Tokyo Disney on 2 Weeks’ Notice: Hightower Halloween Costume!

I am so glad I found your TR!!! DH and I just decided that we're going to Japan in 2012. Saving up NOW! :eek: THANK YOU for your info and pictures! I have NEVER been out of the US- this has made me feel better!!!! :worship:

Having folks recognize him must have made growing that epic moo-stache so worthwhile! I cannot get over how awesome your costumes are! I'm glad they'll be making a appearance at DL!

Looking forward to your next trippie (and the completions of the Holiday Bay Tower of TERROR--if I'm remembering that correctly...).

Like I said before...amazing pictures!

Thank you, The Roots! :love:

I did! I broke down and bought one after we took our picture with him on our last day in the park. I even bought two outfits. I am such a sucker!

Hee hee hee! I must confess, the temptation was strong for me too! It was the dang serape they had for his Mexico costume—soooo colorful! Sooooo not worth 16 bucks! :rotfl:

...interior shots of the hotel where u stayed....and THAT TOILET:lmao:.

.....hhmmmmmm....suppose our local area Walmart sells one?:lmao:.

Now if I could only have that in my master bathroom and then the Vista Spa (from the Disney Wonder) heated recliner in my living room - then I would be in business!:cloud9:

Sounds divine! You know, you can buy Toto Washlets on Amazon now! We would totally do it if our stoopid ancient toilet were the right size...

WOW, wow, and MORE wow.

I have been reading along over the past few months, just totally in love with all the great photos and, as with everyone else, feel like I could make a trip to Disneyland Tokyo after reading your TR!! I learned so much... Crazy story about the train :scared1: Loved all the cherry blossom pics... Both parks are amazing. The food pics were so much fun to look at! Oh, but the urinals, yeah, gee -- quite a view!!! :laughing: WHAT a haul for souveniers, but I guess if you go that far!!! :thumbsup2

I love that you got to meet Christine (2xcited2sleep) this past week, and went to MNSSHP! :goodvibes I am flying to Disneyland myself this Friday! Alas, we won't be in any condition to hit the parks friday -- I hope you enjoy the halloween party! We are going to be at DCA and Disneyland the 30th and 31st to experience Halloween -- it will be absolute madness I am sure, but we are looking forward to going!

Totally cool costumes!! YOU make a great "Hatchet"!!!!! :laughing:

Thanks for always sharing your trips. A Lurkyloo PTR and TR never disappoints!

Thanks for your kind words! :cloud9: I hope you had a great time at Disneyland—I guess we didn't run into each other... As with the MK party, Disneyland's was was more crowded than I expected for a so-called "private" event. But the last hour was nice!

Wow again! Love your costumes, and the pic with the castle is great! That is so :rotfl2:about the Japanese tourists!

I wish I had been there to see it! Jensey and I sent Nate and Patrick off to ride Winnie the Pooh (yes. Two guys. For reals.) and then heard the funny story when they got back...

All caught up on your last day, and I have one question... How does the Wind taste?

It tastes like the magical happy of love spring joy... :lmao:

Those costumes...Totally Awesome!! That may have been the first time Mr. Hightower ever stepped foot in WDW!!

Totally! Now we're dying to set foot in Tokyo Disney in character and see what happens...

So you like Cat's?

Our Queen has an official birthday as well.

That is a truely awesome amount of loot.

How cool that a Janpanese tourist wanted a photo with Patrick.

Very sad that I missed you in Orlando, if only the meet wasn't when I was at Le Cellier.

Well if you were at Le Cellier, the omission is completely understandable. :rotfl:

I am so glad I found your TR!!! DH and I just decided that we're going to Japan in 2012. Saving up NOW! :eek: THANK YOU for your info and pictures! I have NEVER been out of the US- this has made me feel better!!!! :worship:

Hooray! Japan is the perfect place for your first trip out of the US because it's like the Disney version of the world: Clean, friendly, and well-run!

Having folks recognize him must have made growing that epic moo-stache so worthwhile! I cannot get over how awesome your costumes are! I'm glad they'll be making a appearance at DL!

Looking forward to your next trippie (and the completions of the Holiday Bay Tower of TERROR--if I'm remembering that correctly...).

Yer keepin' me honest, ATG! :rotfl: Yes, I am totally going to finish Holiday at Bay Lake Tower of Terror. I even put it on my website so it's all in one place:

http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/a-very-lurky-christmas/

But, I'm also foolishly starting my Halloween trip report too! Read on...

And now...

Trick or Tweet! The Lurkyloos Do Epcot's Food & Wine Festival, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, D23's Sip & Stroll and Halloween Parties at Walt Disney World and Disneyland!

OK, so, even though I am about to start updating my Christmas trip report again, I have started my Halloween trip report as a kind of placeholder and way to keep me on the ball about finishing it.

You can either read it on the DIS or on my website:

DIS Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2589755

Website Link: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/halloween-trip/

You can read my Christmas report the same two ways:

DIS Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34861212

Website Link: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/a-very-lurky-christmas/

Now I'd better go warm up those typing fingers...!!! :scared: :rotfl2:

Code:
Hee hee hee! I must confess, the temptation was strong for me too! It was the dang serape they had for his Mexico costume—soooo colorful! Sooooo not worth 16 bucks!

I bought the baseball outfit and the German outfit. Duffy can't go around naked! I can't believe you are already starting the next trip report. I feel like a slacker since I need to work on mine!

DSC05307.jpg

I am jumping on board, been reading your report but not completely done yet. However I had to comment when I saw the above picture and gardens. So crazy, I have a picture of that same tree. What is even stranger to me is the difference in that garden based on the time of year. When I saw it in the month of July it was at full bloom and full of amazing colors.

I also stayed in Roppongi and am so familar with the spider sculpture :).

I MADE it through your report! Oh man! It was great!!

I am happy you got to go! That place was where my DH asked me to marry him when we lived there 3 years ago. I was lucky to live in Japan for a total of 6 years. Wow your report was really good! In the 6 years I lived there you saw way more stuff in Tokyo than I never did. I live near Tokyo for 4 years as a teenager and then went back for 2 years and lived Aomori in northern Japan.

Two thinks! I wanted to explain the Tommy Lee Jones Boss coffee. Not sure if anyone else beat me to the punch or not. I'm not the best speaker of Japanese but I can get by pretty well. Anyways Tommy is alien that is trying to fit in with humans, and he is constantly trying out different jobs to fit in correctly but he looks so weird that people think he isn't just a foreigner.

And you were correct to call the OctoBalls that name. The real name in Japanese is Takoyaki which means fried Octopus Balls, pretty much. It's kind of like Yakitori. I actually can't stand the taste but DH ate them all the time when we went to festivals. I wish you report could last forever! Haha!

It took 4 weeks worth of lunch breaks and an extra hour today but I have read through this entire report...

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful account of the vacation of my dreams!

And now...

Trick or Tweet! The Lurkyloos Do Epcot's Food & Wine Festival, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, D23's Sip & Stroll and Halloween Parties at Walt Disney World and Disneyland!

OK, so, even though I am about to start updating my Christmas trip report again, I have started my Halloween trip report as a kind of placeholder and way to keep me on the ball about finishing it.

You can either read it on the DIS or on my website:

DIS Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2589755

Website Link: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/halloween-trip/

You can read my Christmas report the same two ways:

DIS Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34861212

Website Link: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/a-very-lurky-christmas/

Now I'd better go warm up those typing fingers...!!! :scared: :rotfl2:

Oh I didn't realise you started your halloween one!

I just wanted to thank you so much for your trip report! I just got back from my Tokyo Trip and your advice/info was great!!

I'm starting my own TR if your interested in following along :goodvibes

Thanks again for an awesome report!!

I haven't had much time for posting but I have been reading along all the reports....just wanna wish you and Patrick a Happy Holiday Season! May there be lots of peanut butter flavored treats in your bellies! :)

ok it's official. I have to be friends with The Roots :P hehe

:rotfl:

I bought the baseball outfit and the German outfit. Duffy can't go around naked! I can't believe you are already starting the next trip report. I feel like a slacker since I need to work on mine!

I wonder if Build-a-Bear clothes fit Duffy... :scratchin

I am jumping on board, been reading your report but not completely done yet. However I had to comment when I saw the above picture and gardens. So crazy, I have a picture of that same tree. What is even stranger to me is the difference in that garden based on the time of year. When I saw it in the month of July it was at full bloom and full of amazing colors.

Wow - that's really cool! I'd love to see the picture! :)

I MADE it through your report! Oh man! It was great!!

I am happy you got to go! That place was where my DH asked me to marry him when we lived there 3 years ago. I was lucky to live in Japan for a total of 6 years. Wow your report was really good! In the 6 years I lived there you saw way more stuff in Tokyo than I never did. I live near Tokyo for 4 years as a teenager and then went back for 2 years and lived Aomori in northern Japan.

Two thinks! I wanted to explain the Tommy Lee Jones Boss coffee. Not sure if anyone else beat me to the punch or not. I'm not the best speaker of Japanese but I can get by pretty well. Anyways Tommy is alien that is trying to fit in with humans, and he is constantly trying out different jobs to fit in correctly but he looks so weird that people think he isn't just a foreigner.

A-ha! That makes sense then. It's funny how context can change everything—we just couldn't figure out what the deal was with the one TV ad we saw for Boss Coffee.

I'm so glad you've enjoyed the report! :goodvibes

It took 4 weeks worth of lunch breaks and an extra hour today but I have read through this entire report...

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful account of the vacation of my dreams!

Bless you for giving up all your lunch breaks! :cutie: I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the report, and I hope one day you get to go on the vacation of your dreams too!

Oh I didn't realise you started your halloween one!

I was keepin' it on the downlow cuz it's gonna be so long before I can finish it! :teeth:

I just wanted to thank you so much for your trip report! I just got back from my Tokyo Trip and your advice/info was great!!

I'm starting my own TR if your interested in following along :goodvibes

Thanks again for an awesome report!!

Hooray! :banana: Great to know that the info was helpful—and thanks for the tip about your TR!

I haven't had much time for posting but I have been reading along all the reports....just wanna wish you and Patrick a Happy Holiday Season! May there be lots of peanut butter flavored treats in your bellies! :)

Aw, thanks! Happy holidays to you too! Peanut butter-flavored treats are in abundance, thanks to the "Moose Doots" Jensey made me! (At least I *think* they're peanut butter, chocolate and rice krispies and not actual moose doots.... :rotfl2:)

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you too! :goodvibes

Just finished reading through the whole trip. This totally puts Japan at the top of my list for must see place, especially Tokyo Disney! I've read your other trip reports too and think they're great, I hope you keep entertaining us all for a long time to come! :wizard:

I wanted to Thank you for this trip report. We will be moving there with the military this year. You really jazzed:yay: all of us to go and see not only TDL:woohoo: but to see other things.

I am sorry if you answered this, I am going to Japan in October and I think it would take me longer to read though all of this than to just ask.

You talk about the magical guide book. What is mr. guidebooks name?

You talk about the smoking, can you explain this any better, how bad of a problem is this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!