Toontown Acct. Hacked

LUV2BNWDW

Earning My Ears
Has this happened to anyone...My dd account was hacked and her highest toon was deleted. I will call Disney Online when they open. Nobody but her dsis and I knew her password. She changes it every couple of weeks too. Its been hacked before but she just had things go missing. Thats when she started changing her password on a regular basis. :(

Thanks

Do you have up to date virus protection? I would run a full scan

If there is a trojan or a keylogger on there that would explain how it could happen a couple of times.

I'd go with aengus. You can also try calling the services.. you could ask if they could move her toons to a NEW account and get her old one back.

I did run a virus scan and nothing was there. I found out from my daughter that there was a site that actually had a video showing people how to hack other peoples toontown account. Which has been removed. They also have info on how to steal clothes from someone. The good news is I called Disney Online and they can restore her toon minus her friends list and minus the stuff she had bought out of the catalog. Thanks for all the advice.

Tracy

I did run a virus scan and nothing was there. I found out from my daughter that there was a site that actually had a video showing people how to hack other peoples toontown account. Which has been removed. They also have info on how to steal clothes from someone. The good news is I called Disney Online and they can restore her toon minus her friends list and minus the stuff she had bought out of the catalog. Thanks for all the advice.

Tracy

Just wanted to correct one thing in there. There's absolutely no way to steal clothing on Toontown. There is a bug that when you do certain things with the closet (such as removing it while a different toon is trying on your stuff), the toon wearing the items will keep it on, but the item doesn't belong to that toon and gets put back immediately into the owner's closet after certain actions that involve changing clothes. They're totally aware of this bug, but it doesn't threaten anyone's clothing supply.

There has never been a way to "steal" or trade items on toontown. There are ways to hack accounts (in which they can use your jellybeans and gift their characters using the your catalouge), but the items on your toon cannot be moved to another character. They can be deleted, moved, or stored into your toon's attic.

----
Just had to get my former Toontown tester two-cents in :)
-Ren

Just wanted to correct one thing in there. There's absolutely no way to steal clothing on Toontown. There is a bug that when you do certain things with the closet (such as removing it while a different toon is trying on your stuff), the toon wearing the items will keep it on, but the item doesn't belong to that toon and gets put back immediately into the owner's closet after certain actions that involve changing clothes. They're totally aware of this bug, but it doesn't threaten anyone's clothing supply.

There has never been a way to "steal" or trade items on toontown. There are ways to hack accounts (in which they can use your jellybeans and gift their characters using the your catalouge), but the items on your toon cannot be moved to another character. They can be deleted, moved, or stored into your toon's attic.

----
Just had to get my former Toontown tester two-cents in :)
-Ren

This is true, there is also no way to "Trade" things from one account to another. once you buy from the cattlelog it is yours until you delete it.
You can Buy "Gifts" for friends from your current cattlelog though, So the very worst the hacker could have done was add his friends and spend all your daughters beans sending his friend gifts.
It stinks that it happened, but being hacked in Toon is a heck of alot less damaging than it was in VMK lol
Oh and unless the hacker deleted all her friends Toontown can get them back.

Thanks for clearing that up. I hadn't gone into the details of the site they gave me. That was just one of the hacks/glitches listed.

Tracy

I agree with aengis
check for firewall security and be prepared to find some scary findings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter