Tomorrowland Dessert Party- Disappointment

Since I haven't been able to see any photos of the desserts/fireworks at this party, I searched at youtube and saw one where the spread looked fantastic with creme brulet, mango shots, etc. etc. Then I saw the video was FOUR YEARS OLD. :( Found one that was 5 months old and wow, what a difference in what they now offer. Looks rather disappointing. :( But, being able to see the fireworks display with our family and see Tink fly over us will be worth it, I'm sure. :)

Yes, I went when it first started and it was truly awesome.. a much different set up than now. All the desserts and drinks were on the second and there were 4 rows of tables. It was unbelievable. Then they moved the tables to accommodate more people and lessened the variety of desserts.

Curious. Is this all an open air location or is part of the room enclosed? I have been looking for images online and youtube and it looks completely open with a cover?

You are in the terrace part of the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. It's all open on the sides with a roof. It is quite comfortable.

I started my own thread about this topic, and then saw this one...oops.

We'll be at Disneyworld in January with our daughter, her husband, their two children and her husband's parents. Just this morning I got a text on my phone from DD, saying she had made one more reservation for us, at Tomorrowland Terrace for our last night. I didn't even remember a restaurant by that name, so I got on the computer to find out. Ah, it's the fireworks dessert party! What a fun way to spend our last night of our family trip, so I asked more about it.

Sorry to hear some are disappointed with it, but glad to hear others loved it. The ones who don't like people standing up by the railing I'm kind of curious about. Aren't the fireworks up high in the sky? Why would anyone standing at the railing block your view of the fireworks?

And the website says they have "pastries, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and more"...what is the "more?" Are there any gluten free and sugar free options? Fresh fruit like cut up melon, berries, etc.?

I can't wait to see Tink fly over us!! :)

Because you're not at ground level, you're up a bit too and farther back. So if someone taller or the same height is in front of you, you won't be able to really see the castle or the fireworks.

I believe there was a limited amount of fresh fruit. I don't remember seeing anything marked as gluten free or sugar free.

Add me to the group that was disappointed. It was really hot in there, the desserts were all warm (warm cheesecake bites? gross.) After being on my feet for 12 hours, I didn't want to have to stand to see the fireworks.

I started my own thread about this topic, and then saw this one...oops.

We'll be at Disneyworld in January with our daughter, her husband, their two children and her husband's parents. Just this morning I got a text on my phone from DD, saying she had made one more reservation for us, at Tomorrowland Terrace for our last night. I didn't even remember a restaurant by that name, so I got on the computer to find out. Ah, it's the fireworks dessert party! What a fun way to spend our last night of our family trip, so I asked more about it.

Sorry to hear some are disappointed with it, but glad to hear others loved it. The ones who don't like people standing up by the railing I'm kind of curious about. Aren't the fireworks up high in the sky? Why would anyone standing at the railing block your view of the fireworks?

And the website says they have "pastries, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and more"...what is the "more?" Are there any gluten free and sugar free options? Fresh fruit like cut up melon, berries, etc.?

I can't wait to see Tink fly over us!! :)

There is fresh fruit. And ice cream too.

If you end up with a table towards the back of the area, you can't see the fireworks because you are under cover. The ceiling blocks your view a bit.

Can't confirm but if you have allergies or sensitivities they maybe able to prepare something special if you notify them beforehand

How far in advance can you book? Does anyone know if the earlier you book, the better your seat is?

We have done this for our summer trip ever since it started so I am going to say 4-6 times. We always enjoy it and hadn't noticed the quality going down until this year. I can't remember all of the desserts available, but they didn't have the delicious whole brownies anymore, nor the mango shooters. It was the first time I actually noticed the reduced selection. It wasn't a miserable time by any means, but we will probably not do it again. :worried:

How far in advance can you book? Does anyone know if the earlier you book, the better your seat is?

At one time you just had to watch for it open, but I think it opens at 180 days now. And I do think the earlier you book, the better your seat is. I always booked us right when it opened and we were always one of the front tables when it was just for 2.

I went to the dessert party in August 2013 and loved it. My favourite desserts were the creme brulee and the mango shooters. Of course I booked it again for my August 2014 trip and I was so disappointed that they no longer had either of the desserts I was looking forward too. I'm not sure if I will book it again for my next trip...

I'd like to try it, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on all desserts. However my DH & I agree that we'd pay double for the party if it featured appetizers. How many desserts can one eat & enjoy? After one I think people get the sugar fix & are about done. I think the desserts might get better reviews that way. -lol! Guess it wouldn't be a dessert party, more like idk.....a wishes party?

There are few things at Disney that disappoint us, but the Dessert Party was one of them. There are only so many mediocre desserts you can eat and the atmosphere is about jockeying for who can get the best standing positions by the rail. We booked the first day you could book and were seated in the back row behind a poll. Yes, behind a poll. It was the worst thing we've done at Disney and would not do it again regardless of price. The Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise is far better. A little different, yes, but much better.

My party of 3 wasn't impressed either during Spring Break last year. The desserts just weren't all that great and the experience as a whole wasn't all we expected it to be (the long wait to even get in was ridiculously long and we thought we were getting there EARLY). We didn't mind having to leave our table for the fireworks. We knew it was part of the experience. We stood at the wall kinda to the side not directly on because it was the only spot available. It was also in front of a family that was seated nearby. They were pissed at my daughter and I for blocking 'their view' while they SAT at their table. (I also noted before I left for WDW that it was normal for folks to stand at the wall and if you had a table here then you would have to deal... so I held my ground.) I stood perfectly still so they could adjust accordingly and I stayed that way. I tried to be as courteous as I could. The mother? She caused my (teen) daughter to stumble as we walked back to our table. We both just blew it off. Some people....:sad2: We won't do it again.

We went last year & loved it! We got the very best table & I think we lucked out because no one stood in front of us. We were cozy & in our seats watching the fireworks while eating desserts. It seemed like no one really stood, which I was totally expecting after reading all the reviews, but it was so much more relaxing with most sitting. Our favorite was the chocolate dipped rice krispie treats! At that time they still had the mango shooters, crime brûlée, key lime pie, cheesecake, ice cream, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, & maybe a few other goodies if I recall.

We're back and I have mixed feelings about our experience at this dessert party. For what it costs I think they should provide heaters when it's cold. It was in the low 50's the night we went and everyone was freezing! I noticed on Raglan Road's patio (at Downtown Disney, we had a reservation there) they had these nice big heaters. Why couldn't they do that for the dessert party too? It would have been so much nicer to be warm! The desserts were nice though, better than I thought they might be. I didn't see any cold drinks, but then I wasn't looking for them...haha! They did have coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea. We did stand at the railing to watch fireworks, most everyone did but a few stayed at their table but I didn't hear any rumblings of complaints about it. We probably wouldn't do it again, but it was nice to do once. Just wish it would have been warmer on that patio!!!

We paid for this in November, and I agree, it was not worth it. Of course, all we got were desserts and no fireworks! There was terrible weather that night, and we waited and waited for the fireworks, but they had to postpone again and again due to lightning. We threw in the towel around 11. We'd sat in the dessert party area for over an hour and a half by then! We were later told they finally shot the fireworks about an hour later. Miserable evening all around, and I wouldn't pay for this again.

I expected the desserts to be lackluster, but I was not expecting no fireworks. Maybe the worst night of the trip. Next time I want to see the fireworks, I'll do it from Cali Grill. Even if the fireworks don't go off, at least I'll get good food!

We did this last month and enjoyed it. Here's why:

1. We didn't arrive until about 15 minutes before the castle projection show started. We were the last in, and it looked like many guests had been through the line already, so the dessert tables were relatively uncrowded for us.
2. It was cold, but we were bundled well enough that we were comfortable.
3. Our table was front row, and we knew people would stand at the railing so we weren't surprised or disappointed. We had a great view of the castle projection show.
4. The desserts were just OK, but our primarily reason for booking was to watch the fireworks in an uncrowded setting.
5. Tink!
6. Two of our boys are teens and our youngest son is 8 years old. We didn't need a spot next to the railing because our older boys could easily stand back and see. I held our youngest and he was sleepy anyway.
7. It was SO easy to leave the park after the fireworks. We sat at our table for another cup of coffee and then left through the backstage area behind Main Street, which they had opened to ease the post-Wishes crowding on the way out.

Our oldest commented right away that he would rather have higher quality desserts and less selection - we'll try the Illuminations Dessert Party next month and see if it fits that description. My favorite place to watch Wishes is the Poly lounge, but if the kids really wanted to see it in the park again, we'd probably book the dessert party.

The decrease in the number and quality of the desserts between October 2013 and November 2014 was truly disappointing. We are done with it.

I thought these old posts were very fun to read (I was looking for a recipe for Mango Shooters and got side-tracked). First time we went I believe we paid $21.99 per person (we were all "adults") - it used to be THE bargain at WDW yet look at all the people complaining - and now I see with the addition of alcohol the price has been raised to $99. Whew. At least there is a "child's" rate, unlike the World of Color Dessert Party in DL, where you have to pay $89 for a 3-year-old who is not going to eat anything. What a rip-off that is! (I just pay it to get a seat, being practically a thousand years old. I still remember the Balcony Seating for Fantasmic!, which we used to do every time we went, another great bargain at around $26 as I recall.) And almost everyone's favorite, the Mango Shooters, are long gone. How times change. I don't need alcohol in any Disney parks and I'm sure what they serve is not worth a $30 price increase. Looking at old pictures on the DFB, there was a lot more variety, as I remembered, although we did enjoy the new savory additions we had last year, the spinach dip and especially the taco spring rolls, which we loved. Almost made it worth the price increase. At least you can make it take the place of dinner. But not sure I can afford the new increase. I may have gone to my last WDW Dessert Party. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!