today IS the day

How is the queue for someone in a wheelchair?

We used the FP queue for FOP twice and said never again. Just too hard to get into the building.

Sad to hear your thoughts on the ride. Especially since some say of course disney has to raise prices, look at the great rides they are doing.

Thanks for your honest review. It saves us from getting tangled up in the chaos of a visit for a while. I was already thinking we should wait but you confirmed my inclination.

Last edited:
The most ardent Star Wars Fans will not be overly impressed - a let down after all the hype
Wow-as a Star Wars fan, and you are too, appreciate your impression. But at least now with your report it takes some of the pressure off. Still looking forward to experiencing it but it sounds like after the initial push the crowds will thin out pretty quick. If it's no big whoop that word gets around real fast. DL gave us some big clues as to what to expect, or not, and they seem to be right on target. Thanks for being honest and forthcoming with your review. Have we become jaded? I think not, just real and expected more from the Disney generated hype. Even Disney can become a victim of overselling. The fans will decide. Love the report!

Thank you so much for your honest review! I get so tired of people wearing rose-colored glasses when it comes to Disney. Thanks to your report, we will go with realistic expectations.... and be much less disappointed than we would have been otherwise.

#Not renewing my Annual Pass next year!

Appreciate the honest review. We will still be looking forward to enjoying the area, for photographing.

I will agree with everyone else. It will take the pressure off. I watched the ride on line and didnt think it was much diffrent from other rides of its ilk, just star wars themed. As my daughter is more inclined to go to TSL. I can be contented that a browse through the area, some pictures and a bite to eat will be my best bet. Now my planing got eaisier. Thanks!

Thanks Scupper,
I am certain that SOME folks will VIOLENTLY disagree with y comments, but I am trying to give an honest appraisal for guests trying to schedule Galaxy visits. Sorry about my reviews, but "I call them as I see them.".
And it is much appreciated. I'm surprised but glad to hear Disney may of finally introduced food worth buying at QS stop.

We thank you for being honest. I am not a Star War fan, but my son is. They are going in Oct. 2020. Our DIL is a teacher, the reason for the delay. Some kind of school break will give them more time @ Star Wars.

It's great that they spend time and money on theming, but they should have at least 3 attractions and at least one should be a blockbuster. It really shows that they're concentrating on maximizing merchandise and food sales on these highly themed new areas.

I am a die hard Star Wars fan, since 76. I just want to say something that a lot of people are overlooking. The flagship ride of the new land isn't open, and won't be open until later. Ride of the Resistance, the new state of the art ride, is not opening with the land. That is huge. Would Pandora, at Animal Kingdom, be as awesome without Flight of Passage? I mean, Pandora is awesome, but, Navi river cruise as it's only ride? No. I am a passholder, I can go whenever. I just don't want to wait in line to see something half finished.

I am a die hard Star Wars fan, since 76. I just want to say something that a lot of people are overlooking. The flagship ride of the new land isn't open, and won't be open until later. Ride of the Resistance, the new state of the art ride, is not opening with the land. That is huge. Would Pandora, at Animal Kingdom, be as awesome without Flight of Passage? I mean, Pandora is awesome, but, Navi river cruise as it's only ride? No. I am a passholder, I can go whenever. I just don't want to wait in line to see something half finished.
You have a good point, but the review was as it stands now, and opening, not what it will be in the future.

Scupper thank you for your insightful and informative review We are looking forward to you photos and expanded food reviews. Hope your recovery and retirement are both going well

Thanks for the review.

. . . Nicely themed and creative designs, and yes, just like the movie planets
. . . With a little imagination, you could think yourself as a "Traveler" (CM's addressed you as this)
. . . CM costumes were clever, just like characters in the later movies
. . . There were LOTS of setups in corners to add atmosphere (think: Original Magic Kingdom "touches")

I'm taking this and focusing on it. I was hoping they would put forth effort to create a Star Wars "experience" to the level they did Pandora.

I just wish they had made the Falcon a Swiss Family Robinson Tree House type attraction. I would have loved a walk trough tour, to see the smuggling compartments, the chess table, look into the cockpit, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter