Took the plunge!!!!

Stefani P.

Mouseketeer
I did it! Booked my very first cruise on the Disney Dream in Feb 2019 ❤

So excited but also nervous because I have no idea what to expect.

On a 4 night cruise, will there be a pirate party? Or will it say on confirmation info?

And what do you wear to dine? Is there a restaurant where I will need to dress up?

Rainforest Room pass - worth a length of stay pass rather than 1 day? And can though be prepurchased or only day you board the ship.

** Me and my 23 year old daughter traveling for a mother/daughter trip!**

Yes. There will be a Pirate Night. Best way to tell will be when you can check-in and book activities. It will say then.

Pretty much anything you would wear to a restaurant (as in NO swimsuits, no bare feet, etc. - preferably no pajamas since there is no holiday themeing that would make a "cute" (not IMHO) Christmas Card picture there is really no excuse). The only ones that are strict about the dress code are Palo and Remy if you book one of those adult-only specialty restaurants.

Really depends on how much you plan to use it. Length of cruise is only available onboard. Single day is supposed to be only available ahead of the cruise, though there have been reports lately of people getting day passes on board.

Yes. There will be a Pirate Night. Best way to tell will be when you can check-in and book activities. It will say then.

Pretty much anything you would wear to a restaurant (as in NO swimsuits, no bare feet, etc. - preferably no pajamas since there is no holiday themeing that would make a "cute" (not IMHO) Christmas Card picture there is really no excuse). The only ones that are strict about the dress code are Palo and Remy if you book one of those adult-only specialty restaurants.

Really depends on how much you plan to use it. Length of cruise is only available onboard. Single day is supposed to be only available ahead of the cruise, though there have been reports lately of people getting day passes on board.

Thank you!!!

You can go to disneycruiselineblog.com to look at past navigators to get an idea of the types of activities that may be on your cruise(activities may not be exactly the same on your cruise, but gives you a good idea of what they usually have) You can also look at the different restaurant menus. After you see the different activities, than you could decide what type of spa pass you'd like to get. I've gotten pedicures/massages before, but haven't done the rain forest pass.

Thank you!!!

You're welcome!

Odds are on a 4-night, Pirate Night would be Night 3...it's never Night 1 and almost never the final night (because packing), so that leaves Night 2 or 3, and I'm pretty sure it was Night 3 on my 4-night Dream...but it's always subject to change.

I'll just add, if your activities page is "glitchy" and shows Pirate Night twice, look under OnBoard Fun for "Pirate League" rather than Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and that will tell you which it is.

Rainforest Room pass - worth a length of stay pass rather than 1 day? And can though be prepurchased or only day you board the ship.
It depends on how you envision your days. If you would prefer the spa to the adults-only pool area, I would say book the spa. On your first cruise, you are usually very busy simply experiencing the ship. I would lean towards no but do consider how you would spend the day in Nassau and Castaway Cay. Also, I would be more prone to book Rainforest if we were in an inside room - but we always choose a balcony and love spending time there.

It depends on how you envision your days. If you would prefer the spa to the adults-only pool area, I would say book the spa. On your first cruise, you are usually very busy simply experiencing the ship. I would lean towards no but do consider how you would spend the day in Nassau and Castaway Cay. Also, I would be more prone to book Rainforest if we were in an inside room - but we always choose a balcony and love spending time there.

Good thinking. I did book a balcony room.

You're welcome!

Odds are on a 4-night, Pirate Night would be Night 3...it's never Night 1 and almost never the final night (because packing), so that leaves Night 2 or 3, and I'm pretty sure it was Night 3 on my 4-night Dream...but it's always subject to change.

I'll just add, if your activities page is "glitchy" and shows Pirate Night twice, look under OnBoard Fun for "Pirate League" rather than Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and that will tell you which it is.

Great!!

so that leaves Night 2 or 3, and I'm pretty sure it was Night 3 on my 4-night Dream...but it's always subject to change.
Yep, on our 4 night Dream cruise Pirate night was supposed to be night 3, with Halloween on night 2. But they switched them due to bad weather reports for night 3 (not good for fireworks).

We sailed on a 4-night Dream cruise last year. It was really fun, but there wasn't much time to get to the spa, which we have enjoyed on longer cruises. We really enjoyed the adult pool area and the Satellite Falls area above it. Also love just spending time on our balcony and also on Deck 4.

We sailed on a 4-night Dream cruise last year. It was really fun, but there wasn't much time to get to the spa, which we have enjoyed on longer cruises. We really enjoyed the adult pool area and the Satellite Falls area above it. Also love just spending time on our balcony and also on Deck 4.

Okay, thank you. Sounds like spa may be unneeded this time.

Pirate night was on night 3 for our 4 night cruise on the Dream about a month ago.

We did not do the spa or anything like that - though that is not really my thing anyway - but there was so much to see that we wouldn’t have spent much time there anyway.

Pirate night was on night 3 for our 4 night cruise on the Dream about a month ago.

We did not do the spa or anything like that - though that is not really my thing anyway - but there was so much to see that we wouldn’t have spent much time there anyway.

And do the adults enjoy pirate party?? What exactly is it? I need to get pirate gear :)

And do the adults enjoy pirate party?? What exactly is it? I need to get pirate gear :)
It's fun. People buy into it, and that's key with a ship-wide theme night.

And strictly speaking, you don't have to get pirate gear. DCL will supply you with bandanas, so that you can theoretically look like a pirate (of some sort) while wearing cruise casual clothing.

I did it! Booked my very first cruise on the Disney Dream in Feb 2019 ❤

So excited but also nervous because I have no idea what to expect.

On a 4 night cruise, will there be a pirate party? Or will it say on confirmation info?

And what do you wear to dine? Is there a restaurant where I will need to dress up?

** Me and my 23 year old daughter traveling for a mother/daughter trip!**
For an adults-only cruise on a Dream-class ship, I personally would buy a length of cruise Rainforest Room pass. I loved lying on the heated lounger & relaxing in the hot tub, which has a great view out to sea.

I enjoy the show and fireworks.

I don’t do the mosh pit that is the dance bit or the feeding frenzy that is the buffet. (Seriously...people act like they have been kept below deck rowing without food rather than having just eaten a few hours before.)

Dressing as a Pirate is optional.

I don’t know if this is the case on all ships, but there was no buffet on Pirate night on our Western Caribbean cruise on the Wonder in February. We were told they no longer do this

I got a pirate t-shirt and called it good. Some people went all out. Do whatever you feel comfortable with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts