Toddlers and splash pads - favorite accessories?

Gingerfun1

Mouseketeer
Hi all - we'll be traveling this spring with my two toddlers. Any prayers and good karma for smooth travel are welcome please :)

Our resort has a cool splash pad for small kiddos. What do other parents bring for their kids to use? Floaties? Life vests? Some other magical water flotation device I've never heard of?

I promise if I see big kids misbehaving, I'll go to a lifeguard before talking to them 😜 (ETA: i'm joking about another thread, sarcasm font is on)

Last edited:
For the splash pad, I don't think we used anything, she was still a little small to actual climb in the structures, she really just splashed...

You don't have to bring anything, which is awesome! The splash pad itself you won't need anything, IMO, but in the regular pool (and you could use it at the splash pad if you wanted) they have life jackets.

Splash pads are awesome but my toddlers always wanted in the pool eventually. If you have some ace, i always preferred our own life jackets ( the cool toddler ones with attached arm floaties that are coast guard approved) they are not as bulky as the ones provided. My kids always loved pool toys too even as toddlers. Prayers and good karma with a little pixie dust coming your way!!!

My DS11 (when he was a toddler) and also my DD2 love the squishy balls. You throw them they splat go under and pop back up. DD loves sinking these at the poly splash pad in the deeper section and watching them pop up out if the water. She also loves her sand buckets in the water. I always bring our own life vests or puddle jumper. Have a great time!

Splash pads are awesome but my toddlers always wanted in the pool eventually. If you have some ace, i always preferred our own life jackets ( the cool toddler ones with attached arm floaties that are coast guard approved) they are not as bulky as the ones provided. My kids always loved pool toys too even as toddlers. Prayers and good karma with a little pixie dust coming your way!!!
Thank you!!

My DS11 (when he was a toddler) and also my DD2 love the squishy balls. You throw them they splat go under and pop back up. DD loves sinking these at the poly splash pad in the deeper section and watching them pop up out if the water. She also loves her sand buckets in the water. I always bring our own life vests or puddle jumper. Have a great time!
Awesome - I will definitely look those up! Appreciate the suggestion :)

When my kids were little they loved plastic cups..
We would spend money on beach toys to play with at the pool and they wanted my cup.
Last year we went to Dollar tree near our resort.
The kids picked up cheap floaties and toys to play with at the hotel as well as ziplocks and other things needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter