Tokyo or Aulani?

I went to Japan from late June to early July in 2016 and 2017 (and we did TDR in '17 for Tanabata Days.) In 2016, we didn't see Fuji-san at all. Every day we were someplace you could conceivably see Fuji-san it was clouded over. In '17 we got a lot luckier and saw Fuji-san on the way to Kyoto from the shinkansen and as a misty outline from Tokyo coming back from Koriyama. So you might see Fuji-san but anytime from June to September it's really not guaranteed and shouldn't be a deciding factor for a trip. (Now if your goal was to climb Fuji-san... July is a great time to do it. That's personally one of my goals.) It's amazing how well such a huge mountain can hide.

You can see a lot and do a lot in Japan in 10 days. The big decision would be is it worth it to get a rail pass especially since you want to do TDR. There are a lot of interesting temples and cultural sites you can reach with the much cheaper Tokyo Wide Pass, like Nikko and Kamakura. The hydrangeas are out then and Kamakura and Hakone have some spectacular ones. You can do a rail pass as well, but you really want to make sure to give Kyoto 4-5 days. It's worth it. We left for Kyoto on a 6:30 pm train after a full day in TDR. It's a matter of cost. Assuming both your children are under 12 but over 6, you're looking at 87,330 yen for 4 Japan rail passes, I think it would be closer to 30,000 yen for 4 Tokyo Wide Passes. There are additional passes if you want to overnight in Nikko or Hakone that might be worthwhile.

Most yukata you can buy for $100 are only going to be so well made. If you were interested in cheaper ones, the shrine flea market in Kitano Tenmangu in Kyoto always has LOTS of kimono and they can be as cheap as 1000 yen. They're all used, but that's sort of the fun of going. We rented high end yukata/kimono to walk around Kyoto in. It was a great experience because the place we used properly wrapped you up so you get the true experience. They had really nice kimono as well, though the children's selections were not as good.

In terms of English spoken, it depends on what your question is and where you are staying. For such an expensive hotel, I though the English language skills at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel were disappointing. They were much lower than the skills at other similarly priced hotels. I felt like Osaka Universal overall had more English than TDR. TDR is awful for those with dietary restrictions. They've improved since '09, but are still very lacking. There are many places where there are English menus and English speakers in Japan, and there are of course places where lack of Japanese skills are more of a challenge. It depends on where you want to go. In general, the places most people recommend: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Nara, Kamakura, Nikko, Hakone, Miyajima, Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Yokohama, and Kobe will be easier. Even places Takayama have a lot more English now, and the tour I took in 2010 in Japanese only is now offered in English as well. There are still places where there is less English but they tend to be places not on a shinkansen line or just not as popular with foreign tourists.

I've not been to Aulani, but I did stay at the Marriott K'Olina. The area is beautiful. We did the snorkel tour and my daughter is still talking about it. It sounds like you've all been to Hawaii before though and it's someplace you're more likely to be able to go back to in the near future.

If you have 10 days I'd recommend visiting Japan and spending 4 days at DLR and six days in and around Tokyo. There is a lot to do in Tokyo and several places where you can go on day trips. We went up to Matsumoto one day and down to Yokohama another. If you really want to do Kyoto, I'd recommend a minimum of two nights there and it takes about a half a day to take the train down and another to go back.

Our first trip to Japan was in July and we never got to see Mt Fuji. It was too cloudy. We did we see it from the train when we later went in May.

I went to Japan from late June to early July in 2016 and 2017 (and we did TDR in '17 for Tanabata Days.) In 2016, we didn't see Fuji-san at all. Every day we were someplace you could conceivably see Fuji-san it was clouded over. In '17 we got a lot luckier and saw Fuji-san on the way to Kyoto from the shinkansen and as a misty outline from Tokyo coming back from Koriyama. So you might see Fuji-san but anytime from June to September it's really not guaranteed and shouldn't be a deciding factor for a trip. (Now if your goal was to climb Fuji-san... July is a great time to do it. That's personally one of my goals.) It's amazing how well such a huge mountain can hide.

You can see a lot and do a lot in Japan in 10 days. The big decision would be is it worth it to get a rail pass especially since you want to do TDR. There are a lot of interesting temples and cultural sites you can reach with the much cheaper Tokyo Wide Pass, like Nikko and Kamakura. The hydrangeas are out then and Kamakura and Hakone have some spectacular ones. You can do a rail pass as well, but you really want to make sure to give Kyoto 4-5 days. It's worth it. We left for Kyoto on a 6:30 pm train after a full day in TDR. It's a matter of cost. Assuming both your children are under 12 but over 6, you're looking at 87,330 yen for 4 Japan rail passes, I think it would be closer to 30,000 yen for 4 Tokyo Wide Passes. There are additional passes if you want to overnight in Nikko or Hakone that might be worthwhile.

Most yukata you can buy for $100 are only going to be so well made. If you were interested in cheaper ones, the shrine flea market in Kitano Tenmangu in Kyoto always has LOTS of kimono and they can be as cheap as 1000 yen. They're all used, but that's sort of the fun of going. We rented high end yukata/kimono to walk around Kyoto in. It was a great experience because the place we used properly wrapped you up so you get the true experience. They had really nice kimono as well, though the children's selections were not as good.

In terms of English spoken, it depends on what your question is and where you are staying. For such an expensive hotel, I though the English language skills at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel were disappointing. They were much lower than the skills at other similarly priced hotels. I felt like Osaka Universal overall had more English than TDR. TDR is awful for those with dietary restrictions. They've improved since '09, but are still very lacking. There are many places where there are English menus and English speakers in Japan, and there are of course places where lack of Japanese skills are more of a challenge. It depends on where you want to go. In general, the places most people recommend: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, Nara, Kamakura, Nikko, Hakone, Miyajima, Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Yokohama, and Kobe will be easier. Even places Takayama have a lot more English now, and the tour I took in 2010 in Japanese only is now offered in English as well. There are still places where there is less English but they tend to be places not on a shinkansen line or just not as popular with foreign tourists.

I've not been to Aulani, but I did stay at the Marriott K'Olina. The area is beautiful. We did the snorkel tour and my daughter is still talking about it. It sounds like you've all been to Hawaii before though and it's someplace you're more likely to be able to go back to in the near future.

Wow, thank you! All of this is very helpful! We are looking at a few days at least in Kyoto as well if we do Japan. I like the idea of renting the kimono/yukata.

If you have 10 days I'd recommend visiting Japan and spending 4 days at DLR and six days in and around Tokyo. There is a lot to do in Tokyo and several places where you can go on day trips. We went up to Matsumoto one day and down to Yokohama another. If you really want to do Kyoto, I'd recommend a minimum of two nights there and it takes about a half a day to take the train down and another to go back.

Our first trip to Japan was in July and we never got to see Mt Fuji. It was too cloudy. We did we see it from the train when we later went in May.

Thank you! Yes, it sounds like Mt. Fuji is as tricky to see as Denali in Alaska!

Yes, so much to see in Kyoto! If we do Japan, I'd love to try to do Kyoto, but not sure we'll have time.

I must have either missed the first post or misread it. After rereading the thread I have to say as amazing as Japan looks to be I would probably do Aulani in your case. They trip you have planned is fairly long as it is and Aulani is a nice resort to relax at, especially if you don't have anywhere particular to be/must sees.

When we did Aulani we looked at renting points but we ended up finding a deal through Costco that worked out to be around the same price but had $100 resort credit per night and included a rental car. We stopped at Target for a quick grocery trip and had breakfast (except one character breakfast) lunch and snacks in the Villa (we had a 1bedroom) and used the resort credit for dinner every night. We did of course end up spending a bit extra on shave ice and drinks by the pool but it still ended up being a great deal for us.

I hope you love Australia and New Zealand. We have a cruise booked out of Sydney that heads to New Zealand in Feb. 2019 and even though we have several other trips planned before then I have to say it is the trip I am looking forward to the most. We will be spending a few days up in Cairns/Port Douglas pre cruise and then a few days in Auckland post cruise and I can not wait!

I must have either missed the first post or misread it. After rereading the thread I have to say as amazing as Japan looks to be I would probably do Aulani in your case. They trip you have planned is fairly long as it is and Aulani is a nice resort to relax at, especially if you don't have anywhere particular to be/must sees.

When we did Aulani we looked at renting points but we ended up finding a deal through Costco that worked out to be around the same price but had $100 resort credit per night and included a rental car. We stopped at Target for a quick grocery trip and had breakfast (except one character breakfast) lunch and snacks in the Villa (we had a 1bedroom) and used the resort credit for dinner every night. We did of course end up spending a bit extra on shave ice and drinks by the pool but it still ended up being a great deal for us.

