Too Old For Disney

The tip is make friends who love it as much as you do. I'm sorry you get that question. I'm so obsessed people don't even bother me about it, lol. That or I tend to not talk about Disney to those who aren't interested. okay, that's a lie. My friend complained I told him like ten times I was going to Disney in June. But I don't get questioned luckily. Me and I of my best friends just visited Disney. It was great to geek out over the same things. Even better she had a friend named Brittany down there. She loves theme parks, espically Universal. I met some of Brittany's friends too who have the Disney bug. Granted they stopped trying to do Disney trivia with me because they thought I knew everything, but they loved the parks and visited regularly. And living down in Orlando, many people are cast members. She did Legally Blonde and the girl who was the under story for Elle is good friends with Anna in the parks. Right now I am texting my new friends who are currently park hopping. So what if they don't understand? I feel sorry for them. Be confident with what you like.

Do what you love, and ignore what other people say! I don't think you are too old for Disney at all. In my opinion, no one is too old for Disney. Walt created it for those of all ages.

People said things like that to me when I was in high school, too. If it makes you better, I'm a senior in college and pretty much everyone in my nursing program was envious of the trip I just took ;) Things change, people mature. Don't pay negative people any mind!

Your never too old for the magic of Disney.Besides it is the place where dreams come true.

Psssh. I think that the thing about Disney is that 1) you have to have at least a small emotional connection, and 2) you have to actually go to be able to feel the magic.

I agree that you should do what you love. All that matters is that you're yourself! :)

I feel your pain. Disney and so much of the other things that I love aren't "cool". It's too "young" or I'm too "nerdy". But honestly, you have to stop caring about what people think, because there will always be someone trying to bring you down or be disapproving of something about you or even everything that you are. The only person that you need to please or be happy with is yourself. Who cares how old you are for Disney? Most people don't even act their age anyway! Walt wanted Disneyland and Disney World to be places where adults can be kids again, leave their worries and responsibilities behind. That was the point! So if you love Disney? Go ahead. Love it with all your heart. There's nothing wrong with that and there's nothing wrong with you. Disney is a wonderful, magical thing.

People will start to accept what you're passionate about once you start surrounding yourself with the right kind of people. It took me a little over three years to find a group of people who really loved me and accepted me. I developed really, really, really close ties with the kids at my school who did the shows with me- especially the spring musical and the partner I worked with during the fall play. It wasn't an ideal crowd to be around- everyone was a sophomore or freshman because nobody in my grade except for maybe ten or twelve of us wanted to do the shows, and only 3 of us actually wanted to be on stage, the remainder were techies. Nobody wants to be the senior who only hangs out with underclassmen, ESPECIALLY freshmen, but I made it work. It came down to this: I could be accepted for who I was by a group of people my grade would look right past, or I could take my chances with some of the popular people in my grade and cover up who I really was. And yes, I did get embarrassed when a some popular kid from my grade would walk by and see me hanging out with a bunch of freshmen. But I was looking out for my best interest.

I wish I could tell you "oh, just ignore the mean people!", and I wish I could tell you to "just be yourself and open up to everyone and blah blah blah". Unfortunately, school is not that easy. And I'm sorry about it. If you feel tension between you and your friends because they don't understand your hobbies and what you enjoy, it might be time for a change of company. I'm sorry. There were close friends of mine, friends I grew up with, friends who were there for me during dark times, that I had to cut ties with because they became toxic people and would only bring me down.

Sometime, it's not as simple as "just be yourself". Sometimes just being yourself won't solve all of your problems. You have to "just be yourself" around positive, supportive people or else you'll never feel secure with who you are. Find the right group of people and everything else will fall into line. I always tried to be myself, but I never had the confidence to embrace myself without worrying about what others thought of me until the right group of people came around to show me how loved and special I really was.

All the best.

Just ignore them. My friends say stuff like that all the time and I just ignore them. Also, adults(teens) are just kids grown up anyway.

I completely understand where you are coming from, but hey... maybe they are just jealous that you get to go to DISNEY! I turned 16 in February, and I could do anything I wanted and I wanted to go to Disney World and spend my birthday in the Magic Kingdom (though I've been to Disney over 50 times... 2x passholder :)). Whenever I would tell people in my classes that I was going to Disney for my birthday they would say things like, "You're 16 now." "Grow up" "Seriously? You go there all the time." "You're too old for that". But to tell you the truth, it didn't get me down. Disney is something that makes me so very happy. I have grown up with Disney and it has been a major part of my childhood. I am so happy that I have had the childhood I have had in such a magical place with the people I love. I watch Disney trip vlogs, all the DIS Unplugged videos, DCP vlogs, etc. because they make me happy. Disney is a magical place and everyone is happy there. It's so exciting to plan trips to Disney and you shouldn't let people get you down! I hope you have an amazing trip!:earboy2:

All my friends know of my love for Disney and they all know I will be old and grey and still be acting like a kid at WDW. If one of my friends would ask me if I thought I was too old I would just laugh and say Heck No. I'll never grow up anyway.

Don't in Peter Pan they sing a song "I Won't Grow Up" I am going to live my life that way. Disney will never grow old to me.

Ignore them! I constantly get the "again, why don't you go someplace else." I love Disney and I just ignore them. Try to make countdowns, research even more into the ever-expanding Disney World. That's what led me to the blogs today :earsboy:

I understand that feeling. Everytime I post a picture up on FB/Instagram my friend the next day ask me did you go to Disney again...They think I go every day or something. Every time we have summer, winter, thanksgiving break. They always ask so are you going to Disney during break. I keep telling them that I only go once a year. Yet they think I go multiple times a year. It's frustrating though since they don't understand my love for Disney. It's okay though! I'd say just ignore the people who doesn't appreciate what you love.

lol I go almost every month of every yesr

This year was my first time going to 3 of the parks at WDW in one year. We got the 3-day FL Resident pass and we ended up going to Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. I really enjoyed it spreading out the days that we go.

My family or at least my parents and little brother have the same obsession with Disney as me. Most of my friends I have especially now in America like Disney a lot but maybe not quite as much I as do. Back in South Africa though most of my friends have never been to Disney World and really could care less about it. They never understood how I could go so far to a place that takes over 1 day to there with all the flight lay overs and everything. They just don't understand how much fun it is once you get there. Of course I am exhausted once I get to WDW and the first couple days I was running on just adrenaline, but I still really enjoy myself. Now that I live about a 3 hours drive away from WDW it is way more convenient, but I still have the same amount of fun as when I came from South Africa those 3 times to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter