Toothsome Wait Time

LolaNJoe

Earning My Ears
Looking at going to dinner at Toothsome, probably on the later side, on a Sunday in early April. Since there's no reservations, does this guarantee a long wait? How long can we expect to wait?

Thanks!

How long is a piece of string?
No one knows how long you will wait, it can depend on time of day, party size etc.
I went in September, 6pm and waited 10mins with 2 people.

Early April is during spring break, however it's a Sunday, which traditionally for the parks, Sundays and Monday are the slower days. Also, I do not know what you mean by on "the later side", if it's well past traditional dinner time, it might be slower too. Unfortunately, I do not have a personal example myself of Toothsome, but traditionally my own advice for going to somewhere that is usually busy, or unpredictable: Get there before you're starving, or have a snack beforehand.

Also, if you have a smaller group, such as two, or three people you'll more than likely get a lower wait time, or at least whatever wait time they give you, it'll be shorter than predicted. That isn't a fact. However, my general experience with busy, or traditionally long wait restaurants is 9 out of 10 times that's the case.

..... however it's a Sunday, which traditionally for the parks, Sundays and Monday are the slower days. ....
Off topic....my bad:flower3:....
Why do you say that Sunday and Monday are the slower days? I am planning a trip in late August this year and trying to decide which days to go to the Universal parks.....I only have 1 day per park allotted. I would definitely choose these days if there were some rationale for these being the slower days.

Off topic....my bad:flower3:....
Why do you say that Sunday and Monday are the slower days? I am planning a trip in late August this year and trying to decide which days to go to the Universal parks.....I only have 1 day per park allotted. I would definitely choose these days if there were some rationale for these being the slower days.

Sunday and Monday are traditionally slower days, because traditionally (if you're not counting summer, or spring break) Sunday is typically a day where a lot of people will be packing and getting ready to go home by Monday if they're on vacation due to work and school. Monday is slower, since I'm assuming due to the same kind of concept, everyone is going back to reality on Monday, or is already there.

Of course, people do take the time off, or there wouldn't be anyone there on Monday, but it's just typically slower, but that is until the week keeps going on, because if someone does want to take vacation time off it makes more sense to take a day (Friday), or two (Thursday and Friday), towards the weekend, since most people traditionally already have Saturday and Sunday off.

Monday is generally a slower day for anything (restaurants, shops, ect), I'm assuming since everyone partied all weekend, or spent their nice evening out on Sunday already (since a lot of people relax by going out to dinner due to religious reasons), or has "a case of the Mondays". Those are theories, or assumptions. Some restaurants and shops (especially if they're "Mom and Pop" places) even choose to close Monday, because it's traditionally slow and they see no point.

We are planning on Toothsome on a 8/10 day (on Undercover Tourist). Can you make a reservation ? I see it's not listed on the page where you normally make ressies but can you pop over in the afternoon and make one ?

We are planning on Toothsome on a 8/10 day (on Undercover Tourist). Can you make a reservation ? I see it's not listed on the page where you normally make ressies but can you pop over in the afternoon and make one ?

No reservations for Toothsome. I have heard they sometimes take the priority seating available to deluxe on-site hotel guests. If you hit it at the beginning of lunch soon after opening, it's usually not busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter