• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Too many TS meals!! Keep or cancel?

Fionasmommy

DIS Veteran
We're on DDP but the more I research, the more TS restaurants I find that we need to try! :goodvibes

I can't decide if we should keep them all, and pay OOP for 2 meals, or cancel two of them :guilty: and use the CS credits we have for those meals.

Chef Mickey (dinner)
Kona Cafe (dinner)
CRT (lunch - already paid OOP)
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Le Cellier (dinner)
Ohana (dinner)
Akershus Princess Storybook (breakfast)
Garden Grille (dinner)
Coral Reef (dinner)
Whispering Canyon (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)

What would you do?

We are visiting WDW in Aug and including Hoop-Dee-Doo which is 2TS credits, we have 13 TS meals for 10 days. We are fortunately on the free dining plan so it was perfectly fine with us to pay for a few OOP meals. If I could afford to pay the extra meals, I would do them. This is your vacation. Would you be worry about paying the extra cost during your vacation? If it would stress you, don't do it. If the cost isn't an issue, then I say go for it.

My advice would be to keep the extra ADR's

When we were on the dining plan last year we found that sometimes one of us was not hungry enough to eat a full meal. So they might have an appy and share a dessert. Because of this, over the 9 days we were there we were able to eat two 2 credit meals, with no oop expense except for an extra drink now and then.

The other possibility is that you will find that you do not want to drop what you are doing and go eat, so you may decide to skip a meal. There will be almost no ADR's or walk up tables avaliable by the time you are at WDW, so if you didn't have an extra ADR or two some credits might go to waste.

It depends on how much you think you can eat. I found that if we scheduled more than one TS meal in a day, a lot of food at the second table service meal that day got wasted. :(

I would keep them, the only one I would think of cancelling wpould be the Aukerhouse one as you already have princesses at CRT and Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare.

Since you asked what I would do: I'd cancel 1 of the princess meals since you have 3, and either Garden Grill (you have alot of character meals) or Coral Reef (neat place to do once but nothing too special IMHO) or Kona if you aren't staying at the Poly.

What you should do is a totally different question and the answer varies on where you're staying, how many people in your family, how many trips you've had to WDW and future plans, and if it's in the budget to pay OOP and possibly not be able to use up your CS. You'll have a great trip no matter what you decide, I understand the temptation of TS especially with the Dis dining board :rotfl2:

Calie

Fionasmommy said:
We're on DDP but the more I research, the more TS restaurants I find that we need to try! :goodvibes

I can't decide if we should keep them all, and pay OOP for 2 meals, or cancel two of them :guilty: and use the CS credits we have for those meals.

Chef Mickey (dinner)
Kona Cafe (dinner)
CRT (lunch - already paid OOP)
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Le Cellier (dinner)
Ohana (dinner)
Akershus Princess Storybook (breakfast)
Garden Grille (dinner)
Coral Reef (dinner)
Whispering Canyon (dinner)
Crystal Palace (breakfast)

What would you do?
I am having the same dillema! I am 2 TS over at this point. I have thought of paying for at least one oop and canceling the other. I figured out that one of our character breakfast meals would be the best to pay oop. You are eating at a lot of the same places we are! Great choices! ;)

We have more TS meals than credits. We really enjoy sit down meals. Since the credits are pooled, we are going to use our TS credits to pay for all of the adult meals and the most expensive kids meals (1900 Park Faire, Boma, etc..) and only pay out of pocket for the cheaper, chicken strips, kids meals.

For now, keep all the ressies. You might find that you have plenty of food and decide to share some--like 3 meals feeding 4 people. In this case, you may have all the credits you need. Secondly, you can always decide to cancel one or more even on the same day as the ressie--you may find that you are eating way more food than you want/need. Do be polite and cancel so that someone else can use the spot if this is your decision.

The one that I'd probably cancel is the princess breakfast--you have 1900 Park Fare and the Castle. I find that a character breakfast and a TS dinner is way too much food in one day.

Since you got the ressies you want, I'd keep them till I was at WDW and see how it was going with the amount of food, etc. You can always cancel later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter