Tokyo Disneyland to Add Third Gate?

Nezumi Fan

Mouseketeer
So I followed up on the story after the live show this morning and, yeah, rumors of a possible third gate at Tokyo Disney seem credible. Here's a story posted 2/4/18 on mainichi.jp, a reputable Japanese news site:

https://goo.gl/SSrpwK
or
https://mainichi.jp/articles/20180204/ddm/041/020/137000c

If you're using Chrome, you can right-click and "translate to English" or, alternately, you can copy-paste the text into Google Translate, which returns this:

"Oriental Land, which operates Tokyo Disney Resort (TDR, Urayasu-shi, Chiba Prefecture), has started considering by setting the theme of the third park, which is preparing for construction, to "sky". We are considering construction of attractions and areas with the theme of sky and space, and plans to name the "Disney Sky" are emerging. Construction started in FY 2019, construction over 3 years aims to start in FY 2010.

"Disneyland with the theme of "land" is also in the United States, France, China, etc., Disney sea with the theme of "sea" is the only one in the world, only in the world.

"A company official said, "I want to build a park with only one in the world like Disney Sea," as the Disney Resort, the world's first "sky" themed as a theme, an attraction where you can simulate flying in space travel and jet aircraft We are considering introduction. In order to make it a park that can be enjoyed even to the senior citizen, we plan to develop moving walks and so on, so that we can move around without having to walk long distances in the park.

"TDR's annual number of visitors has been around 30 million people, relaxation of congestion is a problem. In the new park, it is not a paper entry ticket, but to enter and leave by electronic authentication using a smartphone. We are also considering collecting and analyzing visitors' movement data and attraction usage data with sensors installed in the garden and trying to decentralize at the peak.
The new park concept aims for announcement from late April to early May, and is under consideration in detail. We plan to construct an existing parking lot into a three-dimensional structure on a vacant site." 【Akane Imamura】

As a Japanese teacher, can confirm the machine translation to be sufficiently accurate to get the gist.

-- Nezumi Fan

I just saw the plan. Seems like a small park. And for some reason I saw the name coming: Tokyo DisneySky. Figured that would be cool but that would be Tokyo’s third gate if they ever did one

I just saw the plan. Seems like a small park. And for some reason I saw the name coming: Tokyo DisneySky. Figured that would be cool but that would be Tokyo’s third gate if they ever did one
One piece of speculation is because its a small area they could build vertically hence the name to help make up for the space issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter