TODAY, March 20th 2018 is the last day for Free Parking!!

Has anyone made a new reservation today? Curious if the parking fees are being added at booking, or if it will be applied at check in.

I just priced out a summer package for kicks and I didn't see anything about the parking fee. Maybe I wasn't looking closely enough.

Thank you. It was going smoothly online until I hit Check Out, then I got the "We are unable to update at this time" warning. I'll try again before calling.
Don't bother calling. I was pricing out the new promo, since the current AP rate ends when begins, and saw a message that they are currently unable to book any reservations online or on the phone at this time.
So, if you can make the change to that point online I'm sure once they finish their latest enhancement you'll be able to finish the check out

All to save a few bucks for parking? Pennies in the total of a Disney trip. Hardly worth all that trouble. Plus, what about the money you are tying up for years for those later trips? What point in that to save on parking? I am just not seeing why you'd pay $200 (or whatever) for a room today that you won't use for 2021, just so you don't pay parking on that stay. Am I the only one that is left shaking my head at that one?

I am baffled by this as well.

So you are giving WDW several zero interest loans for multiple trip dates in the distant future in order to save a few dollars on parking????

This is one of the reasons we don't like any of the dining plans. I refuse to give Disney an interest free loan for food I won't be eating for MONTHS. We only pay the minimum deposit required before arriving at WDW.

Has anyone made a new reservation today? Curious if the parking fees are being added at booking, or if it will be applied at check in.

I just priced out a summer package for kicks and I didn't see anything about the parking fee. Maybe I wasn't looking closely enough.

They are supposed to be applied at checkout
Has to be applied at check out. Impossible to do it any other way, there is no way to know if the guest would have a car when you book a reservation.

I am baffled by this as well.

So you are giving WDW several zero interest loans for multiple trip dates in the distant future in order to save a few dollars on parking????

This is one of the reasons we don't like any of the dining plans. I refuse to give Disney an interest free loan for food I won't be eating for MONTHS. We only pay the minimum deposit required before arriving at WDW.
I want to try to reduce some of the economic confusion regarding making reservations in advance.

1. All my bills are paid in full each month. We have no credit card debt.
2. If I were to set aside, let's say, 175 dollars in a one or 2 year CD, I may get about 1.5 to 2% interest. At 2% for 2 years of sitting, I would make $7.07 in interest.
3. If I decide to use my reservation and expand it to a 6 night stay at a Value resort, I will save $72 in parking fees.
4. I am willing to "pay" 7 dollars to save 72 dollars 24 months from now.
5. And we are not even sure the fee will be 13 dollars 2 years from now..............it might become 15 or 17 dollars a night by then.

Obviously if I have credit card debt at a high percentage rate, my savings may be wiped out........and I would not do it.

Has to be applied at check out. Impossible to do it any other way, there is no way to know if the guest would have a car when you book a reservation.

I was wondering about that. Won't ever apply to me, so I didn't try toooo hard :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter