Tokyo DisneySea Mid-morning Arrival

LindsayMouse

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I will be leaving for Tokyo next week and spending 2 weeks there! :) We are planning on going to DisneySea for one day (flexible on the actual date). Looking at the crowd calendars, I see it's better to go on a weekday rather than a weekend which shouldn't be an issue! Is there a certain day of the week that has less crowds?
Also, we are staying in Yokosuka (about an hour and a half away) and I don't think I'll be able to rally everyone to the train station at 6am, so it's likely we'll be arriving mid-morning - will this be an issue with getting fastpasses? Our overall goal is to see the park and enjoy the food and atmosphere, so not getting fastpasses wouldn't be the end of the world!
Thank you in advance everyone!!

I think tues-thurs are the less crowded days. We were there on a Tuesday and it was ok. We arrived about 45 min prior to opening and were able to get two fast passes. Journey to the center of the earth right away and tower of terror for later in the day. It might be difficult to get a good/early time for the FPes you would like. There's a lot to see in Disneysea, so riding rides was not our top priority.

Last edited:
Woah. Yokosuka is very far. Tuesday to Thursday is usually best crowd-wise. Mondays tend to be worse than Fridays.

Most likely, Toy Story Mania FP will be gone if you arrive after park opening. I can usually grab end of day FP for Tower of Terror and Journey to the Center of the Earth around noon. The other rides either have single rider or short lines at the end of the day so their FP run out later.

For the Christmas season, Happiest Celebration on the Sea runs at 9:25 AM and the show will be gone after March 25. So don't arrive too late if it's something you'd be interested in.

I second what gelatoni fan said. Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania will probably all be gone, but you should be able to get a FP for Tower of Terror and/or Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

You might have trouble getting restaurant reservations if you were hoping to dine at Magellan's or the Italian restaurant.

It looks like you have been to WDW a few times, so you don't need to worry about doing Toy Story unless it's a top favorite for your group. The Tokyo version is identical to the WDW version.

If you can't get any FPs & the lines are long, you can always go around on Sindbad all afternoon :rotfl: Just kidding, but do go at least once. Highly underrated ride.

The show I would recommend for you is the Christmas revue on the harbor, which runs at 11:30 AM & 2 PM. Don't worry about the other harbor shows because they are only 5-10 minutes long & not worth getting into and out of position for, since you have only one day. Big Band Beat is good but it's one of the mainstays & will be there next time, so no need to queue for standby. If you can hit for a seat in the lottery, check it out.

I think tues-thurs are the less crowded days. We were there on a Tuesday and it was ok. We arrived about 45 min prior to opening and were able to get three fast passes. Monsters inc right away, tower of terror and Monsters inc for later in the day. It might be difficult to get a good/early time for the FPes you would like. There's a lot to see in Disneysea, so riding rides was not our top priority.
Monsters is not in DisneySea. Just don't want OP to get confused :)

The show I would recommend for you is the Christmas revue on the harbor, which runs at 11:30 AM & 2 PM. Don't worry about the other harbor shows because they are only 5-10 minutes long & not worth getting into and out of position for, since you have only one day. Big Band Beat is good but it's one of the mainstays & will be there next time, so no need to queue for standby. If you can hit for a seat in the lottery, check it out.

Monsters is not in DisneySea. Just don't want OP to get confused :)

Whoops, forgot what park had which rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!