Tokyo Disney Resort ABD Extension - OYO questions

Theta

DIS Veteran
We are booked for a 2020 Japan ABD but the Tokyo Disney Resort add-on details and pricing have not been released yet. I understand 2019 pricing was steep. I have read some of you have booked the add-on yourselves.

How many days should I add? What hotel is best? Park tickets?

Anything other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We are booked for a 2020 Japan ABD but the Tokyo Disney Resort add-on details and pricing have not been released yet. I understand 2019 pricing was steep. I have read some of you have booked the add-on yourselves.

How many days should I add? What hotel is best? Park tickets?

Anything other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

First of all to give you an idea of how much the add-on was... it would have cost my hubby and I an extra 4,300 USD (that was the quote for our Sept 29th-Oct 9 2019 upcoming trip) It included the 2 nights at the Disneyland Hotel and I believe 11 Fast Passes.

Because I wanted to stay at the Mira Costa we decided to add-on 4 Pre-Trip Days on our own.

So we ended up doing 2 Packages directly with Tokyo Disneyland... (which btw was really frustrating to accomplish, but I am happy to get into that if you have questions) *So the one thing that the ABD Add-on has that I think is an intangible plus... not having to deal with their website or booking on your own... or credit card woes*

This is what we booked

One Many Attraction Package Staying in the Disneyland Hotel Beauty and the Beast Room (for 2 nights)
One Many Shows Package Staying in Mira Costa (Porto side view, for 2 nights)

My idea was... having both packages gives us just about as many Fast Passes as you would get doing the ABD add-on. Plus 2 guanteed shows without worrying about the lottery system.

There's lots of other cool things about the package that we liked. Keep in mind we booked the most expensive room type available in the package and it still came out to being only $300 USD more then the ABD add-on... and this is for double the stay.

It came out to $4,500 USD.

You can certainly book the rooms cheaper without doing a package at all... but you have to wait until 5 months from your check-in date. And again deal with a horrible website. At least with the package being 6 months out we found most of the room options we wanted available.

While I haven't stayed yet... soon yay! I am still 1000% happy with the route I took. I'll have to do a report after staying.

We did one 2 night package at the DL hotel. 1 night only at Miracosta (tickets from the DL hotel package still good for this day). And one 2 night package at Miracosta. So 5 nights and basically 6 days if you include the morning/ early afternoon of our departure.

For us this was ideal. We’re big parks fans, and this was very important to us. I was thankful for the time we had. Booking on our own saved us thousands. We got slightly less FP’s but otherwise very similar perks. I didn’t use all our FP’s. Guests that booked through Disney had a lot of extra FP’s at the end of there trip. So, if you’re comparing OYO packages vs ABD, I don’t think FP #’s are important.

We did one 2 night package at the DL hotel. 1 night only at Miracosta (tickets from the DL hotel package still good for this day). And one 2 night package at Miracosta. So 5 nights and basically 6 days if you include the morning/ early afternoon of our departure.

For us this was ideal. We’re big parks fans, and this was very important to us. I was thankful for the time we had. Booking on our own saved us thousands. We got slightly less FP’s but otherwise very similar perks. I didn’t use all our FP’s. Guests that booked through Disney had a lot of extra FP’s at the end of there trip. So, if you’re comparing OYO packages vs ABD, I don’t think FP #’s are important.
Agree--:we did OYO and stayed 2 nights at Mira Costa. Had most of three days, and that was just right. Had FPs to spare-- but it was also April and before Golden Week, so crowds were manageable. Loved Mira Costa!

I did the ABD package, which for me, as a solo traveler, ended up being totally worth it. I'm a little surprised at how they've priced this; it truly seems to be a "per person" price. It cost me $2,259 dollars for just me, with no single supplement. Given that I didn't have to brave the TDLR website at crazy hours, I think it was worth it.

I also had a bunch of fastpasses left over. After a certain point, they'd close the fastpass lane because the regular lines weren't that long. They were very handy for the really popular rides like Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania, but some times I just used them because they were there, and not because I really needed them. But as WeLoveABD said, it was not peak season; I went in May. So YMMV.

Sayhello

We booked the ABD add-on for all four of us so it was really steep. I did it mostly for the extra fast passes, so I'm bummed to hear this. Sigh. One of the problems with booking year #1 is you don't have prior trips reports.

We booked the ABD add-on for all four of us so it was really steep. I did it mostly for the extra fast passes, so I'm bummed to hear this. Sigh. One of the problems with booking year #1 is you don't have prior trips reports.

Our strategy was to get Fastpasses with our park tickets and use those in addition to our package allotment of Fastpasses. We also did some sit down meals that I loved but ate up ride time. With that strategy, we had more than enough FP’s. We had drinks with another guest that booked the ABD package, and he gave us a TON of leftover FP’s that he and his family just didn’t have time to use. Very generous, but we didn’t end up using them.

I’m sure it depends how busy the parks are and how many re-rides you want to do.

For those of you who bought a Tokyo Disney package on your own instead of buying the ABD extension, how did you get to the parks from the Peninsula hotel? Did ABD include the transfer or did you have to get a taxi or some other transport on your own?

Our strategy was to get Fastpasses with our park tickets and use those in addition to our package allotment of Fastpasses. We also did some sit down meals that I loved but ate up ride time. With that strategy, we had more than enough FP’s. We had drinks with another guest that booked the ABD package, and he gave us a TON of leftover FP’s that he and his family just didn’t have time to use. Very generous, but we didn’t end up using them.

I’m sure it depends how busy the parks are and how many re-rides you want to do.
Good point. I guess we'll see how busy they are next week!!

For those of you who bought a Tokyo Disney package on your own instead of buying the ABD extension, how did you get to the parks from the Peninsula hotel? Did ABD include the transfer or did you have to get a taxi or some other transport on your own?

Yes. They drove us to the DL hotel with the rest of the groups who booked the ABD extensions.

We did our own add on. We did one night at Miracosta with no package and then 3 nights at Sheraton with the package.
On the day the trip ended, we didn’t have park tickets and wanted to spend a bit more time in Tokyo (plus not have our bags ready by 6:30!). When we checked in the first day and guides asked about our departure, rpthey said we could get a transfer from Peninsula to the parks at any time (but then on our own to get to the airport). We picked 2pm and it worked great - when we got to Miracosta check in had just started and we got into our room straight away! It was hard to look down and not go into DisneySea - we had been there before so that made it a bit easier and we knew we wanted to be back in the room for Fantasmic anyway (definite Disney bucket list, and we are not really ‘show’ people).
We picked up our package that first day at Ikspiari so we were all set to go for Happy 15 the next morning.
We kind of hoarded our package fast passes for the Saturday which we knew would be the busiest and we would be running out of patience. I think we left one unused!
The bus to Narita was easy to book at the hotel - worst part is that they loop all the hotels doing pickups.
Have a great time - I love DisneySea - including th people watching!

I did the ABD package, which for me, as a solo traveler, ended up being totally worth it. I'm a little surprised at how they've priced this; it truly seems to be a "per person" price. It cost me $2,259 dollars for just me, with no single supplement. Given that I didn't have to brave the TDLR website at crazy hours, I think it was worth it.

I also had a bunch of fastpasses left over. After a certain point, they'd close the fastpass lane because the regular lines weren't that long. They were very handy for the really popular rides like Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania, but some times I just used them because they were there, and not because I really needed them. But as WeLoveABD said, it was not peak season; I went in May. So YMMV.

Sayhello
Oh, that's so interesting. When I called and asked about the add-on as a solo traveler, they quoted me the $4300 price. I'm glad you were able to get it for less. Maybe the vacationista I spoke with didn't have all the proper info when I asked. It's immaterial to me now b/c I'm not planning to do this trip any time soon. It's on my future maybe list after I've done a bunch of others that have a higher priority.

Oh, that's so interesting. When I called and asked about the add-on as a solo traveler, they quoted me the $4300 price. I'm glad you were able to get it for less. Maybe the vacationista I spoke with didn't have all the proper info when I asked. It's immaterial to me now b/c I'm not planning to do this trip any time soon. It's on my future maybe list after I've done a bunch of others that have a higher priority.
That is interesting. I guess it's also possible that I just lucked out. Or they changed their policy. Was that for 2020? Hmmmm. I'd be interested to hear from other solos who booked it, how much they paid or were quoted.

Sayhello

Thank you all for your info. I guess I have some research to do before my 6 month date.

What is the DL hotel that is included in the ABD extension?

Thank you all for your info. I guess I have some research to do before my 6 month date.

What is the DL hotel that is included in the ABD extension?
The ABD site lists the Tokyo Disneyland hotel for their extension.
It *is* the Tokyo Disneyland hotel. Right across from Tokyo Disneyland.

Sayhello

Last edited:

Cousin Orville,

I am trying to figure out the packages. The 2 day packages come with a 3 day passport? Is that correct?

What time of day does Disney drop you off at TDR after the official ABD tour ends?

Did you have to switch rooms at the MiraCosta?

Last edited:
Cousin Orville,

I am trying to figure out the packages. The 2 day packages come with a 3 day passport? Is that correct?

What time of day does Disney drop you off after the official ABD tour ends?

Did you use a day on the day of check in to the hotel? If so, did this consume a lot of park time?

Yes, a 2 night package comes with a 3 day passport.
ABD dropped us off at 8:15am at the DL hotel. The parks opened at 9 that day. If you buy your own package you’ll need to check into the hotel and then go to the train station to pick up the package tickets. The whole thing prob took an hour. Parks opened at 9am.
So, yes we year’s our first days ticket that day. The day we switched hotels to the Miracosta we used our 3rd day on our package. We stayed one nights at the Miracosta in one room and then switched rooms when our next 2 night 3 day package started up. So, 2 nights at the DL Hotel and 3 nights at Miracosta. 6 days of parks including our last day before going to the airport. Hope it makes sense.

Agree--:we did OYO and stayed 2 nights at Mira Costa. Had most of three days, and that was just right. Had FPs to spare-- but it was also April and before Golden Week, so crowds were manageable. Loved Mira Costa!

Thanks for the info. How did you spend your third day? What did you do with your luggage or did you catch a flight home that day? We are trying to devise a plan to make the most of that third day since it will be a hopper.

Yes, a 2 night package comes with a 3 day passport.
ABD dropped us off at 8:15am at the DL hotel. The parks opened at 9 that day. If you buy your own package you’ll need to check into the hotel and then go to the train station to pick up the package tickets. The whole thing prob took an hour. Parks opened at 9am.
So, yes we year’s our first days ticket that day. The day we switched hotels to the Miracosta we used our 3rd day on our package. We stayed one nights at the Miracosta in one room and then switched rooms when our next 2 night 3 day package started up. So, 2 nights at the DL Hotel and 3 nights at Miracosta. 6 days of parks including our last day before going to the airport. Hope it makes sense.

Yes, makes perfect sense! Thank you!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!