Tokyo Disney hotel payment method

nyck

Mouseketeer
Can I book a room online and pay in yen when I get there? I mainly use my debit cards and have read that they don't use those for bill of sale transactions.

We didn't stay at a Tokyo Disney resort, but we did stay at a Good Neighbor hotel in Tokyo and another hotel near Disney. For both (and actually all the hotels we've stayed at in Japan), we booked online (we've had the best luck with booking.com) and secured the reservation with our credit card. Our same credit card was charged when we checked in. I think a Visa debit card would work the same, as long as you don't input a PIN when you use it.

That being said, it is a very good idea to have yen on you. Japan is a very cash-based society. Many places don't accept credit cards (large department stores and things generally do, though.)

Thank you
We didn't stay at a Tokyo Disney resort, but we did stay at a Good Neighbor hotel in Tokyo and another hotel near Disney. For both (and actually all the hotels we've stayed at in Japan), we booked online (we've had the best luck with booking.com) and secured the reservation with our credit card. Our same credit card was charged when we checked in. I think a Visa debit card would work the same, as long as you don't input a PIN when you use it.

That being said, it is a very good idea to have yen on you. Japan is a very cash-based society. Many places don't accept credit cards (large department stores and things generally do, though.)

Thank you for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter