Top 5 things that must be done, after boarding

Keoni

<font color=teal>Rest In Peace, Nate! You're an An
We're first time cruisers. We're sailing the Magic for Thanksgiving and would like to pose the above question. Serious replies only! We really need to get our ducks lined up.

So experts, what are the top five things we need to do after boarding? Remember nothing silly as: Register, get docs, walk to room , Please~

I'm in sensory overload with all the fine posts here and need solid advise.

Best regards

Keoni
:sunny:

Palos brunch
Palos dinner
frozen tropical drink
get lunch while DS swims in pool
register DS in Oceaneer Lab

Palo ressies
Spa ressies
Buffett lunch, try the orange mango soup(cold)
Drop off carry ons at cabin
Take a stroll around the ship

Good morning Keoni.

Top 5 things that must be done, after boarding

1 & 2) Make your Palo and/or spa reservations if either is to be on your personal itinerary.

3) Partake of lunch at Topsiders. Leave some shrimp for others.

4) Go to your stateroom and get settled in.

5) Read your Navigator. A ship's tour is usually offered. The meeting place has been near the Walt Disney Theatre.

Remember that later in the afternoon any activity is going to be interrupted by the mandatory life boat drill...

number one - make your ressies, spa palo etc.. number two...
Get your first frozen drink (very important :) )
number three see if your stateroom is ready and drop off day bag
next head to topsiders for lunch and another drink.. let the fun begin! ooops I almost forgot after lunch register child(ren) in club or lab, and when you first are in cabin locate your life jackets, make sure they are the right size (kid size for kids adult for adults) then after lunch get ready for drill..... (know where your muster station is-check out your TV it will explain it all) THEN FUN FUN FUN

I think I read here that instead of being forced to carry around that mug, you pay for the program and get a sticker on your KTTW and you can get sodas anywhere without dragging the mug. You can still buy the mug as a souvineer, but it costs extra.

If I recall correctly the mugs were set up right when you got off the elevators by topsiders along with the welcome aboard drinks

We haven't done Palo or the spa yet, so our top 5 would be different.....

#1 get mug and/or sticker for drink program

#2 find a bathroom and change kids into suits that are in carry on bag

#3 let the kids get in the mickey pool and take pictures of them being the ONLY TWO kids to be in there (not to ever be seen again during the whole cruise)

#4 grab some tenders from Plutos and bribe the kids into eating SOME sort of lunch "you can go down the Mickey slide again after two bites of chicken tenders"

#5 leave one adult at the pool watching the kids while the other goes to register kids in the clubs, check on stateroom, drag luggage in and unpack

Works for us! :)

Top 5:
1) Palo & Spa Reservations
2) Get candid photos with Mickey & Pluto in Nautical Uniforms while they loiter in lobby; No lines, turned out to be some of our best photos;
3) Lunch Buffet not at Topsiders but rather at whichever restaurant has the sit down service along with the same buffet menu; I think it was Parrot Cay on our last cruise. Same food, less crowding, waiter service for beverages and to clear plates, and cokes are no charge in the restaurant;
4) Register at Oceaneers Club/Lab
5) Drop carry-ons at stateroom, check to make sure everything is o.k. and works properly.

#5 can be done before #3 depending on your boarding time and how annoying your carry-on might be.

The swimming that others mention in this thread might depend on what time of year you cruise--last january 10th was not great swimming weather at port canaveral!

All great suggestions. My addition:

1) If you have infants/toddlers too young for Oceaneer Lab kids' club, go sign up for Flounder's Nursery if you plan to go to Palo's, the spa, or just want some adult time during the cruise. Even if you aren't certain when you want to use this service, sign up for what you may want then cancel reservations later if you decide not to use them. There is always a waiting list of folks who will be glad to take the cancellation. My wife stays home with our daughter and she didn't like the nursery at age 1, but she says she wants to go play there some this time around (leaving this Saturday!).

Hello Everyone!

Excellant, excellant! I thank you all very much! What a great bunch of tips!

Thank you!!!!!

Keoni:wave2:

1. Visit the Vista spa and make ressies for Palo
2. Go to lunch buffet at Parrot Cay and eat mango soup and fresh shrimp, etc.
3. Buy the wine package at lunch!
4. Swim in adult pool before the crowds get there
5. Unpack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter