Too many choices short on time

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
looking to stay for 2 nights in August 2019 before a cruise and keep flip flopping too many choices! Our plans tentatively will be fly in around mid morning day of our twins 7 birthday. Dinner at hoop dee and watch HE from hotel. Next morning a hotel character breakfast and mnsshp.
I had originally thought to rent dvc points to stay at VGF or poly but I’m a control freak and worried about securing a Reservation as well as the studio set up. Will I have to make the couch bed, are there sheets, is it comfortable to sleep on? I also feel guilty as we booked the cruise through a TA and mentioned possibly booking through her.

Our other option is to get a room at either the contemporary garden wing or wilderness lodge. Sorry for the length what would be the pros/cons of these choices?

Will I have to make the couch bed, are there sheets, is it comfortable to sleep on?

There are sheets. It is generally already made. It's comfortable enough.

I also feel guilty as we booked the cruise through a TA and mentioned possibly booking through her.

You don't have to use the TA for everything. She's made her cut on the cruise.

If you're wanting to do Hoop Dee Doo and watch the fireworks from the hotel, I'd actually recommend either a studio at BLT (via point rental)/a room at the Contemporary or a room at Wilderness Lodge/point rental for a studio at Boulder Ridge Villas. The mechanics of going from VGF to HDD are kind of a nuisance, and getting back to see the fireworks as well. It's more convenient from either Wilderness Lodge/BRV or from Contemporary via the boat launches.

(Copper Creek Villas is also DVC at Wilderness Lodge, but it is harder to rent points for CCV since it is new, and studios are in relatively short supply there. Plus, I am a BRV loyalist. The studios are larger there anyway.)

There are sheets. It is generally already made. It's comfortable enough.

You don't have to use the TA for everything. She's made her cut on the cruise.

If you're wanting to do Hoop Dee Doo and watch the fireworks from the hotel, I'd actually recommend either a studio at BLT (via point rental)/a room at the Contemporary or a room at Wilderness Lodge/point rental for a studio at Boulder Ridge Villas. The mechanics of going from VGF to HDD are kind of a nuisance, and getting back to see the fireworks as well. It's more convenient from either Wilderness Lodge/BRV or from Contemporary via the boat launches.

(Copper Creek Villas is also DVC at Wilderness Lodge, but it is harder to rent points for CCV since it is new, and studios are in relatively short supply there. Plus, I am a BRV loyalist. The studios are larger there anyway.)
The mechanics of going from VGF to HDD are kind of a nuisance, and getting back to see the fireworks as well.
Do you think it would be difficult if we used uber from the POLY or VGF. I like the idea of a studio at BLT but I checked out the 360 thing on David's site and it seems so small. I forget that WL has DVC. I wonder how difficult BRV would be to get... Also where would you watch HE from BRV?

Bay lake Studios are indeed small. You have 4 with you? If the twins are cool about sharing the sofa bed my cousin has assured me it’s very comfy. And if you’re a close family, well, it’s not like the stateroom on the shop is going to be giant. :)

Housekeeping at several resorts have told me that the norm is that they make up the sofa bed for the new room occupants. They do then close it up, but since the norm is making the bed, when you open it it’s new sheets.

Do you think it would be difficult if we used uber from the POLY or VGF. I like the idea of a studio at BLT but I checked out the 360 thing on David's site and it seems so small. I forget that WL has DVC. I wonder how difficult BRV would be to get... Also where would you watch HE from BRV?

Uber and Lyft will not be terribly helpful to get to HDDR as they cannot drop you off near Pioneer Hall and you'd have to take an internal Ft. W bus. If you stay at Poly or VGF, your best bet is to take a boat to MK and then take a boat to Ft. W OR take a Minnie Van ($25 through the lyft app) to get you closer to Pioneer Hall.

As PP noted, it's much easier to get to Ft. W from WL (the resort, CCV or BRV) and CR (and BLT). You can't really get a clear view of the MK fireworks from CCV or BRV. There are good views of the high fireworks from WL standard CL rooms (even numbered room side), but it that's out of your budget and BLT doesn't appeal, I would definitely consider a CR Garden Wing room. They are quite spacious, you will be close to the CR/Ft. W boat dock and you can see the fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck at CR. Or just deal with the boat ride from Poly or GF to MK and Ft. W. If you do the earliest HDDR show, you would have no problem getting back to your resort to see HEA.

Booking at 11 months for August I would expect no difficulty getting BRV as a DVc rental. CCV is more of an issue, being only 45% sold.

Uber and Lyft will not be terribly helpful to get to HDDR as they cannot drop you off near Pioneer Hall and you'd have to take an internal Ft. W bus. If you stay at Poly or VGF, your best bet is to take a boat to MK and then take a boat to Ft. W OR take a Minnie Van ($25 through the lyft app) to get you closer to Pioneer Hall.

As PP noted, it's much easier to get to Ft. W from WL (the resort, CCV or BRV) and CR (and BLT). You can't really get a clear view of the MK fireworks from CCV or BRV. There are good views of the high fireworks from WL standard CL rooms (even numbered room side), but it that's out of your budget and BLT doesn't appeal, I would definitely consider a CR Garden Wing room. They are quite spacious, you will be close to the CR/Ft. W boat dock and you can see the fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck at CR. Or just deal with the boat ride from Poly or GF to MK and Ft. W. If you do the earliest HDDR show, you would have no problem getting back to your resort to see HEA.
Thanks for the Uber tip! We’ve only done it from poly to boardwalk and it was so convient!

I love Bay Lake Tower, I've only booked through Disney not rented points, but the view of Magic Kingdom is amazing. We'd watch the fireworks every night from the balcony, it was really nice not having to deal with the crowds and go to sleep a few minutes later. Walking to Magic Kingdom is also really great and can only be done from BLT or Contemporary. I've stayed in the one-bedroom villas, I've heard that the studio rooms are small though so that is something to consider. If you do a room at Contemporary you'll get two real beds and still a view of the fireworks. It's also really cool to see the monorail go through your hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter