Toledo at Grand Destino Tower | Disney Dining Show | 07/12/19

Well, I'm glad Deni was along. Mac 'n Cheese Steve is an interesting choice for a first review of Toe-lay-doe.

Their enthusiasm is welcome after reading a couple of reviews that chose to focus on the disappointments, even though there were well-liked offerings. I've never been to an opening that hit the top of all measures. I believe that management and staff want to deliver a really nice experience to guests and it looks like they're on their way. My 15-and-under kids and I will dine here in August. I think we'll enjoy the whole experience! I love that the tables aren't so close that you have to ask another patron to scoot in as you go to the restroom.

Great review. Made ADR after watching for one of our off days.

Kudos to them for acknowledging their pronunciation challenges and being able to laugh.

This was a good review. We added a night to the beginning of our Dec trip so we can stay in a tower room and eat at Toledo. We got an 8:15 ADR so I hope we can see some of the fireworks in the distance. I'm excited to check everything out.

We dined here on Sunday evening. The restaurant is stunning and the view is amazing. In fact, it is probably one of the most beautiful restaurants on property. Unfortunately, I will be in no hurry to return. The comment about tables not being close together is true, and when we were there the restaurant was practically empty. We were, however, seated next to a very large column and close to a wall where the wait staff goes in and out. We could see next to nothing. I'm sure I could have asked to be moved, and I'm sorry I didn't so I have no one but myself to blame for a disappointing location (buy why would they seat us in such a sorry spot when the restaurant is not busy which is never was?) Our waiter was very attentive and the food was good. I had the scallops which were delicious, but the other food on the plate did nothing to complement the scallops. It was just plate filler to make the four scallops look like more food. My husband had the filet and it was somewhat dry--just a steak with little to no seasoning or marinade. The Dahlia lounge across the hall is very nice and also has a remarkable view. If I were to return, I'd go to the lounge and dine elsewhere.

We booked a reservation and I'm keeping an eye on reviews before our trip. The restaurant looks stunning and the menu interesting. My tentative plan is dinner at Toledo and then head to Dahlia for drinks (I heard they have specialty gin drinks) and to maybe watch the fireworks if we are around at that time.

We ate here on 7/11. My husband had their specialty gin drink and declared it “ok”. The restaurant is beautiful and definitely feels close to signature level (with a few differences I noticed but DH didn’t). Our server was great and very knowledgeable about the food and wine and gave us some great suggestions. My kids (8 & 6) loved the charred octopus dish and savory churros and both got the kid’s meatballs, which they scarfed down in about 5 minutes. I had the scallops and was pleased. DH had the pork chop and also was pleased. Overall might be one of our favorite meal experiences of the trip.

I get the many words that cant be pronounced, but "Heirloom"? :rotfl2: Come on!!!

Not my cup of tea, only because Im from the north and when I vacation in FL, I want a more vacation-like tropical ambiance, not an atmosphere I can get down the street. Looks very " downtown city"-like.

I get the many words that cant be pronounced, but "Heirloom"? :rotfl2: Come on!!!

Not my cup of tea, only because Im from the north and when I vacation in FL, I want a more vacation-like tropical ambiance, not an atmosphere I can get down the street. Looks very " downtown city"-like.

Downcity like providence? What does it remind you of there?

The interior is like a hotel restaurant in a big city with that contemporary eco friendly concept they all have.

Of course older citys, like Boston and Providence have a little more character in their local restaurants, but those are all the same too. Exposed brick walls/beams, white linen etc...

Westin in Boston...

Embassy Suites Columbus OH

When on vacation, I want something with more of a theme. Relaxing, tropical, unique. so I dont think Im home, but really on vacation.

I think the restaurant looks gorgeous, almost enchanted forest vibes, with views that you won't get anywhere else at Disney.

Sorry if this has been asked before or in another thread, but are there any discounts at Toledo? Either TIW or DVC/AP?

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but while checking out the TIW site I noticed Toledo is now part of the program. Heading there in January so this is welcome news to me!
We were there on Thursday (10/17) and they did indeed take TiW. Really enjoyed the meal. We went for small plates this time and will go back for a full meal sometime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!