Too Fat? - Seaworld

Buffy6409

Earning My Ears
So I have put on a little weight since I last went 6 years ago and my mother (who had to do a walk of shame last time) asked if I would fit on everything - now we're going in like two weeks, so I am panicking because what if I don't? I was fine before but my stomach is bigger and my chest has developed more, the joys of coming completely out of teen years!

My main worries for Seaworld are Mako and Kraken I think, but I'll add Manta in there too, the other's should be fine since my mother fit on them (and she is a bigger lady than me). Any info for Busch Gardens would be helpful too, if possible!

Anyhow, my measurements;
- 5’4
- 255lbs
- Chest: 46”-47”/44D (not squished at all)
- Size 20 (US)/ 24(UK) on bottom
- Waist (smallest part under my stomach): 46”
- Belly: fluctuates, but 50”-52 ish (sucking in or sitting upright, which I would do on the rides, it's mostly at the 50 mark but I'm aware that I have issues handling my weight so the extra is a safe room)
- Hips: 50”-51”
- Thighs: 28” each at largest point

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe you could contact SeaWorld & ask them if there are size restrictions for their rides? I'm thinking you'll be fine & I wish you a wonderful trip!

For safety reasons most rides do have restrictions. At the start of the line for each ride, there are test seats to see if a guest can safely fit for each ride (well for Kraken, Manta, and Mako I know this to be true, not sure about Journey to Atlantis or Wild Arcitc). This way you can decide to not wait in line or possibly be embarrassed if you don't fit.

I do know that SeaWorld has had several complaints about the seats in Mako being very small, and many are turned away from that ride for safety reasons.

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks!

Just a quick update really, Seaworld was mostly fine for me. We started with Manta, which I was a little worried about and I still am to be fair. - even though I did ride it! There was a moment when I didn’t think it would click but I shifted a little and it all clicked into place. I didn’t quite feel safe when it swung us around so we were laid flat, I kept imagining it breaking and me just falling but I fit and I could do it again without the worry.

Next up was Kraken the shoulder harness clicked but I couldn’t put the seatbelt in on my own, I ended up waiting for the man to push it down for me a little. If there was just another centimeter or two I would have had it on my own. The guy was nice and pushed on the harness a bit and when I was all clicked in and he let go it went right back to where it was so it was just that bit of embarrassment. I was sat in the front row, so it wasn’t a huge ‘crap I’m too fat’ moment since I didn't try the big boy seats. I did half expect to be kicked off. Now I will say that I did wedge myself into the seat. I think if I was sat in the middle by the box I could have sat in a little better since I’m short and I had to almost jump back into the seat, so I’ll try sitting by the box for a step up next time and let you know.

That day, I did avoid mako. We had eaten and I was still a little upset about Kraken if I’m honest. That didn’t help when my dad and brother went on and came back with a “I’m not being mean but you might not fit on, they kicked three people off before us”. I didn’t want I sit in the test seat but the next time we went a few days later, they did get me to try the test seat. It clicked but hearing through sites we needed three clicks I was still a little hesitant. I did give it a go though, I got it to click, it wouldn’t move, my dad asked if I wanted it clicking again, because I was fidgeting and trying to push it down more. I said yes and he managed to pull it down again from next to me where he was all buckled in already. I think next time I won’t have him pull it down again, and see if it is all alright. Mako was a fun ride though, I felt like I would fly out of the seat but it was a load of fun.

I had no issues with Journey to Atlantis or Wild Arctic (also infinity falls!). Journey to Atlantis has a lapbar, but again, no issue at all. Wild Arctic and Infinity Falls have a seat belt. Wild Arctic's is an actual pull out seatbelt like a car in a way, which my mother fit on as well, and she is bigger than me, I don't know how much though. Infinity Falls, you share a seat belt with another person, myself and another adults (granted a thin one) did fit on together, so I don't think this is too much of an issue either, especially if you're sat next to a child or even on your own.

We did Busch Gardens too, which was a different experience, but the whole group was in a bit of a bad mood so that did impact me, I only did two rides at Busch Gardens, but it was very much like Kraken, the overhead harness was a pain, and I needed that extra little push to buckle it all up fine and dandy. I did try and get a bigger seat for Kumba, but the line just misplaced me, so I still don't know about that, I will get around to trying it though! I am determined and if it lets me ride without the embarrassment of them helping me, then I'm all for it, screw the family! SHEIKRA and Kumba I rode that day, and I will see about trying the others out when we go back.

OP i salute you for being comfortable in your own skin! Great to hear that you were able to experience the rides on your list.

For better or worse, the population’s average body size is increasing. I really wish the ride designers would take this into consideration. The overhead harness systems seem to be the main issue. If it’s feasibly safe, sure would nice if they would consider spending some $ to retrofit a few cars to accommodate more people!

Even if you are within recommended weight allowance for your height, having an athletic build for men (barrel chested) or being a well endowed woman can create issues riding. Two of my adults DS are big boys, it was upsetting they couldn’t get the right clicks on more than a few of U & SW’s rides.

Specifically, i was wondering about Infinity falls, thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!