Too Much Disney????

ls1222

DIS Veteran
We have been to Disney in 2000 and again last Sept (2002). We thought we would return again next year (2004) BUT, I am trying to talk my husband in going back this September, he thinks it may not be as exciting as we were just there last year. For everyone that goes alot or once a year, how do you feel about this? I thought we could add a couple days at Universal to just for change. We have 3 children and our son will be in 4th grade in the 04/05 school year, that is another reason I thought this Sept would be better. Thanks!!!!

Personally speaking - THE MOUSE RULES! - We have 3 WDW vacations planned for 2003 - two w/the kids 1 w/o the kids. I am not the least bit tired of WDW - Each time we go we find something new/different to do - some of it at WDW and some of it not. I enjoy each and every moment of our vacations. So I say GO!:p

Each time we go we find something new to enjoy at WDW, so it really doesn't get old for us. That said, I'm much more a fan of the parks than DH is, and he does tend to burn out on the main fare and want some of the more unique offerings.

I've taken to booking things like the Parasailing, the Richard Petty Driving Experience and the like so that he always has something new and exciting to look forward to. We also tend to spend more time at Epcot, watching the street entertainment in each park, and taking mid-day breaks than we used to.

If you can plan some out-of-the-parks activities (and yes, Universal and IOA will help!), it will 'freshen up' the trip for you and give you something new to look forward to.

As long as you can afford it, do it. In the world we live in, Disney's fantasies provide a safe place to come home to.

I agree with the previous posts. There is always something new to see. My kids love riding the rides and seeing the shows over and over. For me, it seems to get more fun each time we go.

I am sorry, but I CAN'T go to the central Florida area without dropping by to visit the MOUSE! As someone else said... "the Mouse rules", and there is no substitute. In fact, because I feel that way, we have never done anything BUT Disney in Central Florida! We went 3 times last year, and are going again in March. Then we were moving down there in June. I figure that is when I will venture out to some of the other attractions and parks.

Anyway, to answer your question: NO, you can never get too much of Disney!

Everytime I go to WDW I usually leave a day or half a day early, and I SWEAR I am not going to go back for at least 5 years ...... But everytime within 3 months of leaving I am planning another trip!

I went to the World 5 times in 2002, so I am probably not a good one to reply to this post ;) Seriously, the more the better in my book.

We went down for Halloween, AND AGAIN in early December for Christmas.

No regrets whatsoever.

you picked the wrong place to ask this question! We are all Disney freaks here! I would LIVE there if they would let me. Wouldn't it be great to wake up every morning to the Main St. music playing, the crowd bustling ,and hopping over to the Crystal Palace for a yummy breakfast? :)

There is so much to see and do at the World, I just don't see getting bored with the place. I love planning and going back time and time again. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We vacation at other destinations during the year, but I must get in my Disney fix!! The magic and memories that happenn there just keep bringing me back! :)

Gi

It had been a long time since I had been to WDW. After my honeymoon in Sept. '02, I want to go back as soon as possible. My husband and I have agreed that we will do WDW every other year and the vacation spot of his choice during the "off" years. That said, I'm trying to convince him to move up our 2/04 trip to sometime in November or December '03.
Thanks to this site, I've been getting my Disney fix reading trip reports!

thanks everyone!!! lissawynn-I know how you feel, we talked about only going every other year and doing something "smaller" in between BUT I really am trying to talk my DH into this year. I just feel like our children are just at the "perfect" age this year. He said "we just got back 3 months ago". I told him that even though we need to start planning it is still several months away.

Man there's so much to do in Central Florida besides Disney World. You can go to Sea World, IOA, Universal Studios, Outlet malls and beach. Check out some of the cheap attractions go to Flea Markets.

I would get a Orlando tourism packet and go over with your husband and let found some attractions and do some attractions you like to do to. Divide the vacations into parts and go from there. That's I would do.;)

Originally posted by lissawynn
It had been a long time since I had been to WDW. After my honeymoon in Sept. '02, I want to go back as soon as possible. My husband and I have agreed that we will do WDW every other year and the vacation spot of his choice during the "off" years. That said, I'm trying to convince him to move up our 2/04 trip to sometime in November or December '03.
Thanks to this site, I've been getting my Disney fix reading trip reports!

Wow, you are generous... I just bribe my hubby with golf at one of the WDW golf courses, and we never have to go anywhere else! At least we haven't in the past 5 years.

I did promise him that once we live down there, I "might" consider going elsewhere... like Tokyo Disney, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland and California Adventure, or one of the cruises.;)

Yes, you are very generous. Because it costs a lot for us to travel there/stay there/eat while there/etc with the entire family and no WAY would I go to that area in FL and not hit WDW at all!!!!! Just would never happen. Ever.
LOL
Now we did spend 4 days at WDW and 2.75 days of our trip at US/IOA ... so we didn't spend our entire trip at WDW.. but there's no way I could alternate vacations to every other one not hitting WDW at all if we were RIGHT THERE. Uhuh.... no way.

I've only been once- but as you can see... soon as I got back I wanted more! So I've got another trip coming up very soon after we got back from our last one (which was our first). We plan on waiting to go again as a FAMILY when our youngest is able to ride rides/etc. which will probably be 2004 or 2005- but after that- sky's the limit! We'll go atleast once a year after that... if we can afford it- until I'm gone from this earth probably. :) I'll always be a kid at heart- right? :)

. . . since you probably came to the wrong place looking for a debate on this question.

While it's true that some people could visit WDW again and again without getting bored, you also have to consider the opportunity costs. Unless you are independently wealthy and do not work for a living, you have limits to your available vacation money, your free time, or both.

It's a great big world, and there are countless places to go and things to do. If you have limited time and/or money, every repeat vacation at WDW is a missed opportunity to see some other interesting and fun part of Planet Earth. (And don't fool yourself into thinking that you're seeing the world by walking around Epcot; anyone who's ever been to those countries will tell you Epcot resembles foreign countries the way Splash Mountain resembles the Everglades.) Those experiences are especially valuable to children, who are still forming their views on the world and benefit from the widest possible exposure.

Moreover, WDW is so expensive that a week there would cost as much as several weeks at other vacation or travel destinations. So the lost free time is the same, but you are missing more than one opportunity by going back to WDW. (And that doesn't even address the issue of spending money on vacations that should be spent on more important things, such as college or dental work.)

Now, having said that, I think repeat trips to WDW over other completely fake experiences (i.e., cruises or all-inclusive resorts) are acceptable. If all you want from your vacation is to forget that there is such a thing as the real world, then WDW is a terrific place to do it. (Or, more accurately, Orlando is a great place to do it.) But if your spouse doesn't want to miss the chance to see the spectacular natural beauty, facinating cultures, and living history that the world has to offer for another trip to WDW, he has a point.

As middle- or upper-class Americans, we are incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to travel on leisure time at all, but that good fortune has limits -- the ultimate limit being our short lives. As great as WDW is, it would be an utter shame to squander that good fortune and precious time in the same little place again and again and again and again.

Great post! *clap clap*

My only problem would be there is NO WAY I could plan a vacation in Orlando,FL and not go to WDW atleast one (or a few) days of the trip! That would be just like asking my children to go on a 3-day shopping trip through candy stores but they couldn't have any!
HAHA

My husband is a Disney fan by conversion. Currently, we go to DL 2 -3 times each year and, last year, we were at WDW for about a week in February and then very briefly (two days) in September. When it came time to plan for our January trip, my husband was not as enthused as in February. However I am planning a lot of activities that we have not done before (especially outside of the parks but still on property). As I have shared my enthusiasm about these plans, he has been getting more excited. It will also be important to balance both of our needs (he sometimes need more rest time than I do on Disney trips). So, if you decide to go again so soon, maybe you'll want to place an emphasis on something other than "the usual," so that WDW still has a certain freshness to it.

As middle- or upper-class Americans, we are incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to travel on leisure time at all, but that good fortune has limits -- the ultimate limit being our short lives. As great as WDW is, it would be an utter shame to squander that good fortune and precious time in the same little place again and again and again and again.

This is one of the best, most sensible posts I have ever read in any forum of any kind. Add me to the short list of dissenting voices. As much as I enjoy Disney, it is very important for me to visit other places whenever I get the chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter