today IS the day

I want pictures, bullet points, opinions on the menus .....

Ya know, just the whole nine yards of a typical Rusty Review.

I predict a worldwide shortage of popcorn very soon. popcorn::

Bama Ed

Last edited:

>:( ...…….No more popcorn!! But still following along :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Steve

The DDs are anxiously waiting for full report.

I bet he tears the eateries to pieces.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge:
We arrived and only spent a total of 1-1/2 hrs in "The Galaxy" (did not deserve more)
1) Quick Service Eateries
. . . The food choices-quality-prices were FAR BETTER than I had anticipated.
. . . Far Better!
. . . DEFINITELY NOT the typical Disney food selections.
. . . Some of the selections beat out several higher priced WDW Table Service eateries
. . . The sandwiches and wraps were creative and worth a full meal (big size, good taste, nice-price).
. . . If visiting Hollywood Studios, save room for the Galaxy's Edge Quick Service
. . . Might be your best meal choices of Hollywood Studios,
. . . A disappointing snack was the Kettle Corn (bland tasting, highly overpriced)
. . . The Milk Stand was a clever idea for the different colored milk ideas
. . . We did try some of the adult beverages - Clever ideas, but missed the mark for taste
. . . Individual ratings will be written later, but no disappointments
2) Table Service: Oga's Cantina
. . . Pleasant TS surroundings
. . . The menu was varied for suitable all-or-any taste(s)
. . . We were provided sample-size and bite-size tastings of the food items
. . . Were satisfied with the taste and quality, but would actually prefer to do Quick Service
3) The Galaxy (photos later this weekend)
. . . Nicely themed and creative designs, and yes, just like the movie planets
. . . With a little imagination, you could think yourself as a "Traveler" (CM's addressed you as this)
. . . CM costumes were clever, just like characters in the later movies
. . . There were LOTS of setups in corners to add atmosphere (think: Original Magic Kingdom "touches")
. . . The ONLY ride open until late this year is Falcon
. . . Other than the one ride, park had souvenir shops and snack places
. . . The Marketplace souvenir area was like walking through a foreign bazaar
. . . We shopped for unique Star Wars Christmas gifts for others
. . . We found CHEAP-CHEESY-CLUNKY items and toys
. . . I expected a better quality level than we could buy at Star Tours
. . . We could have made a custom light saber (for $200), or a cloak (for $125)
4) Millennium Falcon (The Spaceship)
. . . The Millennium Falcon spaceship was designed well, and suitable for LOTS of exterior photos
. . . Many small touches, as if it could really fly, and was just docked there for a short time
. . . It is just there for atmosphere, as you don't really go on it or go into it
5) Millennium Falcon (The Ride)
. . . A major disappointment, no wonder there is only a short wait-time at Disneyland for the ride
. . . The BBC wrote that Teacups and Pirates of Caribbean had longer Disneyland wait-times
. . . You walk FAR-FAR-AWAY through the queue line (it is designed for up to a 3-1/2 wait-time)
. . . The inside queue line is air conditioned, so a pleasant and cool surprise
. . . Six of you enter your own craft (2-pilots, 4-engineers)
. . . 1-pilot controls up/down, 1-pilot controls let/right spaceship directions
. . . 4-Engineers fire weapons by pressing various buttons as they light ("Whack-A-Mole" type responses)
. . . Lots of jolting and jostling - bad backs be extremely careful about riding
. . . Exterior craft graphics and space scenery were better than Star Tours, but just by a little bit
. . . Overall, do Star Tours and let the crowds wait (forever) in Falcon queue
. . . We literally "walked-on" the ride with ZERO wait-time during this CM preview
. . . If we had to wait for the ride, I would be upset, but our walk-on admission made it worthwhile
. . . In the DISTANT future, if bored, I would revisit the ride.
6) Summary
. . . The most ardent Star Wars Fans will not be overly impressed - a let down after all the hype
. . . The Galaxy had many frequent old-style cute "Disney Touches" waiting to be noticed
. . . It was nice (again, finally) to see a park filled with little exhibits around every corner
. . . The Falcon ride would not be worth a wait (at least for us, and I am a big Star Wars fan)
. . . The menus were a nice surprise - as much thought went into designing the food as designing the park
. . . For food, I would grab a quick bite at Trolley Car Cafe, and later sample Galaxy Quick Service
. . . For food, your stomach and wallet will both be pleased by such a Quick Service routine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!