Tomorrowland fire?

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
Just saw this on Facebook20200102_181255.jpg

I'm not sure how legit it is or if it's even smoke but I hope everybody is alright

Seems bad. A website that exists compiled a bunch of tweets from a bunch of different people about it so I think it’s legit.

Admittedly I don't know which sites can be mentioned or not!
Seems that things are already back up & moving again, so that's good.

Saw the ride is open but the moving walkway is not working (so guests have to walk up and down) ... Guessing motor on the walkway burned or something

That is good news. My gut reaction when I first saw was “I hope this isn’t the end of the people mover.” But now I’m worried it might be the end of yet another bouncy sidewalk. Peter Pan and HM are the only 2 others left I think and neither are quite the same as Space or PM.

Saw the ride is open but the moving walkway is not working (so guests have to walk up and down) ... Guessing motor on the walkway burned or something

Very likely, based on the color of the smoke. Same thing happened to one of the escalators at the Contemporary during our stay in May. The Grand Canyon Concourse was full of white, acrid smelling smoke, but they didn't evacuate everyone, just shut down the monorails and escalators and made everyone take the outer stairwells to get down to the ground level.

That is good news. My gut reaction when I first saw was “I hope this isn’t the end of the people mover.” But now I’m worried it might be the end of yet another bouncy sidewalk. Peter Pan and HM are the only 2 others left I think and neither are quite the same as Space or PM.
Buzz, Little Mermaid, and Nemo at Epcot are 3 more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!