I hope you love Australia and New Zealand. We have a cruise booked out of Sydney that heads to New Zealand in Feb. 2019 and even though we have several other trips planned before then I have to say it is the trip I am looking forward to the most. We will be spending a few days up in Cairns/Port Douglas pre cruise and then a few days in Auckland post cruise and I can not wait!

Thank you! Yes, Australia is my #1 bucket list item! I cannot wait!!!

Wow, thank you! All of this is very helpful! We are looking at a few days at least in Kyoto as well if we do Japan. I like the idea of renting the kimono/yukata.

If you want to go to the flea market, it's the 25th of every month and I guarantee there will be several people selling kimono for under 3000 yen there. You can buy an obi there or elsewhere.

I rented my kimono from Okamoto Kimono Rental: http://www.okamoto-kimono.com/ We used the Gion shop. We didn't reserve ahead of time but had no problem renting that day. There was a huge selection of rentals even for those who are not stick thin. If you scroll down you can see me with my daughter. http://gallery.okamoto-kimono.com/blog.php?m=2017-06&page_no=4 We're the 2 foreigners. I loved my kimono, it was so elegant and beautiful and different. I also paid the 500 yen additional for them to style my hair and another 500 yen for my daughter's.

One thing to think about, especially if you're coming from Australia or New Zealand is possibly flying into Kansai Airport, doing Kyoto first, and then flying out from Haneda/Narita. (Or depending on where you are trying to get to in the US, reverse that.) If you don't need to go back to Tokyo to leave it will save you a lot of travel time. You also won't need a rail pass then and can just buy a one way fare from Tokyo to Kyoto. Plus you can take the more frequent and faster Nozomi vs. the Hikari.

I personally couldn't take more than 2 days at TDR. The parks are beautiful, but just no... not when there are so many more unique things to do in Japan.

I don't know the ages f your children, but I would highly recommend Nara as a day trip from Kyoto. My daughter also really enjoyed the monkey park in Kyoto. She enjoys temples more now, as she has her own camera. I loved the hotel I stayed at in Kyoto this past trip. I don't know if they have rooms big enough for 4, but the hotel was outstanding and had a great location in Gion.

If you are there in 2018 in late June/early July, I hope to be there again too! We're planning to do TDR at the start of the trip to take advantage of jet lag for early mornings and then fly to Fukuoka and work our way East until we get to Kyoto and then fly from Kansai. If I can swing it, we'll go to Nikko or Koriyama/Licca Castle again as day trips from Tokyo and then try an onsen in Yufuin and perhaps the caves in Yamaguchi. Ideally we will also spend a night in Miyajima. Id' really like to go back to Nikko, I've only been once. I'm trying to figure out how to cut down on Tokyo Disney. I love the Happy 15, but I prefer the Tokyo Station Hotel, way better beds and much better breakfast buffet.

If you want to go to the flea market, it's the 25th of every month and I guarantee there will be several people selling kimono for under 3000 yen there. You can buy an obi there or elsewhere.

I rented my kimono from Okamoto Kimono Rental: http://www.okamoto-kimono.com/ We used the Gion shop. We didn't reserve ahead of time but had no problem renting that day. There was a huge selection of rentals even for those who are not stick thin. If you scroll down you can see me with my daughter. http://gallery.okamoto-kimono.com/blog.php?m=2017-06&page_no=4 We're the 2 foreigners. I loved my kimono, it was so elegant and beautiful and different. I also paid the 500 yen additional for them to style my hair and another 500 yen for my daughter's.

One thing to think about, especially if you're coming from Australia or New Zealand is possibly flying into Kansai Airport, doing Kyoto first, and then flying out from Haneda/Narita. (Or depending on where you are trying to get to in the US, reverse that.) If you don't need to go back to Tokyo to leave it will save you a lot of travel time. You also won't need a rail pass then and can just buy a one way fare from Tokyo to Kyoto. Plus you can take the more frequent and faster Nozomi vs. the Hikari.

I personally couldn't take more than 2 days at TDR. The parks are beautiful, but just no... not when there are so many more unique things to do in Japan.

I don't know the ages f your children, but I would highly recommend Nara as a day trip from Kyoto. My daughter also really enjoyed the monkey park in Kyoto. She enjoys temples more now, as she has her own camera. I loved the hotel I stayed at in Kyoto this past trip. I don't know if they have rooms big enough for 4, but the hotel was outstanding and had a great location in Gion.

If you are there in 2018 in late June/early July, I hope to be there again too! We're planning to do TDR at the start of the trip to take advantage of jet lag for early mornings and then fly to Fukuoka and work our way East until we get to Kyoto and then fly from Kansai. If I can swing it, we'll go to Nikko or Koriyama/Licca Castle again as day trips from Tokyo and then try an onsen in Yufuin and perhaps the caves in Yamaguchi. Ideally we will also spend a night in Miyajima. Id' really like to go back to Nikko, I've only been once. I'm trying to figure out how to cut down on Tokyo Disney. I love the Happy 15, but I prefer the Tokyo Station Hotel, way better beds and much better breakfast buffet.

Oh! You're so smart! I feel really dumb now! We should definitely fly in near Kyoto and do that first, travel to Tokyo and then move on to New Zealand! Why am I trying to do everything round trip from Tokyo?! LOL!

The whole- you can't see the forest for the trees....

Now to go back and reevaluate our schedule and remove all of the travel between Kyoto and Tokyo!

Oh! You're so smart! I feel really dumb now! We should definitely fly in near Kyoto and do that first, travel to Tokyo and then move on to New Zealand! Why am I trying to do everything round trip from Tokyo?! LOL!

The whole- you can't see the forest for the trees....

Now to go back and reevaluate our schedule and remove all of the travel between Kyoto and Tokyo!

If you're doing Japan first from the US, I would start in Tokyo and then fly out to Australia/New Zealand from Kansai (KIX) or heck even see how much Central (Nagoya) costs. (Nagoya airport is the same distance from Kyoto as Kansai, both are International, I would take whichever has better flights.) Why do Tokyo first? Use the jetlag to help you get to TDR super early. If you're doing Australia/New Zealand first, it doesn't matter where you start, pick whichever makes more sense.)

From KIX you can take a Haruka directly to Kyoto. Unless you are staying at the Granvia or a small selection of other hotels you are going to need to transfer to something to get to your hotel/AirBnB. If you have a lot of bags, do a hotel and takyuubin from KIX. Don't try to take bags on the Kyoto City Buses. You can also takyuubin your bags from Kyoto to wherever you are staying in Tokyo. Takyuubin usually costs around 2000 yen per bag and is totally worth it imho.

If you're doing Japan first from the US, I would start in Tokyo and then fly out to Australia/New Zealand from Kansai (KIX) or heck even see how much Central (Nagoya) costs. (Nagoya airport is the same distance from Kyoto as Kansai, both are International, I would take whichever has better flights.) Why do Tokyo first? Use the jetlag to help you get to TDR super early. If you're doing Australia/New Zealand first, it doesn't matter where you start, pick whichever makes more sense.)

From KIX you can take a Haruka directly to Kyoto. Unless you are staying at the Granvia or a small selection of other hotels you are going to need to transfer to something to get to your hotel/AirBnB. If you have a lot of bags, do a hotel and takyuubin from KIX. Don't try to take bags on the Kyoto City Buses. You can also takyuubin your bags from Kyoto to wherever you are staying in Tokyo. Takyuubin usually costs around 2000 yen per bag and is totally worth it imho.

Thank you so much! The only reason I wouldn't do Tokyo first is because we'd arrive on a weekend. I've heard Tokyo Disney is craaaaaazy on the weekends. So, thought it would be smarter to do Kyoto and Tokyo city tours first and then do Disney during the week. Yes? No?

I've been to both. I would choose Tokyo hands down! First of all, Disney Sea is AMAZING! It's my husband's favorite park (and we've been to all but Shanhai). Second of all, well it's a new country for you. Don't worry about the language. Many people speak english and when they don't it's really not a big deal.

ETA: I also want to throw in a plug for Hiroshima. We did a day trip there from Osaka (which is an airline hub) and it was a very moving experience. If you're going to spend 10 days in Japan I would dedicate 1 day to Hiroshima. It is an amazing thought provoking place. Standing at Ground Zero was ... there are really no words to describe standing below where a nuclear bomb went off.

Last edited:
I've been to both. I would choose Tokyo hands down! First of all, Disney Sea is AMAZING! It's my husband's favorite park (and we've been to all but Shanhai). Second of all, well it's a new country for you. Don't worry about the language. Many people speak english and when they don't it's really not a big deal.

ETA: I also want to throw in a plug for Hiroshima. We did a day trip there from Osaka (which is an airline hub) and it was a very moving experience. If you're going to spend 10 days in Japan I would dedicate 1 day to Hiroshima. It is an amazing thought provoking place. Standing at Ground Zero was ... there are really no words to describe standing below where a nuclear bomb went off.

Yes, I have heard GREAT things about Disney Sea! Lots of rave reviews! If we don't make it there for this particular trip, we definitely will sometime in the future!

Honestly, I hadn't planned on doing Hiroshima, but now I'll have to research it. It sounds like a very moving place to visit.

In 4 previous trips to Japan, I had been unable to really see Mt. Fuji.., Last January, I decided to fly for 4 days to Japan on a whim and decided to "roll the dice" by going to Fuji-Q Highland. Fuji-Q is the thrillseeker paradise in Japan with insane roller coasters and notoriously bad operation. Think a huge roller coaster sending a 8 person car every 2-3 minute around the track. My previous visit had been a disaster and the weather forecast was miserable. No wind or snow but 35-40F temperatures forecasted. I was like ok, might as well go and I took a bus from the Shinjuku Bus Terminal to the park.

Guess what? Mt. Fuji was completely uncovered until 2pm and I have amazing shots of it from the ferris wheel and other places around the park. The park itself was empty and all rides except two were running. It was an amazing experience.

On a previous trip, I went to Hiroshima and I also advise you to go there. Himeji with its castle is also a good place to visit as the Castle is amazing and not far from the Shinkansen station.

Getting a good view of Mt Fuji can really be a hit or miss. I've had days where I can see it from the entrance from Disneyland (this was in late November), to other days where nothing at all, even from Skytree.

It sounds like you're leaning towards Japan, so I thought I'd share the itinerary I made for my dad and uncle who are visiting right now. They have 11 full days and we stuck around Tokyo.
Day 0: Arrival in late afternoon. Dinner. Early bedtime.
Day 1: Tokyo Cycling Tour (which I highly recommend! The same company also offers Kayak tours)
Day 2: Harajuku/Meiji Jingu/Shibuya
Day 3: Skytree/Asakusa
Day 4 and 5: Mt Fuji (We climbed from the fifth station to the top! Climbing season is late July to early September)
Day 6: Recovery and Baseball Game (Tokyo Giants vs Hiroshima Carp at the Tokyo Dome; there's a whole amusement area there that's really cool!)
Day 7: DisneySea
Day 8: Shopping and Shinjuku
Day 9: Kamakura Day Trip
Day 10: Disneyland
Day 11: Ikebukuro/University of Tokyo/last minute shopping
Day 12: Flight in the afternoon

Your mileage may vary, but just an idea for you. If you do Kyoto, I agree with what others have recommended: either start or end in Kyoto and fly from there. Be sure to schedule in your travel time for the shinkansen, and remember that the temples usually close by 5pm or so, so you'll want to have early starts on those days! If you aren't staying near the Disney parks at all during your trips, I recommend splitting up your disney park days. It gives you some nice recovery time and allows you to enjoy the parks more. :) If you only have time for one park, definitely go for Disneysea!

In 4 previous trips to Japan, I had been unable to really see Mt. Fuji.., Last January, I decided to fly for 4 days to Japan on a whim and decided to "roll the dice" by going to Fuji-Q Highland. Fuji-Q is the thrillseeker paradise in Japan with insane roller coasters and notoriously bad operation. Think a huge roller coaster sending a 8 person car every 2-3 minute around the track. My previous visit had been a disaster and the weather forecast was miserable. No wind or snow but 35-40F temperatures forecasted. I was like ok, might as well go and I took a bus from the Shinjuku Bus Terminal to the park.

Guess what? Mt. Fuji was completely uncovered until 2pm and I have amazing shots of it from the ferris wheel and other places around the park. The park itself was empty and all rides except two were running. It was an amazing experience.

On a previous trip, I went to Hiroshima and I also advise you to go there. Himeji with its castle is also a good place to visit as the Castle is amazing and not far from the Shinkansen station.

Fuji-Q must be the main competitor to my home park- Cedar Point! LOL!

Can I ask a potentially dumb question about Hiroshima? They don't get offended when Americans are there looking at the destruction they caused? I think I'd feel awkward. Does that make sense?

Yes, we've heard Mt. Fuji is as elusive as Alaska's Denali! You were super lucky to get some great pics!

Getting a good view of Mt Fuji can really be a hit or miss. I've had days where I can see it from the entrance from Disneyland (this was in late November), to other days where nothing at all, even from Skytree.

It sounds like you're leaning towards Japan, so I thought I'd share the itinerary I made for my dad and uncle who are visiting right now. They have 11 full days and we stuck around Tokyo.
Day 0: Arrival in late afternoon. Dinner. Early bedtime.
Day 1: Tokyo Cycling Tour (which I highly recommend! The same company also offers Kayak tours)
Day 2: Harajuku/Meiji Jingu/Shibuya
Day 3: Skytree/Asakusa
Day 4 and 5: Mt Fuji (We climbed from the fifth station to the top! Climbing season is late July to early September)
Day 6: Recovery and Baseball Game (Tokyo Giants vs Hiroshima Carp at the Tokyo Dome; there's a whole amusement area there that's really cool!)
Day 7: DisneySea
Day 8: Shopping and Shinjuku
Day 9: Kamakura Day Trip
Day 10: Disneyland
Day 11: Ikebukuro/University of Tokyo/last minute shopping
Day 12: Flight in the afternoon

Your mileage may vary, but just an idea for you. If you do Kyoto, I agree with what others have recommended: either start or end in Kyoto and fly from there. Be sure to schedule in your travel time for the shinkansen, and remember that the temples usually close by 5pm or so, so you'll want to have early starts on those days! If you aren't staying near the Disney parks at all during your trips, I recommend splitting up your disney park days. It gives you some nice recovery time and allows you to enjoy the parks more. :) If you only have time for one park, definitely go for Disneysea!

Thank you very much! This is extremely helpful! Yes, I think that Japan makes the most sense for this trip even though they both sound wonderful! We've never done Japan before and will already be "in the neighborhood."

I would LOVE to climb Mt. Fuji! This past summer we did a Grand Canyon hike with 2 days at the bottom at Phantom Ranch. About 7 miles down (South Kaibab Trail) and 9.5 back out (Bright Angel). Unfortunately, we'd be there too early- mid-June. Sounds like a lot of the huts are still closed, could be snow on the trails, etc.

I like the idea of splitting up the TDR days if we aren't onsite, too. We'll have to price out some options for stays!

Glad I could help!

Climbing Mt Fuji is definitely a once in a lifetime experience, and if you have a chance one day I highly recommend it! It's really impossible to climb outside of official season; you need to get special permission from the local police dept, the trails aren't clear, and no huts are open. The trail is hard enough that I can't imagine doing it without the huts. Maybe you can plan it for your next trip if the timing works! :)

Can I ask a potentially dumb question about Hiroshima? They don't get offended when Americans are there looking at the destruction they caused? I think I'd feel awkward. Does that make sense?

If they do, they don't show it. We did a day trip to Hiroshima and Miyajima from Osaka. We had the JR pass and it covered the bus around Hiroshima and the ferry out to Miyajima. It was a very enjoyable day.

If you take the JR bus from Hiroshima station to ground zero, there's a good chance you'll be met at the bus by a tour guide who will walk you through the various monuments. Ours was an older Japanese man and he told us a lot of interesting information that we might not have gotten on our own.

In Osaka I really enjoyed walking up to the castle. It's a beautiful structure and the views of the surrounding city were great.

Fuji-Q must be the main competitor to my home park- Cedar Point! LOL!

Yes, we've heard Mt. Fuji is as elusive as Alaska's Denali! You were super lucky to get some great pics!

No issues about americans visiting Hiroshima. Last time I was there, most of the tourists on the tramway returning from the Peace Museum and Atomic Bomb Dome were americans. Feel free to visit and feel moved by the whole thing...

An amusement park called Nagashima Spaland is sometimes called by roller coaster enthusiasts "the Cedar Point of Japan" due to its many common things: giant red roller coaster in the middle of the park, huge selection of rides, blue Corkscrew coaster, etc.

I stayed on Miyajima Island once at a Ryokan. Ryokan are traditional japanese inns where you get dinner, breakfast and they nearly all have some kind of spa/hot spring facility. Very quiet and serene area for sure. I was in Osaka last June near the castle for a whole different reason: I attended a wrestling show at the nearby "Osaka-Jo Hall".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter