Tolls from MCO to WDW

happily single

Left foot first!
I am renting a car for a one day visit to WDW and I want to buy the Pre-Paid Sun Pass sticker. I forgot the cost of tolls and only want to load enough on the sticker to cover the day.

Thanks!

because I've never heard of that! Thanks
It's technically still in a trial phase and launched back in May and currently runs the end of July 2020.

There have been a couple of posts by people that have used it and they were very happy with how it worked.

It does sound like a good program. I would definitely use it myself, but I generally bring my EZpass along (I tend to hit the tolls that accept it in the area). One thing to be aware of is that the Visitor Toll Pass counter doesn't open until 9 AM, so if you're arriving earlier than that, it might not be for you.

It does sound like a good program. I would definitely use it myself, but I generally bring my EZpass along (I tend to hit the tolls that accept it in the area). One thing to be aware of is that the Visitor Toll Pass counter doesn't open until 9 AM, so if you're arriving earlier than that, it might not be for you.
I looked at the website, which seems pretty lacking in details. If I use them I have to go to the counter first? We are planning an epic 12 hour trip so every minute counts.

If I use them I have to go to the counter first?
You must stop at their counter at MCO to pickup the actual toll pass which you have to hang on the vehicles rear view mirror.

Reportedly, it only takes a few minutes for them to explain how the program works and to give you the pass.

I looked at the website, which seems pretty lacking in details. If I use them I have to go to the counter first? We are planning an epic 12 hour trip so every minute counts.
We used it in May. They had a rep “hanging out” near the rental counters - no dedicated kiosk or anything. We had pre reserved so it was a pretty quick process to pick it up. When returning there are ”mailboxes” to drop them into. We used the one I the tunnel. I can’t guarantee no wait to get it on arrival, but drop off is simple. Perhaps if one of you rent the toll pass while the other continues to the garage to get the car figured out? It’s CC based so the names on the toll pass and car do not need to be the same.

You must stop at their counter at MCO to pickup the actual toll pass which you have to hang on the vehicles rear view mirror.

Reportedly, it only takes a few minutes for them to explain how the program works and to give you the pass.
In September there was a rep standing near the luggage carousels. Just a couple of minutes to pick it up. The rep explains everything you need to know. Really fast and easy and you are charged a lower toll by using it. On return just drop it one of the easy to spot drop boxes. No time at all. Highly recommend.

is this the easiest and cheapest way to pay tolls if you are renting at the airport?
I will say a qualified yes. We went to Port Canaveral and back vs. out to WDW. Still, it was so convenient, no bogus fees and the lowest possible toll rates - resident? We had the pass Mo-Su, dropped it in the “mailbox” as we returned and had less than $4 hit our card. We do not typically rent for WDW, but I looked at the cost of the rental, parking at the port, a follow on couple of days at VB Resort and decided the car was the way to go. If I rent in the area I will definitely get the visitor pass again.

I will say a qualified yes. We went to Port Canaveral and back vs. out to WDW. Still, it was so convenient, no bogus fees and the lowest possible toll rates - resident? We had the pass Mo-Su, dropped it in the “mailbox” as we returned and had less than $4 hit our card. We do not typically rent for WDW, but I looked at the cost of the rental, parking at the port, a follow on couple of days at VB Resort and decided the car was the way to go. If I rent in the area I will definitely get the visitor pass again.
So why not an unqualified yes?

why not an unqualified yes?

IMO, if you are a frequent visitor, buying the portable SUNPASS (or e-pass <not to be confused with EZ pass>) means you don't have to pick up the freebie (and go thru the CC registration) each time .... not a huge issue but counts as a 'qualification' .....

We used the visitor pass in December and it was easy-peasy! There was a portable stand and 4 agents with iPads over by the National rental counter. It took about 5 mins or less to get my pass. We hung it on the rearview mirror and off we went to our Disney Springs hotel. When I checked my email after we checked in, it said that my toll pass hadn't been registered as I left the parking garage and gave me a number to call. As it was 1:30am I decided to call in the morning, but by then there was another email saying everything was fine. We used the car to go to Cocoa Beach, up to Orlando to see the ballet, and then to Universal, as well as around Disney property. No problem returning the pass at MCO, and in 3 days of returning home they'd sent me a receipt with all the tolls listed, as well as the total that was charged to the credit card. Couldn't be easier, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

I just stumbled upon this thread. This is excellent info on the Traveller's Pass! I am wondering if it works with non-US credit cards as well, does anyone have any experience? I would find that a lot easier than paying cash at the toll booths on our trip.

Sounds like a great Idea, but if I'm only going from MCO to WDW there's only two tolls which generally have very little if any wait. Not sure I would even bother with picking up and dropping off the visitor toll pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts