Tomorrowland expansion

disneysource11

Mouseketeer
Hello again, I’ve heard some new details about a possible Tomorrowland expansion in Magic Kingdom. It seems like they want to get rid of everything that isn’t futuristic, space themed or just plain stinks (Stitch).

- Wreck it Ralph or The Incredibles (would replace Stitch)

-- both rides are similar to Flight of Passage at Animal Kingdom

- Big Hero 6 (Monsters Inc)

-- this one is very influenced by many of the Fantasyland dark rides (especially Voyage of the Little Mermaid) in the Magic Kingdom

- Tron or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea coaster (Speedway)

-- both rides layouts would be based on the Tron coaster ride in Shanghai Disney.

Last edited:
OKay now this is getting rediculus.

WiR in Stitch has been basically killed by our regular insiders, but I would welcome Incredibles, they need a ride somewhere in WDW.
Have not heard ONE rumor on Mosters Inc. being at risk.

Tron Coaster has been dismissed for Speedway and WDW per many insiders. No way they would have two coasters that close together with SM right there.

WiR in Stitch has been basically killed by our regular insiders, but I would welcome Incredibles, they need a ride somewhere in WDW.

Tron Coaster has been dismissed for Speedway and WDW per many insiders. No way they would have two coasters that close together with SM right there.

I tend to agree. The Stitch building does not easily lend itself to any kind of ride. Rebuilding in that crowded area would be difficult. I have no comment on Monsters Inc. I think it still works and eats people, but again you are looking at an attraction space, not a ride space. Big Hero 6 has been rumored for EPCOT more than MK, but who knows?

As for Speedway, I think something goes there eventually. I don't dismiss the coaster as easily as others. BTMRR and Splash are close together. I don't see why you couldn't put two E-ticket rides in close proximity in Tommorowland. Tron or something else, I have no idea. But that space is too valuable to be used as it currently is on a ride found at every 2 bit amusement center in the United States.

I tend to agree. The Stitch building does not easily lend itself to any kind of ride. Rebuilding in that crowded area would be difficult. I have no comment on Monsters Inc. I think it still works and eats people, but again you are looking at an attraction space, not a ride space. Big Hero 6 has been rumored for EPCOT more than MK, but who knows?

As for Speedway, I think something goes there eventually. I don't dismiss the coaster as easily as others. BTMRR and Splash are close together. I don't see why you couldn't put two E-ticket rides in close proximity in Tommorowland. Tron or something else, I have no idea. But that space is too valuable to be used as it currently is on a ride found at every 2 bit amusement center in the United States.

Trolling level = 1,000.
The boards have an ignore feature :)

They need another big ticket attraction for Tomorrowland. It seems like at least 95% of the crowd in the morning goes to Fantasyland. So another coaster in this section seems like a likely option.

I’m all for this idea... or rumor

I dislike all of the attractions that are being replaced. "Stitch" is a cheap overlay of the past attractions that used to reside in its building (Alien Encounters). Everyone of the attractions that came before it are much better.

"Monsters Inc" is a silly kids show with corny jokes, bad effects and hard seats. Also it doesn’t fit the theme of Tomorrowland either. What does Monsters have to do with the future? Are we going to be taken over by monsters ala Planet of the Apes?

And last but certainly not least "Speedway" has always been awful. Who wants to control a car that is attached to a track. It’s not fun at all and much like Laugh Floor it doesn’t fit the theme of the land.

"Monsters Inc" is a silly kids show with corny jokes, bad effects and hard seats. Also it doesn’t fit the theme of Tomorrowland either. What does Monsters have to do with the future? Are we going to be taken over by monsters ala Planet of the Apes?

And last but certainly not least "Speedway" has always been awful. Who wants to control a car that is attached to a track. It’s not fun at all and much like Laugh Floor it doesn’t fit the theme of the land.

#1 is Blasphemy. Have you actually gone into that attraction? It's hilarious!!

I agree with both points in #2 even though I like Monsters, Inc.

However, whomever said there's no way there would be 2 coasters next to each other is incorrect, imo. There's a fair amount of space between the Space Mountain queue and the Speedway queue. I don't see them being "close" enough that it would be an issue.

#1 is Blasphemy. Have you actually gone into that attraction? It's hilarious!!

I agree with both points in #2 even though I like Monsters, Inc.

However, whomever said there's no way there would be 2 coasters next to each other is incorrect, imo. There's a fair amount of space between the Space Mountain queue and the Speedway queue. I don't see them being "close" enough that it would be an issue.
That's still pretty close to have two indoor coasters.

I can only tell you what I have seen from other more reputable insiders say...

1) Stitch is getting replaced, and for now WiR has been dropped, I have to admit the Incredibles would be good to see IMO.
2) I have seen no chatter at all on Monster's laugh floor. In fact I have seen more chatter on Buzz getting something new or revamped. That being said while I agree Moster's does not fit, I love the show and we do it everytime we are in MK.
3) By all reports there are three options for speedway - 1) revamp and left as speedway, 2) Speedway gone, and two attractions take its spot, 3) Tron ride of some kind, but by most insiders the cycle inside roller coaster has been dismissed.

Could they have two coasters side by side, absolutely and they have the space. But two INDOOR coasters, I just find hard to believe.

It's all a tad ridiculous, is it not?

Disney is buying stock back and fretting paying its tv contracts...

Redo tomorrowland at high expense when they literally are beating people away?

SURE!!! ...and rum for Everyone!!

I know trust the shovels but something is happening with Tomorrowland. Stitch is on it's last legs so at the very least they'll do something there.

Where have you been?

I know trust the shovels but something is happening with Tomorrowland. Stitch is on it's last legs so at the very least they'll do something there.

With all due respect...doing something with a useless stitch is NOT on the level of this flyer...and you know it.

The only attraction I think should get replaced is Stitch. Even in its Alien Encounter form, I thought the attraction idea was kinda meh. I guess to some degree you can also Buzz, don't care if it stays or goes either way. Point being, for all its flaws, MK's Tomorrowland is still in far better shape than DL's. I could see some of these ideas going over there instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter