***Tokyo Disney Resort - FAQ***

Is there wireless throughout the parks?

How about the restaurants?

I understand the hotels have it, but you have to ask for a router as the rooms only have ethernet.

Would there be a problem using walkie talkies?

Trying to keep from getting a card or paying ATT $30 each for our cell phones.

Thanks,
Russell

In my experience there was no wifi in the Disney parks, restaurants or hotels. We stayed 5 nights at the Disneyland hotel and the only "free" internet access was 24 hours of free internet via their ethernet. After that they charged.
We opted for international data on our phones (ATT) bc we knew we would need it for navigation and such outside of TDR. We spent 2 weeks in Japan and international data really came in handy.
I have seen these two services mentioned on the boards but did not use either of them personally:
http://flets.com/freewifi/index.html

http://www.ntt-bp.net/service/device/jcfw/en/index.html

I hope this helps! Have a great trip.

How do you make a dining reservation for a restaurant in Disney by the sea park(Magellans) from the US? My daughter is going next week and wants to have lunch at Magellans.

I don't think the comment that Japanese people don't walk around while eating is at all accurate - I've been in Tokyo three days now and I've seen PLENTY of Japanese people walking around while eating food, particularly the day we spent in the area around a temple where there were lots of street stalls - people were walking while eating everything from baked potato to pancakes!

I don't think the comment that Japanese people don't walk around while eating is at all accurate - I've been in Tokyo three days now and I've seen PLENTY of Japanese people walking around while eating food, particularly the day we spent in the area around a temple where there were lots of street stalls - people were walking while eating everything from baked potato to pancakes!

It's for the most part true. There are exceptions, such as the example you provided where there are food stalls near temples, where there are festivals, celebrations (watching the sakura trees while in bloom is a big one), holidays, school events, etc. Not everyone adheres to the "unspoken rule" of not eating while walking, unless you're a teenager running late for class and have a piece of toast in your mouth :rotfl2:, but for the majority most people do. Most people hold on to their trash and throw it away when they come across a trash can at a convenience store, train station, a park, etc. It's why you see trashcans far and wide from each other in Tokyo compared to cities like LA where there is more than one on busy street corners :rolleyes2.

I don't eat and walk a lot in Japan, not so much because of the social norms but because Japanese Kite Hawks will attack you.

Here is a video of a guy feeding the hawks. Now imagine them swooping down but instead of taking food from the ground, they take the food out right out of your hand - often times messing you up with their talons while they are at it. I once watched a hawk swoop down and take a chicken breast right off the outdoor bbq grill. I even saw one smack/scratch up a guy's hand and steal his bag of fast food! That makes me more scared of eating and walking in Japan than any social norm! :rotfl2:

Well, I hope we can keep this thread updated. I am going in June of 2016 and already planning our trip. I know I can take a shuttle from the airport to the hotel I want to stay at, but I can't find anywhere that states whether you have to have a reservation before hand or if you can walk up to the counter. I do know they desk closes at 5 PM.

I haven't decided which hotel to stay at, but will make the decision when the window opens for us to make our reservation.

Hi!!

I'm taking my two kids (5 and 8) to Tokyo in April. We are going to Disneyland/sea for 2 days. I've read all of this thread and a heap of other forums, but am looking for a direct answer to a few things that still confuse me.
1) We don't know if we want to spend 2 days at Disneyland, or 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at Disneysea. What is the best option for tickets? Do we get two 1 day passes, or does the 2 day pass allow you to do Disneyland on one day and Disneysea on the next day?

2) Do the one day or two day passes allow you to stay for the fireworks? Or do you need to buy an After 6 Passport on top of that?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi!!1) We don't know if we want to spend 2 days at Disneyland, or 1 day at Disneyland and 1 day at Disneysea. What is the best option for tickets? Do we get two 1 day passes, or does the 2 day pass allow you to do Disneyland on one day and Disneysea on the next day?

A 2-day pass can allow you to go to TDL one day and TDS another day, but you have to decide what you're going to do each day when you purchase the ticket. (Personally, I certainly would spend a day at TDS - most of the attractions are unique to Tokyo, while many of the TDL attractions are clones or near-clones of U.S. attractions.)

Note that 3- and 4-day passes do allow you to choose and hop between parks on the third and fourth day (and if you're staying on-site, you can also pay a bit more to be able to do so on days one and two).

2) Do the one day or two day passes allow you to stay for the fireworks? Or do you need to buy an After 6 Passport on top of that?

The After 6 Passport is for people who don't arrive at the parks until 6pm or later. It has nothing to do with the validity of a regular ticket; a regular ticket is good for the entire operating day.

A 2-day pass can allow you to go to TDL one day and TDS another day, but you have to decide what you're going to do each day when you purchase the ticket. (Personally, I certainly would spend a day at TDS - most of the attractions are unique to Tokyo, while many of the TDL attractions are clones or near-clones of U.S. attractions.)

Note that 3- and 4-day passes do allow you to choose and hop between parks on the third and fourth day (and if you're staying on-site, you can also pay a bit more to be able to do so on days one and two).

Thanks. We've never been to Disneyland before. I'm in Australia, so it's not a quick and easy trip for us. We've only got 12 days in Japan, and I'm sure the kids would love to spend all of them at TDS/TDL. But we've got other things to see and do. :) We are staying in Tokyo itself, so will be catching a train to Disneyland each day. It sounds like the best thing to do is buy two 1 day passes online. It'll cost a little bit more, but at least we'll have flexibility with our options.

The After 6 Passport is for people who don't arrive at the parks until 6pm or later. It has nothing to do with the validity of a regular ticket; a regular ticket is good for the entire operating day.

Perfect. Thanks for explaining that so clearly.

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread! We are leaving for Japan next Thursday for 12 days (including travel days), and we will be spending one day at TDS. We go to Disneyland in Anaheim frequently and have been to WDW numerous times, so we are skipping Tokyo DL since we have so many other things to see and do during our time there. Like PP, we will also be taking the train since we are staying in Tokyo for that time.

Some questions

1) I haven't been able to get tickets. Will it be a problem to purchase them the day of? Sometimes you can stand in line for an hour at the US parks, and I'm a little worried about that.

2) Can we use our JR pass on the monorail?

3) We will be going either Apr 7 or 8, which are both indicated at 50 on the crowd calendar I found, on a scale of 100. I have set our expectations that we will do very few rides (it with be me and DH and our 5 and 3 year old, and one 81 year old) because we cannot wait in hours long lines. everyone keeps talking about how crowded the parks are and how long the lines. Any thoughts on this?

1) I haven't been able to get tickets. Will it be a problem to purchase them the day of? Sometimes you can stand in line for an hour at the US parks, and I'm a little worried about that.

3) We will be going either Apr 7 or 8, which are both indicated at 50 on the crowd calendar I found, on a scale of 100. I have set our expectations that we will do very few rides (it with be me and DH and our 5 and 3 year old, and one 81 year old) because we cannot wait in hours long lines. everyone keeps talking about how crowded the parks are and how long the lines. Any thoughts on this?

1) I've never had problem walking up to the window and buying tickets.
2) Yes, you can use either your prepaid Suica or Pasmo card on the monorail.
3) The weather will not be too hot, and many will be more interested in seeing cherry blossoms and enjoying various spring festivals. Crowds should be moderate. Fastpass use is always encouraged.

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread! We are leaving for Japan next Thursday for 12 days (including travel days), and we will be spending one day at TDS. We go to Disneyland in Anaheim frequently and have been to WDW numerous times, so we are skipping Tokyo DL since we have so many other things to see and do during our time there. Like PP, we will also be taking the train since we are staying in Tokyo for that time.

Some questions

I realize this poster has already been on their trip so this reply is just for anybody who might have the same question (I did and couldn't find an answer before we left):

NO - you CANNOT use your JR Pass to ride the monorail. You have to buy a separate ticket - with cash, either per ride or for the day. It's not much - ¥270 - but be prepared because it will NOT be covered by your JR Pass. If you stay on site, I believe you get a monorail pass included. Like the previous poster said, you can use a prepaid Pasmo or Suica card, but this is not the same as the JR pass!!

We are not experts, but we did just get back from Japan. We have a Facebook page with tons of photos and tried to include useful and relevant info with them. (https://facebook.com/bc7ate9)

We took lots of photos at the Disney Resort - including many of the menus and things like that - they may be useful for future trip planning:

Disneyland - https://m.facebook.com/bc7ate9/albums/651425498325153/

DisneySea - https://m.facebook.com/bc7ate9/albums/650433725090997/

Disney Resort (Ikspiari, Disneyland Hotel) - https://m.facebook.com/bc7ate9/albums/646012995533070/

This link should take you to all our albums - they're separated by day right now which isn't especially useful, but we're happy to try to answer any questions! - https://www.facebook.com/bc7ate9/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

Last edited:
Hi,
So i have a question about
the ambassador hotel
I want to stay here for 5 days
Butt does anybody knows if the breakfeast is free like in paris if you book it of do you have to pay for it ?
Thanks a lot

We are not experts, but we did just get back from Japan. We have a Facebook page with tons of photos and tried to include useful and relevant info with them. (https://facebook.com/bc7ate9)

We took lots of photos at the Disney Resort - including many of the menus and things like that - they may be useful for future trip planning:

Disneyland - https://m.facebook.com/bc7ate9/albums/651425498325153/

DisneySea - https://m.facebook.com/bc7ate9/albums/650433725090997/

Disney Resort (Ikspiari, Disneyland Hotel) - https://m.facebook.com/bc7ate9/albums/646012995533070/

This link should take you to all our albums - they're separated by day right now which isn't especially useful, but we're happy to try to answer any questions! - https://www.facebook.com/bc7ate9/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

Thank you!

My family went to Japan this past summer and we were at Tokyo Disney in mid-July. We stayed at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and I just wanted to pass on a couple of tips. The rooms have instant coffee as part of the tea set so we bought whole milk and brew able coffee at the sundries store at the hotel. It was about 12 oz of whole milk for $1 and lasted us the three mornings (coffee use only). We bought 2 different coffee types to brew. One was like a tea bag but had a little paper piece that hooked on to the cup so it was forced to stay under the water. These were Hawaiian coffee singles and actually made two cups of coffee each (a third could be brewed but it was pretty weak). Each were $1 and they had plain and vanilla (yum!) We also found these coffee 'bags' that made 3 small cups of coffee/2 large and they were Columbian coffee. You poured the water into the thick waxed bag, let it steep, then pour as you need it. These were $3 each. There were also the most fabulous plastic wrapped pastries in the cooler so don't pass them up - 100 yen (85 cents) for the best eclair I've ever had! The pastries were so yummy and fresh tasting.

The other tip is to go to Beckers which is at the train station and barely a 5 minute stroll from the hotel/entrance to Disneyland. Each set (sandwich and coffee or juice) was around $3! It was plenty for me and the kids and it was ok for my husband (he supplemented with an eclair :) Here are some pictures of the food:

IMG_0093.jpg IMG_0093.jpgIMG_2151.jpg

I tried to calling last night to make my hotel reservations for June. The line was always busy, so I had to book my only 5 nights of my trip online and will have to book the other 2 nights when the dates open up.

Just an FYI, for stays beginning April 1, 2016, they require a deposit. For what I booked last night, it was 30,000 yen per room.

Thanks for all of the useful information! My family and I are thinking of visiting Japan in September or October 2016 and I'm really excited to experience the Tokyo Disney Resort. This is a really great start to the planning process. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter