Tonight I Made Bread Pudding With The Trails End Recipe

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
And boy it was good!

When I was at the Fort this past January 2017 to run the Disney Marathon (6H 57M btw), our poster SamRoc started a thread asking if anyone had the Bread Pudding Recipe from Trails End:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/bread-pudding-recipe-from-trails-end.3569968/

No one did so I walked over to TE and asked the morning manager if I could see the recipe for the bread pudding and the accompanying praline sauce and he was glad to share. The following two pictures are in the thread above but I will repeat them here:

20170109_110833.jpg 20170109_110855.jpg

Ever since I got back home, I've wanted to try to make a batch following the recipe above but if you look closely, they are industrial recipes. As in "16 pounds of bread pastries". So I tried to cut them both down to home scale.

So on this holiday weekend I cooked a batch of TE Bread Pudding and Praline Sauce alongside a slab of ribs. (hey it's a holiday weekend).

I will post the recipes that I used which are downsized from the original at the end of the post. But we start with bread (duh)...

20170903_164800.jpg
Oh by the way here were the ribs before they started cooking with the dry rub applied.

20170903_150407.jpg

Per the recipe, you mix all the wet ingredients with the spices and then combine them (the cinnamon smells good)

20170903_170430.jpg

Once combined they went into a sprayed 13x9 pan at 375F for 35 minutes.

20170903_170838.jpg

While they cooked I worked on the Praline sauce. I realized that the secret to the sauce is LOTS of butter and a taste of honey.

20170903_174854.jpg

The bread pudding came out looking fabulous:

20170903_175003.jpg

The ribs came out delicious and meety:

20170903_185211.jpg

The bread pudding was delicious but I would have to have it side by side with a TE batch to truly judge it. But it was delicious. No complaints at the table.

So here in the next post is the recipe for both the bread pudding and the praline sauce. Based on the industrial recipe above, I attempted to cut the bp recipe to one-sixteenth of the picture above and the sauce was one-eighth of its recipe above.

Bama Ed

The bread pudding was pretty in the bowl:

20170903_192225.jpg

TRAILS END PRALINE SAUCE (1/8 of industrial recipe above)
==================

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
2 oz water
1 tsp vanilla
2 sticks butter
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Heat sugar, syrup, and water in a pot to a low boil then turn down temp.
Cut in vanilla, butter, and honey and melt and mix. Stir in pecans and keep warm on lowest heat.

TRAILS END BREAD PUDDING (1/16 of industrial recipe above)
===========================================

1 pound bread cut into 1/2 inch cubes
8 oz heavy cream
8 oz milk (used some half-and-half I already had)
6 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/2+ cup raisins
1 TBS vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Cut the bread or pastries
Mix together the wet ingredients (cream, milk, eggs) plus spices (sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg) and raisins at the end
Combine dry and wet ingrediants and spoon into a sprayed 13x9 baking pan
Bake at 375F for 35 minutes in a conventional oven

As I say it was good and that was probably due to the memory of the TE bread pudding. There are lots of bp recipes out there but I'd like others to try a version of the TE and let us know how it turns out.

I'll be back to try the real thing at TE in less than two months. :tongue:

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Yum-my!! I do love bread pudding!!

Yikes! Two sticks butter??? That should coat the arteries!!! :faint:
No wonder it's so delicious!! :P

Last edited:
Ribs and bread pudding. I think you're on to something there! "Meat n Sweet"

Thanks Bama, I just HAD to make this after you posted, now I'm 3 lbs bigger!!:smooth: But, Dang was it good!!:worship:

Glad to see you opted to use the KARO syrup instead of the listed ingredient of KERO Syrup. Somehow I think the latter would have had a bit of an off putting taste. :D

Glad to see you opted to use the KARO syrup instead of the listed ingredient of KERO Syrup. Somehow I think the latter would have had a bit of an off putting taste. :D

Yes Paul, there's more than one typo in the recipes. But the prep cook at TE must know what it means. :teeth:

Now if BamaEd can get the Hoop Dee Doo fried chicken perfected before memorial day.....

I was wondering the same about the taste of the "Pecan PARLINE Sauce" lol

It all looks great, thanks for sharing! I love to make bread pudding and chocolate bread pudding.

Bama Ed, The bread pudding & ribs look delicious!! Thank you for sharing! Must make the bread pudding soon.
Glo

And boy it was good!

1) Most of the WDW recipes can be made or converted at home.
2) And, yes, they usually taste the same or very close to it.
3) I especially like the recipes for their "Mai Tai" and for their straight "Single Malt Scotch".
4) We have gotten pretty good at replicating both of these recipes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!