, Patty, enjoy the day. And very much loking forward to sharing more with you through your pictures.

Enjoy the day! It will be even better sharing it with other families who completely understand!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be waiting for you to get back with photos. :)

Enjoy your day! Looking forward in seeing the pics.

Can't wait to see some more photos of our DIS-Marine! Have a great time watching the video!

That is wonderful!! I hope you all enjoy the day. I can't wait to see the pictures that you will have to share with us :)

What a wonderful day. I can only imagine how excited you must be. I'm looking forward to seeing his photos.

Have a great day Twinmom7!!! My DH was deployed right after Sep 11th, so I remember how important days like today are!

Bless your son for what he is doing!

Have a great day, Patty! :D

That is so exciting. Enjoy every minute of today......and post pictures when you can :)

Patty- How was your day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter