Too much BBQ on the menu! An Aug 2018 Trip Report *Day 4 continued - 8/14*

Is Day 1 over??

Nope! We can't leave before late EMH!!

View attachment 363084 View attachment 363085
View attachment 363086
We had to check out Toy Story Land all lit up, and thought we would see if we could get our first rides on the new rides during EMH.
After getting a few pictures at the entrance, we got in line for TSM. EMH had just started, and standby was posted at a 50 minute wait. We waited only 25 minutes and were on.
View attachment 363087
Not bad scores for our first ride, although DH always feels he should have done better and should have scored well over 350,000 points :rotfl:
At 11:10pm we entered the line for AS2. I don't remember what the posted wait time was, I think around 20 minutes or so. This wait was really bad. One side or the other kept stopping, so the line was not moving. We tried to keep distracted (awake)
View attachment 363088 View attachment 363089
Had a little fun :rotfl:
We ended up waiting almost 50 minutes :eek: :crowded: :faint: But stuck it out and eventually got to ride. DH wasn't excited about this one, but we agreed we would do it once to experience it. And once we got off we both agreed that it wouldn't be a ride we would "need" to do each trip. But I'm glad we did it, it was cute. Wasn't happy about having to wait in line so long, but things happen :confused3

So after that ride, it was now midnight, and we entered the line for SDD. Posted standby wait time was 45 minutes. We waited a total of 33 minutes before it was our turn to ride. Loved this one!

Of course, EMH were over by the time we rode SDD, so it was finally time to head back to our resort. After the mile-long walk to the bus stop (seriously felt like it was forever. My notes say "5 miles!" :rotfl:), a bus arrived right away and we were headed back to AS Sports. Arrived at the resort at 1:07am. And that is officially the end of the longest day ever!! :faint::faint: I can't believe how much we accomplished on our first day, and that we actually managed to stay awake for late EMH at DHS.

Food totals (if OOP):
Yak & Yeti: $9.05
Flame Tree: $30.61
Dockside Diner: $19.68
ABC: $59.18
Hollywood Scoops: $7.23
Total (if OOP): $125.75 vs QSDP: $104.98 = saved $20.77

I wish my family could suck up being tired and getting through the parks like you do!!!!! Had so much fun reading about your first day, can't wait to keep reading! Also big thanks for posting your food totals! I love seeing how worth it the plan can be! :love:

Wow you had a great morning! Four rides on Soarin' and two on FEA with low waits :thumbsup2
I do love early mornings in the parks but I enjoy nights too, and the older I get the more I like sleeping in ::yes:: So I 've tried to rotate our last couple trips with an early morning plus late night then sleeping in and doing another late night, but DH is always up super early so I feel bad sleeping in!

A little over 2.5 months until our International Disney/visit DH's birth mother trip. We have 2 of the 4 flights booked, still waiting on my passport to get here so we can book the last 2 flights. Booked our hotel stay and park tickets (Disney package) for the Tokyo portion, still waiting to see if other package deals come out before we book HKDL. It's very overwhelming trying to plan this vacation, since it's in 3 different countries I've never been to before! :headache::crazy2:
Anywho. I am hoping I can finish this TR before we leave for that trip, so that means I need to get my butt moving! :rolleyes:

Day 2, we just left Epcot after a pretty productive morning, and arrived at Magic Kingdom.
2018-08-18 13.45.03.jpg 2018-08-18 13.48.20.jpg
Saw those 2 as we were headed into Fantasyland, going back out to their meet and greet. I tried to get Pooh to see the little guy on my backpack, but he didn't.
We were headed to one of the few places that we make ADR's for, BOG!
2018-08-18 13.51.13.jpg 2018-08-18 14.08.24.jpg
We ordered: Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style) and wanted French Onion Soup, however we were told that it no longer counts as a snack credit...??? A manager did come by our table later and say something about soup still being a snack credit but not advertised as such. She offered to bring us a soup, which she did. We were never charged for it, so it was nice of her to bring one out for us. I love their braised pork! So good. For our beverage, we chose the fountain drink, and filled the cup up several times before our meal was finished.
2018-08-18 14.13.03.jpg 2018-08-18 14.54.28.jpg
I just love getting pictures inside the castle every time we eat there :lovestruc
After eating, instead of checking wait times on the app (which we should have done....) we headed over to Tomorrowland for our FP+ at Space Mountain. However, once we arrived we found out that Space was down, our FP had become an anytime FP. Would have save us that walk over there if we would have checked our app before leaving the restaurant. Oh well. More steps, right? :rotfl2:
We went back to Fantasyland and decided to ride VotLM, used our next FP+ for Peter Pan, then waited in line about 30 minutes for WtP.
2018-08-18 15.30.54.jpg 2018-08-18 15.33.10.jpg 2018-08-18 16.35.06.jpg
Up next was our FP+ for 7DMT. We got the first car on the train, so fun! DH added our next FP for Splash Mountain.
MK_MINETRAIN_20180818_8259790202.jpeg Love this picture!! :lovestruc:lovestruc
Then we went to Pinocchio Village Haus to use a snack credit and got some breadsticks.

I'm at my picture limit, so I will continue our day at Magic Kingdom soon! Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

I love the pork dish at BoG as well, I alternate that with the Turkey sandwich!

I love your mine train picture, is that Pooh you are holding? Very cute!

I wish my family could suck up being tired and getting through the parks like you do!!!!! Had so much fun reading about your first day, can't wait to keep reading! Also big thanks for posting your food totals! I love seeing how worth it the plan can be! :love:

Thanks for following along! You're welcome, we put some effort into it when planning, although we did stray from DH's planned meals a few times. We tried to get items that were on the higher end price to make it more worth it.

Wow you had a great morning! Four rides on Soarin' and two on FEA with low waits :thumbsup2
I do love early mornings in the parks but I enjoy nights too, and the older I get the more I like sleeping in ::yes:: So I 've tried to rotate our last couple trips with an early morning plus late night then sleeping in and doing another late night, but DH is always up super early so I feel bad sleeping in!

It was a great morning, after the foot race to the Land :rotfl2::crazy2: We used to do RD to park close every night, but as we get older our nights are ending earlier, although we do still manage a few days of late nights.

I miss the warm weather, looking at your pictures. I will never complain again about the heat, lol!

Me too! I'm definitely ready for this winter to be over!

I love the pork dish at BoG as well, I alternate that with the Turkey sandwich!

I love your mine train picture, is that Pooh you are holding? Very cute!

Yes, that's Pooh! When DH went to Shanghai DL last spring, he brought home a couple little bag clips. We decided to take Pooh with us, so he rode around on my backpack all week.
2018-08-18 11.50.03.jpg
There were a few times I tried to hold him up so he'd be in the pictures :lovestruc

Wow, I have sucked at posting in this TR! But I brought my laptop to work today for two reasons: to try to fix whatever is wrong with Microsoft Office, and to post an update (or two). Looks like I've fixed Office, yay! Now I can update my spreadsheet with the rest of our flight information and get working on plans for our Asia Disney trip, which is coming up fast! Just over a month to go! ... Is it still too early to start packing?? :rotfl:

Anywho, on with the TR!
If I remember correctly, we went to Pinocchio Village Haus for some breadsticks
Up next was Splash Mountain, using a 4th+ FP+, we waited about 15 minutes. DH got us a FP+ for Pirates next, so we went to Adventureland and enjoyed visiting Cap'n Jack Sparrow :goodvibes
Since we were in Adventureland, we decided to use another snack credit at Sunshine Tree Terrace. We tried a:
Citrus Swirl Float
Classic Frozen Orange Juice Slushy and Vanilla Soft-serve Ice Cream with Orange Soda
2018-08-18 18.32.39.jpg

I wasn't too sure about this when we ordered it, but I thought it was really good! Very refreshing on a hot day!
Then we went back to FantasyLand to use our next FP+ at it's a small world. We don't normally use a FP+ for this ride, but will if it is later in the day and the start time is close to the current time. It was nice to have this time, because the standby wait was posted at 30 minutes! We were on a boat in about 5 minutes.
2018-08-18 18.57.52.jpg
Not sure why DH's name didn't come up. Happened a few times on this trip that just one of us got on the boards. :confused3

Next was dinner at Columbia Harbor House. I'm pretty sure I did Mobile Order and we went upstairs to grab a table while we waited for the notification that our food was ready.
We ordered:
2018-08-18 19.52.49.jpg
Trio Platter
a combination of Fried Shrimp, Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets and Battered Fish served with Hushpuppies and a choice of Green Beans & Carrots, Apple Slices or French Fries
And a lemonade slushy. Not a ton of food, but it was good! Always like our meals here. While we were eating, @disneyAndi14 were texting, hoping we could meet and say "hi" :wave:
IMG_Dec152018at73224AM.jpg
She shared our picture in her TR months ago, but I'm going to share it again. It was great meeting you, Caroline!! Hopefully our trips will overlap again at some point so we can talk again :chat:

After that, we headed over to Tomorrowland to use a FP+ for Space Mountain. Then we rode Buzz Lightyear, because that had a short wait. I like TSM a lot better than this one, so we don't ride it as often. The spinning of this ride makes me a little dizzy. And I can never see where my laser is shooting :rotfl2:
2018-08-18 21.30.15.jpg
I think this was my score.
2018-08-18 21.30.22.jpg
Must be DH's score, since the picture is at an angle :rotfl2: Not very often that I beat him. Pure luck, since I don't know what I'm shooting at with this game. I very rarely beat him on TSM.
We were going to do People Mover next, but there was a very long line, and it wasn't moving very fast. So we did Space Mountain standby, which was posted at 30 minute wait. We ended up waiting about 45 minutes.
Then we did one of my favorite things (I think my DH does this on purpose, so we get more steps in, or something :rotfl:), we left Tomorrowland and went ALL the way across the park to Frontierland to ride BTMR with a FP+. DH was able to get a second FP+ for BTMR while we were in line, so we rode it a second time before heading out to the buses to take us back to AS Sports.

Food totals (if OOP):
Lotus Blossom Cafe: $18.44
Be Our Guest: $20.98
Pinocchio Village Haus: $4.99
STT: $5.79
CHH: $19.98
Total (if OOP): $70.18 vs QSDP $104.98 = we didn't do nearly as well this day, but only used 2 snacks and shared meals. Other days should be better (I think...)

It was fun meeting you! I remember it was a hot busy night at MK, I rode Peter Pan after visiting with you and headed out!

How exciting for your Asia trip coming up soon! I hope you two have an awesome trip, safe and happy travels!!

2.5 weeks until we leave for Hong Kong Disneyland!! Getting very excited for the trip. Will be lots of fun! We started packing yesterday (I had already been gathering some toiletries before this weekend), toiletries, meds, food are all packed. And I have my shirts/shorts packed. It's going to be here before we know it! :dancer:Oh, and our newest niece was born last Thursday! She's so precious :love:
71016.jpeg
71017.jpeg
Very proud big brother

I'll try to post an update tonight :goodvibes

So much for an update :rotfl: I might eventually finish this trip.
Had to share another pic of my niece. She has the most adorable grumpy face I've ever seen :love::rotfl2:
71412.jpeg
Mean mugging her mama :rotfl:

FB_IMG_1556509843395.jpg
Hope everyone has a good week!

It's PhotoPass Day!!
We had already made all of our plans for DHS and MK before we knew what the extras were going to be for Photopass day. We liked the extras at the other 2 parks better, but we were not going to change our plans around for some pictures :rotfl:
2018-08-19 05.55.16.jpg 2018-08-19 06.32.36.jpg
DHS had early EMH, so we arrived at the park just after 6am, and the bus driver was nice and let us off at the closest stop, which was still 5 miles away from the entrance:rotfl2: But we eventually made it to the tapstiles, where DH was first in line at one. 6:30am we were let into the park and held in front of Starbucks until 6:45, when the CMs started walking everyone to TSL. First ride of the day, of course, was on SDD.
2018-08-19 06.49.55.jpg
Then TSM, which was a walk-on the first time through
2018-08-19 06.59.03.jpg 2018-08-19 07.06.48.jpg
DH got the high score of the hour and the day with that one! Of course, the high score for the day probably didn't last very long, but it was cool to see. :cheer2:
The second time through TSM, we had about a 10-15 minute wait. And we didn't score as well that time.
2018-08-19 07.36.30.jpg 2018-08-19 07.37.34.jpg STUDIO_TOYSTORYLANDBUZZ_20180819_412996652679.jpg
After a few pictures of the area and a pic with Buzz, we did TSM a third time. Standby was posted at 45 minutes, but we were off to the races in less than 10 minutes. A fourth time through TSM, and my arm was done. DH would probably do that ride all day long if the wait times weren't too bad and I would let him, but my arm can't take it! :rotfl:
Eventually we made it over to RNR, where we were able to ride twice, essentially walking on both times.
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180819_412996887650.jpg
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20180819_412997119050.jpg
Fun times :rotfl:

Wait times started to pick up after our second ride, as it was after 9am by that point.

Up next, more of our morning at DHS.

Photopass Day, DHS continued...
Our favorite Tower of Terror was up next, with our first ride up to our room being on a half-empty elevator.
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_20180819_8259942713.jpeg
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_20180819_8259946697.jpeg
So many people not paying attention in that one :rotfl:
STUDIO_SUNSET_20180819_412997470151.jpg
We got this pic on Sunset Blvd, either on the way down to ride RNR/TOT or on the way back to TSL, I'm not sure. But after that we went back to TSL to do TSM yet again :faint: Standby wait time was posted at 40 minutes, but we only waited about 20.
2018-08-19 10.34.21.jpg

I was getting pretty hungry by this point, and PizzeRizzo was just opening, so I did a mobile order for the
Meat Lover's Pizza

Meat Lover's Pizza topped with Sausage and Pepperoni served with a small Caesar Salad
and
Frozen Italian Margarita

blended with Caravella Lemonciello, Orange Juice, Lime and Sweet-and-Sour featuring Cuervo Gold Tequila
2018-08-19 10.38.15.jpg This was sooo good!! Very tasty Margarita.
After eating we went over to the Muppets to see when the next show would be starting, which was only 5 minutes away, so we decided to wait for the show. 2018-08-19 11.39.20.jpg
STUDIO_MUPPET_20180819_412999176574.jpg And found a Magic Shot on our way out!
Then we stopped at the Oasis Canteen for a snack, which might be one of the best values for a snack credit on the dining plan...
2018-08-19 11.47.28.jpg 2018-08-19 11.47.30.jpg

Funnel Cake with Strawberry Topping and Soft-serve Vanilla Ice Cream for DH and for myself:
Funnel Cake with Cookies 'n Cream and Soft-serve Vanilla Ice Cream. These, of course, were delicious! But a lot of food to try to eat an entire one by oneself (I couldn't do it). ... Disney's website says dining plans are not accepted here, but we were able to use snack credits for these, so I would check the menu to see if the snack credit symbol is still there.
We headed out of DHS after eating these, as we had FP's at MK starting soon.
STUDIO_ENTRCHAR2_20180819_413000664028.jpg We saw Daisy and Donald out and about so we had to stop for a few pictures!

Up next: Photopass Day at MK

We made it to the bus stop for MK about 10 minutes to 1:00. It was super hot, so a nice bus driver for a chartered bus offered to let us sit in his air-conditioned bus and he would let us know when the MK bus arrived. The air conditioning was soo nice!! We only had to wait about 10 minutes for a bus, then we were loaded up and on our way to MK!
MK_PARTLEFT_20180819_413005820194.jpg
First up was our FP+ for 7DMT!
MK_MINETRAIN_20180819_8260047682.jpeg
Then our FP+ for PP. Love both of those rides! :love:
BOG for lunch in between fastpasses...were we even hungry after those ice cream funnel cakes at DHS??? Not really, but we had the reservation. And split a meal, which helped
2018-08-19 14.27.08.jpg
Sooo good! Love the food here!
While we were at BOG, DH realized he no longer had his hat, and we couldn't find it in the backpack...after some thinking, we came to the conclusion that he must have left it on 7DMT. So after we finished eating, we went back over there so he could talk to the CM's and see if anyone found it. They said if it had been found, it would have been taken to lost and found at city hall, but it wasn't with a CM at the attraction. Well, we had another FP+ to get to before it expired, so we went to ride Space Mountain next. But first we stopped for a few pictures
MK_OMNIDROID_20180819_413007790823.jpg
MK_TOMSPACE_20180819_412995445156.jpg MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_20180819_412995481991.jpg
🤷‍♀️😂🤣
After our trip to space we went to city hall, and they had DH's hat, which was good. So glad we were able to find it!
Then I made DH do some more of the Photopass day pictures!
MK_TOMLANDPURPLEWALL_20180819_413004680959.jpg
MK_SBCDUMBOVEHICLEICON_20180819_413005002023.jpg
MK_PARTLEFT_20180819_413005820191.jpg
MK_SUNSHINETTICON_20180819_413005397250.jpg
Up next: Some more Photopass Day and a few more rides!

Continuing with Photopass Day, we got a few pics in front of Jungle Cruise
MK_JUNGLECRUISESIGN_20180819_413005446415.jpg
Then we went to watch Tiki Birds, as the next show was just getting ready to start. We don't do this every trip, but we will pop in if it's a short wait to the next show time. It's a nice little break from the heat.
Next was a FP+ for HM. Looking forward to trying to find where the ride photo is on our next trip! I have seen a few funny ride photos so far. Can't wait to see what ours look like. :rotfl:
I needed something cool to help deal with the heat, so I got a root beer float from Storybook Treats
2018-08-19 17.09.43.jpg
It definitely hit the spot!
While I ate/drank my cold treat, we headed over to PM, for a ride above Tomorrowland.
2018-08-19 17.26.43.jpg 2018-08-19 17.26.26.jpg
So nice to get a chance to put my feet up :rotfl2: Pooh enjoyed the ride/rest as well.

After PM we went to Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. We enjoy this. Loved it one trip a few years ago, DH was "that guy" :rotfl:

I don't remember when we stopped for this picture, but it's super cute, and has our favorite mouse, so I have to share it:
MK_FNTSYBRG_20180819_413006636197.jpg
I'm not very good at looking where the CM tells us, obviously :rotfl:

We did PP with a FP+ and then went to Philharmagic. Love that show! We try to do it at least once every trip.
We went to Pinocchio Village Haus for dinner, and got a flatbread and blue raspberry slushy. I didn't put in my notes which flatbread, but from the picture it looks like a mac 'n cheese one, which doesn't seem to be on the menu any longer :confused3
2018-08-19 19.23.40.jpg
But it was good! :thumbsup2
We decided to head out after that, and ended up getting a little more food from the food court at AS Sports.
2018-08-19 21.09.23.jpg
The Chicken Penne Alfredo and a smoothie. The pasta was okay, I don't remember it being anything great, somewhat dry. The smoothie was good.

That rounds out Day 3!!

Food Totals (if OOP):
  • PizzeRizzo: $23.24
  • Oasis Canteen: $16.98
  • Be Our Guest: $20.98
  • Storybook Treats: $5.49
  • Pinocchio Village Haus: $17.48
  • End Zone Food court: $18.28
  • TOTAL (if OOP): $102.45 vs QSDP $104.98 = we were so close to being ahead! I'll call that a win for the day. Good use of the QSDP for us, using 4 meals and 3 snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!